OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MR.TOYS MT2020-07A 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-10
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-11
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-12

MR.TOYS MT2020-07B 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball​

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-13
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-14
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) M-021-15

#newproduct #Mr.Toys #Female #headsculpt #movableeyes #accessory #movie-based

brassco

brassco
I just PO the battle face version. I hope it's as good as the promo. Cheers!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the helmet hair on the HT one. There was a custom "hair piece" by someone on FB, but it was over $300 USD -- $35 for one of these is a much better option.

I just wish the Battle version had come with a much more intense expression.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) C8485110

Diana

Diana
This is really nice.
Sadly I am not at all happy with the movable eyes on my Wondery head - one seems a little deeper/thicker than the other so it always looks darker...

Do any of you have heads with movable eyes that look good?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the helmet hair on the HT one. There was a custom "hair piece" by someone on FB, but it was over $300 USD -- $35 for one of these is a much better option.

I just wish the Battle version had come with a much more intense expression.

It was probably the one being offered by JKICustoms. He is incredibly skilled (he's the one who did my Anakin) but yes, the Alita hairpiece did seem especially expensive. Though I think it was mainly due to the amount of hours that went into it.

I'm not even remotely into this character, but for those who are, this does seem like a very good cheaper alternative. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Do any of you have heads with movable eyes that look good?

The HT Indiana Jones has been controversial in that respect, but what about the HT Darth Maul? Both head sculpts have moveable eyes. Here are a couple of my threads using these heads:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2206-star-wars-moving-on-solo-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2773-star-wars-updated-darth-maul-custom-part-iv-maul-2-0-photo-heavy

As for the product showcased here, it looks fine to me, I'm just not into this look personally -- uncanny valley and anime-like and all that. I suppose it is not meant to look entirely realistic, so I don't know how well one could evaluate it.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:Do any of you have heads with movable eyes that look good?

The HT Indiana Jones has been controversial in that respect, but what about the HT Darth Maul? Both head sculpts have moveable eyes. Here are a couple of my threads using these heads:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2206-star-wars-moving-on-solo-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2773-star-wars-updated-darth-maul-custom-part-iv-maul-2-0-photo-heavy

As for the product showcased here, it looks fine to me, I'm just not into this look personally -- uncanny valley and anime-like and all that. I suppose it is not meant to look entirely realistic, so I don't know how well one could evaluate it.
Ooooh yes, he does look good with those eyes. And now that I think about it,... I have the Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee here and he looks good, too. So HT seems to be reliably good.
What about those Super Duck female heads with movable eyes? Or other Wondery heads? Maybe I was just unlucky or got a KO...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Ooooh yes, he does look good with those eyes. And now that I think about it,... I have the Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee here and he looks good, too. So HT seems to be reliably good.
What about those Super Duck female heads with movable eyes? Or other Wondery heads? Maybe I was just unlucky or got a KO...

Thank you. HT's earlier PERS movable eyes (which were intended to move in unison, so couldn't be crossed, etc) were criticized for being too fragile or too deeply set, thereby interfering with the realism/accuracy of the heads (e.g., with the Indiana Jones); these new ones (like Maul and I don't know what else has them) with independent eyeballs may be an improvement. I wouldn't know about the Super Duck or Wondery heads.

brassco

brassco
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) A01
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) Sdr-soft
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) Seg-soft
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) A04
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) A05
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) A06
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) Seg-soft

The HS finally arrives, so i could put on the DAFTOYS' Alita casual clothings
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3401-new-product-daftoys-f05-1-6-scale-battle-angel-costume-set?highlight=daftoys

I used a S23B (mid bust, Suntan) for this figure. The HS and handsculpt fits this peg size, so i am happy with it. The pants is very tight. It cost me a lot of time and effort to finally put on, which is still not exactly up to the groin area. The shoes, however, i couldn't put it on! I pressed and pressed, but the shoes just wouldn't lock in. I examined the leg peg, and discovered that, it is the shoes' connector hole that is a bit bigger! I wasn't using the teenage body, which has a smaller peg! I searched for the jointed bodies, and discovered the connectors are even smaller! So, in the end, i used a thick sticky tape to make the shoes holes smaller, and it works. However, i couldn't balanced the figure by itself without using a stand.

I compared it with a Hottoys' Alita. I actually preferred the sculpted hair of the HT! The HS of Mr. Toys is not the same as the promo pictures. The hair is a bit longer than desired. The other HS, the battle version with red blood smear, is the same HS as the other one.

The blade of HT's is better than DAFTOYS, imo. Overall, the shoes are a let down.

blackpool

blackpool
Diana wrote:This is really nice.
Do any of you have heads with movable eyes that look good?

That's really hard to tell, sometimes it works wonder, sometimes... not that much lol.

As Gub said, the HT indiana jones is quite controversial, I personally like it a lot, but I agree the moving eyeballs do impact the depth they are installed in the skull, or the thickness of the skin around them...

On the other side, Jack Sparrow's headsculpt works miraculously well, with super thin eyelids and surroundings, it doesn't impact the likeness to Johnny Depp or the quality of the sculpt.

In the end my main concern with those is how they handle the neck connection, as all the movable eyes system does take some space in the head, and sometimes it prevents from having rooted hair or just a regular neck connector...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks good, brassco. If getting the clothing on was such a pain, and if you want her a bit shorter, have you looked into using S24-25 or even S26-27?

Blackpool, I like the HT Indy a lot, too, but like you mentioned (a long time ago) -- I think -- it helps looking at it with a lower light source.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received my head like yours the other day; have you noticed that there's no way to actually move the eyes...? False advertising to say the least. And one of mine looks a bit... wonky (not drastic, but enough where it bugs the F out of me).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MR.TOYS MT2020 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt w/ movable eye ball (2 versions) C8485110

brassco

brassco

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum