OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

crispyorange

S32/33 is also quite tall w/ narrow shoulders, personally my fav! However, this series seems to have “fat wrists”, not a big deal for me tho~

Valiarde

crispyorange wrote:S32/33 is also quite tall w/ narrow shoulders, personally my fav! However, this series seems to have “fat wrists”, not a big deal for me tho~

Thanks for the input.
I received my S53 but I think it is nearly too big of a bust. The S10 looks a bit better in that part. But for the project the overall proportions of the body S53 is more what I had in mind

So maybe S32/33 would be an option? Don't know how the bust compares to S53 though. But I will take a look. But I think I will just use the 10 here before ordering another one. Smile

skywalkersaga

Valiarde, Ovy has used the s33 ( I think?) on one of his mediterrean ladies , if I remember correctly. Could look at those photos and help you decide regarding the bust.

Diana

I can't stand the S32/33 because of the narrow shoulders. They make her LOOK very tall and it just looks weird to me. ^^
I absolutely LOVE the shape of the S06 actually, if you don't mind the attached feet...  Rolling Eyes

But a good comparison for body shapes can be found on the new TBL dark skin colour charts. They are made to look the same size, so careful there.

The S23 is still one of my favourites. The upper body is shaped beautifully. 

But of course the S10/12 is also beautiful. It's tricky to make a choice without knowing what she will be wearing and how important the should width is.

madnug

madnug
Does the S46 Seem to have long giraffe neck?
or the shoulder is droopy further down than S42 and S52 that makes it look that way?

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 S46q10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
madnug wrote:Does the S46 Seem to have long giraffe neck?
or the shoulder is droopy further down than S42 and S52 that makes it look that way?

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 S46q10

I can’t speak to the S46, but I have both the 42 and 52 and there is a clear difference in neck length. Still the same height, give or take a mm, but there is a difference.

madnug

madnug
MM&I,
Thanks for the confirmation on the 42 and 52,

All 3 bodies shares same height, but the shoulders placement seem to make the 46 neck seem longer.
the line in the pic seems to show it falls below the other 2 bodies

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 S46qa10

Diana

Diana
I believe the S47B (same shape as the S46A) is the body used for the Amazon Soldier, Metis and several others, and yes, they all seem to suffer from the giraffe neck syndrome.

With the Amazon Warrior I don't mind it at all, but Metis is keeping her helmet on, which hides the giraffe neck nicely.

Images in their respective threads:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5510p80-new-product-tbleague-amazon-warrior-black-brown-version#92647

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7089-new-product-tbleague-athena-the-divine-strategist-pl2023-209-goddess-metis-pl2023-210#104375

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's frustrating that tbleague can't seem to keep the neck lengths consistent. I realise there will alway some variation due to the differing body shapes, but even in the bodies of the same 'range' of sizes, the necks seem to be hit and miss. For instance, the s12d is a common 'standard' body, and I don't actually mind it, but I've never been able to use it with the heads I wanted to cause the neck on it is weirdly too thick and short.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Neck length and width (girth?) is also inconsistent. Really obnoxious when you make custom head sculpts and can't keep things standardized.

I do want to mention that I wouldn't take shoulder positioning too seriously from the photos on Giantoy. These things have shoulders that can drop and rise considerably, so there is almost always wiggle room from the photo. I can tell you from experience that the S42 likely (95% confidence) drops to the same as the S46 with minimal effort. Yet another neat though quirky thing I suppose.

madnug

madnug
Diana wrote:I believe the S47B (same shape as the S46A) is the body used for the Amazon Soldier, Metis and several others, and yes, they all seem to suffer from the giraffe neck syndrome.

With the Amazon Warrior I don't mind it at all, but Metis is keeping her helmet on, which hides the giraffe neck nicely.

Images in their respective threads:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5510p80-new-product-tbleague-amazon-warrior-black-brown-version#92647

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7089-new-product-tbleague-athena-the-divine-strategist-pl2023-209-goddess-metis-pl2023-210#104375

thanks for the reference, i guess this body is best suited for those saintess knight variants / body with shoulder pauldrons or something thick hanging on the shoulders so to compensate the head clearence with helmet on.

Tbleague should readjust the height for S46/47 release to be a bit shorter or having adjustable/replaceable neck post options.
However, i've seen some ppl able to pull it off with some heads on it without being weirdly giraffe neck.

I doubt the head can articulate without moving the neck with most HS if it sits lower than the flesh area

valentin

valentin
Saw this on BBCIN, https://bbs-bbicn-com.translate.goog/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=399210&extra=page%3D1&_x_tr_sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui,sc

Love the new comparison

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That new comparison is excellent. What we’ve needed for a LONG time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 1f10

Diana

Diana
Wow! That comparison is awesome!
BUT!...
The bodies are still displayed at the same height in the overview pictures. While looking at the individual pictures I thought about making an overview where the bodies are actually kept in their respective sizes relative to the rulers on the side. Especially group shots of bodies that have something in common, like the curvy bodies, the anime bodies, the tall ones, the short ones, the ones with a small/medium/large bust,... LOL, maybe a little interactive table with filters would be more useful! :lol

Getting ideas... What a Face

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:I can't stand the S32/33 because of the narrow shoulders. They make her LOOK very tall and it just looks weird to me. ^^

lol!   That's funny, because I actually like the narrow-shoulders-tall-and-slim look of the S32 body. In fact, I just purchased another one, because to my eye it works well with the (Gubernator's favorite  Wink ) SDH018 head sculpts! Razz

The S32 is not my go-to TBLeague body, but it works well for that head. It is interesting how we all have slightly different tastes in what we like to see in these action figure bodies. Of course, the preferred body style is usually influenced by the project for which it is intended, and especially by how the head sculpts fit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw that, Dave... and in my defense I'm not alone in my taste... but anyway. Smile

So everyone is raving about this, but I cannot for the life of me get the link to open; BBCIN and my internet are not friends, for whatever reason. Perhaps at some point someone can extract the image and post it here.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
So folks don't have to fight BBCIN

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418826025_b5b5ad5853_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418391701_2d256eddc1_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418715114_a556dd8539_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418715119_18fbb03207_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418715109_bacd62fdf9_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418715094_3d710eed33_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53417473612_705d5691bb_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53417473607_0429dfb05c_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 53418391666_eb6b2b0254_kTBL Body Comparisons by T E, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, MMI!

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, MMI!

Welcome!

Seeing this now in a more "proper" presentation from TBL, I am really thinking about picking up a couple of the new skin tones, namely the S07D and maybe a S52B.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, MMI!

Welcome!

Seeing this now in a more "proper" presentation from TBL, I am really thinking about picking up a couple of the new skin tones, namely the S07D and maybe a S52B.
Definitely interesting prospects, I preordered a couple of the new skin tones for my favorite bodies.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hope these are available for a long time, because I'm unfortunately on a bit of a hiatus from extraneous purchases, sigh.

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Thank you for sharing those skin tones! I did not know that there are 4 skin tones at TbLeague... was only aware of pale an suntan. So these additional ones are actually new, right?

Thank you also for the interesting discussion on the S46/47. I too find their neck too long, but this is sometimes exasserbated by the heads, some of them have very shallow connectors and are designed for shorter necks. I was, however, able to use a few heads which work well with these long-neck bodies.

In any case, Happy Holidays to all of you!
Onesixthuals

https://www.onesixthuals.com

Diana

Diana
Once again, but in full size and all together with the additional comparison overview per skin tone:

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 01-04-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 10-16-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 20-22-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 26-28-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 34-36-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 40-41-10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 44-46a10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 48-50a10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 5214
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Pale10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Suntan10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Brown10 body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Dark10

Diana

Diana
I did a thing... I put all suntan bodies into one chart with accurate sizes relative to each other.

Original file:
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Tbl_co11

With adjustment for S53:
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Tbl_co12

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, awesome work! Well done, and thank you for this!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Awesome job, Diana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, Diana, very nicely done. I will look into integrating or linking this to the front page.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks as well, Diana! I saved that to my computer. That said, did anyone else notice that there is an almost 2cm difference between the S43 (28.3cm) and S53 (26.5cm)? I have the S42, S52 and S53 and I can tell ya, that isn't anywhere close to true. Maybe a 0.2cm difference, but not that much. I wonder if they typo'd on it?

koloth

koloth
Diana wrote:I did a thing... I put all suntan bodies into one chart with accurate sizes relative to each other.

Original file:
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Tbl_co11

With adjustment for S53:
body - TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually) - Page 7 Tbl_co12

Thanks, extremely useful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum