OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
So I haven't posted anything in a long time; I basically took a break from the 1/6th hobby and my creativity in general in the midst of some personal problems that took place in the latter half of last year. I just didn't have the motivation or interest to partake in a lot of the things I enjoyed before, but with some healing time and the turn of the new year offering new possibilities, I recently rediscovered my 'creative mojo' and decided to try and get back into the swing of things. A lot of this project has been re-hashing and modding previous figures/dioramas, with just a couple new things thrown in.

The being called Gheizt was a supernatural lifeform; a shape-shifter of sorts, known to go through a metamorphosis of physical and psychological mutation, while still retaining some semblance of memory from past lives (yeah, like Doctor Who). Though he was once infected by the extraterrestrial parasitic organism that plagued so many others, like his friends Ashteran and Aurora, Gheizt was eventually able to separate himself from the organism with the help of the goddess Kaelani. However, having fallen into a deep coma following his last mutation, Gheizt was unable to assist in finishing off the alien organism, who had taken control of a new host named Kallius. The goddess Kaelani was forced to team up with the Shaman trickster named Trey, who shared a mutual disdain for the alien lifeform's harmful presence on Earth. But even their combined efforts were not enough to defeat Kallius, who overpowered and enslaved the two to his will. It has been prophesied that only the power of three, born from the womb of the Dreamstar cocoon, will finally defeat the invaders. But this can only be accomplished if they are willing to put aside their differences, their past mistakes and wrongdoings, and work together.

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_89
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_90
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_91
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Faceap28
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Faceap29
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125110Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_92
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_93
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_94Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_95
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_96
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_97Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_98
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii_99
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii100
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii101
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii102
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii103Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii104
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii105
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii106
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125111
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii110
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii111Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii112
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125112
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125113
"How about a game of Blitzball?"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii113
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125114
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125115

That's it for the main photoshoot. But I also found some really cool filters on this app called PicShot, and figured I'd share the results. It gives a rather surreal vibe to 1/6 figure photographs.

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125116
"When I go on most business trips, I usually stray away from ships and icebergs."

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125117
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125118Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125119
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16125120

Diana

Diana
Once again great story telling and fantastic designs! The appearance of the saviour was quite touching. Smile
I also really like those artsy effects on the photos. Especially the second one!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, welcome back! Wonderful to see you and your creations here again. I love you

I love the whole set up here -- the backdrop and dio work really well. The design for Kallius (?) is great, and the cracks in the rock where he punches it are a neat touch. And is that Gheizt in his new form ? Very gripping all the way through! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad to see your creative mojo back up and running. Smile And producing the beautifully grungy post-apocalyptic fantasies you do so well. Once again my eyes feasted on the wealth of detail, the fully-developed characters, the interactive posing, and the cool special effects. Like Sky, loved the addition of the hole and cracks punched into the wall. And you found yourself some very cool filters, although I hope you continue to present your work in your usual way.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The storytelling and photography is wonderful. And the effect of the filters is really nice.

The figures have really nice outfits too.

davidd

davidd
Fantastic post-apocalyptic set building!
And dynamic posing!
Cool stuff!

BAMComix

BAMComix
very cool!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool stuff. Glad to hear you are doing a bit better, and to see you back working on your unique world. From the above storyline it feels like you put a bit of your own unfortunate situation into it, which can be very cathartic. Hope things continue to improve for you.

The new character is pretty cool looking, and interesting filter technique.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
AlKelAstra! So nice to see you back! This photo shoot is awesome. Gheizt's new incarnation looks great, and loving the new villian! And those shots of Gheizt appearing in the glowing light - So perfect! Really love coming back to this world.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's great to see you back Alkel.

You have also been busy with your figures and your dios, they are greater than before. I really like that new pale faced guy.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 1f60e

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed it's great to see you back AlKelAstra!

Cool series of photos!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Diana wrote:Once again great story telling and fantastic designs! The appearance of the saviour was quite touching. Smile
I also really like those artsy effects on the photos. Especially the second one!

Thank you! Glad you liked that part, tried to manipulate the light effects in a dramatic way and seems it worked out. The second is probably my fave too, I like the way the colors were intensified!

skywalkersaga wrote:Ahh, welcome back! Wonderful to see you and your creations here again. I love you

I love the whole set up here -- the backdrop and dio work really well.  The design for Kallius (?) is great, and the cracks in the rock where he punches it are a neat touch. And is that Gheizt in his new form ?  Very gripping all the way through! Smile

I appreciate the welcome back, happy to participate here again. 😊 I have been waiting to introduce Kallius for a while, but wanted it to be at the right time. Glad everyone likes his design. For the wall holes/cracks, I have also been wanting to show the progress destruction of a battle damaged environment over time, and eventually leave the whole thing in ruins after an intense battle. But that will only be after I am sure I am done using it for the other shoots, haha.

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad to see your creative mojo back up and running. Smile And producing the beautifully grungy post-apocalyptic fantasies you do so well. Once again my eyes feasted on the wealth of detail, the fully-developed characters, the interactive posing, and the cool special effects. Like Sky, loved the addition of the hole and cracks punched into the wall. And you found yourself some very cool filters, although I hope you continue to present your work in your usual way.

Yeah definitely, I just thought those were fun to play around with. Though I will probably continue to use the mobile programs to edit and tweak future photos since I no longer have access to a PC (it was unfortunately stolen).

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool stuff. Glad to hear you are doing a bit better, and to see you back working on your unique world. From the above storyline it feels like you put a bit of your own unfortunate situation into it, which can be very cathartic. Hope things continue to improve for you.

The new character is pretty cool looking, and interesting filter technique.

Thank you, I appreciate the support. And I am glad you recognized what I was doing with this storyline and the one before; the last photoshoot was about feeling trapped and imprisoned by oneself, while this one is about regaining freedom and independence.

ReverendSpooky wrote:AlKelAstra!  So nice to see you back!  This photo shoot is awesome.  Gheizt's new incarnation looks great, and loving the new villian!  And those shots of Gheizt appearing in the glowing light - So perfect!  Really love coming back to this world.
Thanks man, means a lot. 😁 Glad you still approve of the reincarnations! I wasn't sure how that shot would turn out, it was actually just experimentation.

Also, I had a handful of more shots I wanted to get, and just wrapped up the next part of this scene. So here it is!

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128310
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128410
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128411Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128412
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128413
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii114Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii115
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii116
TREY: "What the...where did he go?!"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii117
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii118
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Faceap30
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii119
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii120Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii121
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii122
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii123Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii124

KALLIUS: "Interesting weapon you have there, kid - capable of deflecting my phantom blasts. Mind if I take it for a swing?"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii125
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii126
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii127Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128416
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii128

KALLIUS: "What the...hell? Why can't I...?"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128417

GHEIZT: "The Blitzblade is a part of me...I cannot be harmed by it."

KALLIUS: "Oh yeah? Well what about them?"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii129
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) 16128418
GHEIZT: "The more important question you should be asking is: What about...DEEZ NUTS?!"

KALLIUS: "Huh-?"

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii130
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii131
Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) Lumii132
TREY: "HA! Got 'im!!!!!!!"

Diana

Diana
HAHA AWESOME! Thank you!! Keep'em coming!
The "What the...hell? Why can't I...?"-Moment was my favourite. Beautifully captured that irritation. Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
Just amazing - totally cool setup and perfectly matching characters. Love your background story and how it all fits together.
excellent dynamic posing, great effects... simply WOW
(my favourite also was when he smashed the wall... I really started to look the pics all over for this crack... so, thanks for confirming you intend to dismantle piece by piece - what a shame, by the way Wink )

The wealth of individually created worlds and characters in this forum is astounding. I wonder how I shall manage to catch up with many of them.

(Have there been prequels to this? as a newbie I do not know... I will try to start whatever there is at its beginning.)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! So many more cool effects. I guess he got his in the end (?) — getting hit in the “boys is never fun.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Agents of The Dreamstar (UPDATED w/ Part 2) C8485110

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
great to see some new stuff from you, amazing stuff no less Wink you got that special (in a good way "odd") style that i can't quite put my finger at but find fascinating at the same time.
i hope things are looking up for you and you find the 1/6 hobby enjoyable again. i can kinda understand what it means having no relief from doing stuff that was joyful before but since with the 1/6 hobby there's neither a deadline nor any expectations except your own to meet, it's something you can put down and come back to anytime, which in itself is a very calming thought.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool follow up with the fight scene and more effects. Even more impressive considering you are apparently doing all this on your phone! And whoever stole your computer earned a ton of bad karma.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice action shots and use of photoshop! It really brings the scenes together Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
Yeaaah, so good to have you and your beautiful crazy surreal art back, sir. The BIZARRENESS of the magical effects is very Jojoesque. And Mr. Rautenberry turning more and more into that important greyish being. As I said before I love the unique style of clothes and the surreal backgrounds.

Hope you are doing better.

And...HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM GRAPES???

ZombieTestSubject

Such an active scene, and great work on both the characters and the setting. Cool effects as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum