OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Valiarde

Looks a bit like a custom figure...that armor looks a bit like my worbla attempts. Color of the body also seems very bright and easier done by using oil pastels imo.
Not a fan tbf

But then again I never played WoW

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Wow. What a difference between prototype/promotional photos and product. You're right, you can do a lot more with the actual product, but by sprucing it up in various ways. I hope you do, because it still has plenty of potential.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Whoa! Talk about Bait & Switch. As Sky said, how in the world did they forget to paint the head to match the body? And the outfit looks cheap and toy-like. I'm seriously glad I didn't get this or I'd be super pissed.

Valiarde

Just realized this is from WarStory! They made a superb Geralt figure with real leather and chainmail for a good price. And now this?!

Theflyingman

Man. I feel so bad for you, if I got a figure like that I'd be pissed as hell.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
This is a real bummer. I almost PO'd it, since it's hard to see orcs, the promo pics were promising so much and I got the She-Venom from the same company, which is a GREAT figure.
I was expecting the same quality level or higher. Unfortunately, we're all taking this risk when pre-ordering.

Thanks for posting it, so we know what to expect from this figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This made me second guess getting the newly announced Clown Queen figure (Harley Quinn) with the two different heads.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 C8485110

suo76

Just to show that the costume doesn't look thaaaaaaat bad, if you don't get distracted by that awfully coloured body. I had only a 32a lying around, probably another body shape would even work better. Just putting those stretchy leather pants on a tbleague body is a pain in the ass.

Will try to dye another body in a matching colour to the orc head and make a more modern halforc from it. Just have to wait for the right dye to arrive and than see if I figure out how to get the right colour going... Rit Dye's Lemon Tahini looks like a good match to go for at least...

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210315
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210317
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210316

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you're right, she looks remarkably better.

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is one of my favourite heads ever ( I own one too) and it makes every fig better. Okay at least the female ones Very Happy

Looks better indeed!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s definitely a huge improvement!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You’re right. The costume looks good there. Hopefully you can dye the body the way you want to improve the Orc.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The outfit look really good.

The coloring of the original figure and the mismatch of the head's color is a grave error by the company that produced it. I get that the color of the final product may be a bit different, but this is just really poor work. *puts them on the list not to buy from*

suo76

s16a is a much better body for her. Very Happy

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210319
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210318
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210320

brassco

brassco
The uncolored HS means i can use it on a standard body! But can't find it parted out. The fangs on a female face is unique.

suo76

But it is still a green head, so either you have the body fully clothed or it looks weird. With some time we should get this figure parted out though because once people realize from reviews how awful the colours match, there won't be many buying the whole set anymore.

csyeung

csyeung
Oh man, that's such a huge color mismatch. I wonder if they went with separate companies for the head and body and didn't bother syncing them up. Your body swap custom looks real awesome suo76! Is she a horde blood elf?

suo76

csyeung wrote:Is she a horde blood elf?
Sorry, I am not familiar with Warcraft lore. Just bought the figure for the unusual fantasy setting and then looked for a body and head in my possesion that would match. Very Happy

csyeung

csyeung
Hehe, I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft. They introduced the blood elves and let them become rogues. Your figure would fit right in! I must admit, I like your version better than what came in the box!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 27fffa83d0781e874a55d27f6fd86ffc

suo76

I see the similiarity. Didn't like to have her with those comical and overproportionate daggers and no protection. So she got Coo Model's Ares' Shield and Asmus Toys' Elrond's Sword. Very Happy

Now I am satisfied with the result. Though I will keep looking for a matching spear. Wink

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210321
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210323
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210322

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great choice of sword and shield, suo76, they work well with your figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That really is such an amazing upgrade. You turned what could have been a complete 'dud' into something very unique and beautiful!!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Vast improvement. She looks good.

suo76

Started to try dying bodies with rit dye like gooboo described it in the tutorials. Ruined one body by using to much heat and leaving it sit in the dye for too long. But the second looks promising. Still a little too fair skinned, but I will leave it like that to avoid runinig it as well.

Pictures without colour filter:

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210410
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210411
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210412

suo76

Pictures with warm earthtone filter that smoothes the difference in skincolour.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210414
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210415
Female - NEW PRODUCT: War Story: 1/6 Orc Female Assassin-For the Horde! (NO.WS008) - Page 2 20210413

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The experiment looks pretty successful, suo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum