OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:09 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Gheizt eventually met the goddess Kaelani in person. She suggested taking him to a mystical place called the Valley of Light, where she could help to restore his lost memories by harnessing the area's spiritual energy. The only requirement was that he had to wear a breathing apparatus due to the highly toxic fumes within this sacred valley.

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_19
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_20
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_21
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_22
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_23
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_24Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_25
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_26
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_27Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_28
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_29
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_30

2Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive effects and photos. I wonder what dark and sinister turn this story will take...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) C8485110

3Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:27 am

Ovy

Ovy
Nice job with those chaotic LEDs and the Knex. That new native fabric thingy looks great too. I also like the breather and the manly dangle chains.

4Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another set of beautiful photos (and figures and sets). Always looking forward to what you do next.

5Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:52 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Setting. I love the light cube. It spends a real magic light. And the Kilt of Kaelani. It´s really hard to find fabrics with so small pattern that looks good for 1:6 Figures.

6Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, stunning pics! And I agree, the fabrics and details on the outfits work really well with the scale.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Echoing what everyone else said, the lighting is fantastic! I’m always in awe of your clothing too, they fit so well and the weathering is spot on!

8Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive effects and photos. I wonder what dark and sinister turn this story will take...

I don't know about dark and sinister, but I do want to try out a fight scene in the next part of this setting, playing around with more light sources as magic attacks, etc.

Ovy wrote:Nice job with those chaotic LEDs and the Knex. That new native fabric thingy looks great too. I also like the breather and the manly dangle chains.

Thanks Big O, it was my first time experimenting with LEDs and they worked out well it seems, I hope to learn some new tricks with them. Glad you like the new accessories as well; I was indecisive about weathering Kae's waist wrap, since she's supposed to be a celestial being of sorts...but who knows...maybe she loses her goddess status down the road somehow. (Spoiler...?)

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Setting. I love the light cube. It spends a real magic light. And the Kilt of Kaelani. It´s really hard to find fabrics with so small pattern that looks good for 1:6 Figures.
Lynkhart wrote:Echoing what everyone else said, the lighting is fantastic! I’m always in awe of your clothing too, they fit so well and the weathering is spot on!

Thanks Eph and Lynkhart, yes, it was tricky to get just the right angles to create the illusion, but the results are satisfying for practical magic 3ffects not created digitally! Luckily with this skinnier model most Barbie clothes fit decently enough with some modification. I actually had to extend the back area of her blouse but I hid it with her cape. Razz

9Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks futuristic tho the word I'm currently looking for eludes me, lets see how this turns out, we all know that in the light there is darkness or something along those lines, maybe it's the darkness is the bill, someone's gotta pay for it all😁.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 1f60e

10Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:58 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Perhaps you are correct, boo-bomb. Time for an update to know for sure.

As Gheizt accepted the spirit cube from Kaelani, he was bathed in light, and all of his memories from this timeline's life began to come back to him. His genetic makeup seemed to mutate as well, as his alien face tattoo disappeared.

KAELANI: You see clearly now, don't you? You are a demi god, Gheizt...a descendant of the likes of Zeus... The alien infection was suppressing your powers all this time, feeding off of them, but now you are free... The only thing left to do is face the personification of your inner demon, and destroy it.

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_31
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_32
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_33Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_34
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_35
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_36Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_37
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 15976510
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 15976511

DEMON: Relax, dear vessel. I'll deal with you...once I've dealt with the b**** who separated us.

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 15976512
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_38
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_39Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_42
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_43
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Faceap26Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_44
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_45
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_46Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 15976513
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_47
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_48

KAELANI: Alright, the rest of the fight is yours - this is your own personal inner demon, after all. I just wanted to get the balls rolling...by kicking them.

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_49
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_50

KAELANI: Remember, you're a descendant of Zeus so you can probably conduct lightning through certain objects!

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_51
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_52
Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_53

And here's a Faceapp background as a tease of what kind of environment I'm going to try and create next.

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Faceap27

11Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:04 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Nice effects again. I’m a little confused, though. Has he beaten his inner demon?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) C8485110

12Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice. He finally seems to be getting some answers. And Kaelani was so helpful... and witty! Smile Great photos and backgrounds, and I'm liking the new Gheizt face -- so expressive.

13Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:10 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. Nice effects again. I’m a little confused, though. Has he beaten his inner demon?

Afraid not. The true battle will require not only brute godly strength, but understanding and acceptance of one's personal psychological flaws/limitations, and how to overcome them. Imagine being in one of those dreams where you are trying to fight back and defend yourself, but time is moving too slowly to be successful. You have to resort to a more logical approach, brains over brawn. This will also be a challenge for myself...in translating it to doll photography. lol

14Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:20 am

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, great, I like the faceapp pic where she smiles into the camera after demon all kicking the most. 

The story is very serious sometimes, but then is interrupted by stupid beautiful humor. Reminds me a bit of JoJo. Maybe the demon becomes a fighting stand he can summon.

Anyway, glad you have started your LED journey, so much potential. The Cyberworld background in he last pic looks promising. Your worldbuilding is refreshingly bizarre, like some plains of existence in forgotten dimensions.

15Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:21 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So killer!!!  Kaelani is beautiful, and a great addition to the cast.  Love the light and smoke effects, the setting, and where the story has gone.  So cool to see Gheizt realizing his potential and coming in to his own.  So ready to see him take on his inner demon!

16Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:20 pm

ZombieTestSubject

The characters are super cool, as are the sets and graphics. I'd say inspirational.

17Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:13 pm

MerylAkiba

How did you sculpt the head from scratch? Did you use apoxie or a 3d printer?

I had another question, If she kicked his inner demon in the French yes-yes, does he feel the pain as well, akin to the Corsican Brothers, or Tomax & Xamot?

Have you thought of selling your story synopsis to Knotts for their horror nights? Or do a kickstarter to make a short horror movie? Or try to get in contact with Jordan Peele?

18Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:34 pm

GregT

epic on a grand scale, not often seen in 1/6.
your character development and storylines
are matched only by your photo techniques,
set-building, and figure execution.  too cool.

19Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Empty Re: Valley of Light (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 am

Ovy

Ovy
MerylAkiba wrote:How did you sculpt the head from scratch? Did you use apoxie or a 3d printer?

I had another question, If she kicked his inner demon in the French yes-yes, does he feel the pain as well, akin to the Corsican Brothers, or Tomax & Xamot?

Have you thought of selling your story synopsis to Knotts for their horror nights? Or do a kickstarter to make a short horror movie? Or try to get in contact with Jordan Peele?
 Jordan Peele, are you referring to DYCKNANIGANS(!) ? 
Just rewatched it this week. I need that kind of intellectualish art at least once a month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum