OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

It's time for that alt history post for that series of figures I've made! Two star wars bashes in a row is too much (who am I kidding) which is why I'm posting this guy. The idea started out first as a foreign volunteer, a territorial guard and lastly as a specialized landing unit of the navy, as with all my alt history figures thus far the pouches where made by me, in this case I drew inspiration from the 1896 pattern colonial infantry belts used by the Spanish Army, I personally do not know if such belts where ever used in Puerto Rico but I know they where used in other places (such as Cuba and the Philippines). The original belt had 4 pouches at the front with a larger reserve one, the one I made has 6 pouches and no reserve one.

Other things I did was fabric medium paint the uniform tan (it didn't bleach), remove the lower pockets, and paint the helmet light blue and do some brown spotting on it to make some weird camouflage.

Puerto Rico Naval Infantry

Created in 1923 the naval infantry was meant to be the Navy's land based force, over time new tasks where added to them such as attacking land objectives after the navy had bombarded them, board enemy ships and secure landing positions and start construction of basic infrastructure needed to land supplies, vehicles and troops. The uniform chosen for the naval infantry was the same as those of the standard army but in the lesser seen color of tan, their equipment was also different as they employed a cartridge belt of six pouches that could carry a total of four clips each. Originally the naval infantry wore ankle height boots with puttees or gaiters but these where slowly fased out in favor of canvas boots or leather boots if they where on land.

Puerto Rico's naval Infantry would undergone other changes in the 1930's, they replaced their old rifles with newer ones, they also adopted the stahlhelm which where either produced or bought, some surplus helmets also made their way to them. Since navy helmets where usually painted a light blue the marines would often stain their helmets with the help of paint and sponges to create a pattern known to them as "Blue Coral". The naval infantry would be one of the most active of all branches, often times carrying out operations against smugglers, their largest operation would be in 1937 when a group known as "Frente Unido Revolucionario (United Revolutionary Front) declared the at the time unincorporated territory of Vieques a republic and sovereign nation free from Puerto Rico's uncaring leadership. Naval Infantry troops would make landfall on May 7th 1937, 16 hours after the declaration, navy ships fired upon positions while the marines advanced, the revolution was put down two days later with the incarceration of the rebels and the execution of the leaders, Vieques would be placed on martial law for a total of two years.

[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry XJwIgPf
[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry Dn7ELtJ
[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry RGzHGbp
[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry 4P1GnXq
[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry BKWkyja
[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry HjkLWBI

Not the pilot I keep talking about but I hope it's still something cool to look at. Talking about pilots he's mostly done and I just need to finish his belt and some other equipment. With my pilot I'll consider the series done when it comes to military figures, I might still make other figures such as the FUR guys or some other guys but I'll see if I do. For now that's all I hope everyone has some fun and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another realistic-looking trooper for your alternate history series! Nice rationalization for the various choices, especially the helmets. And I love the use of the street elevation diorama.

Ovy

Ovy
Great looking guy again. I mean with the blue coral helmet and sand colored uniform, he is near invisible on a beach!
And you pouch making skills show again.

Nice attempt, that revolution. Communists?

GregT

flawless job on the uniform, and your leatherwork is impeccable as always.
the large lugs on the helmet, is that like the WWI-era stahlhelm?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Another one of your wonderful alt-history creations. Did you say you painted the uniform?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool figure, indeed. The color scheme works exceptionally well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Another realistic-looking trooper for your alternate history series! Nice rationalization for the various choices, especially the helmets. And I love the use of the street elevation diorama.
Thanks Gubernator, the street one continues to be one of my favorite dioramas, I hope to add some new things to it soon.

Ovy wrote:Great looking guy again. I mean with the blue coral helmet and sand colored uniform, he is near invisible on a beach!
And you pouch making skills show again.

Nice attempt, that revolution. Communists?
Thanks Ovy, the helmet was originally going to be blue but I decided to try something new. I'm glad you think my pouches are great, makes me feel good about my skills.

I have yet to categorize the FUR as anything, that said I'm leaning towards communists or anarchists, unsure yet.

GregT wrote:flawless job on the uniform, and your leatherwork is impeccable as always.
the large lugs on the helmet, is that like the WWI-era stahlhelm?
Thanks GregT, the helmet is a cotswold WWI german trench raider helmet, I removed the additional helmet shield but left the lugs since it looks quite interesting.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Another one of your wonderful alt-history creations.  Did you say you painted the uniform?

Thanks ThePhotosBlog. I did paint the uniform since I couldn't bleach it, I used something known as fabric medium which sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. This time around the fabric is a bit stiff but not too much.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool figure, indeed. The color scheme works exceptionally well.

Thanks Stryker.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] The Spear of the Navy! Puerto Rico Naval Infantry 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum