OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

New photos at the bottom of this first post!

Been a while since I last posted anything, I've been busy with stuff like Starfield and now Cyberpunk 2077, both of which have consumed most of my free time for some time now but I'm still putting stuff together, though my building proyects are halted at the time. Regardless I took some time off of that to photograph these two guys that I put sometime back in September, the were born out of a random idea that was born out of an idea, making Caribbean Confederacy soldiers, but I wasn't sure how to tackle the time period (being from around the 1860's) and since I got more 1930's stuff I decided to go that route.

So, the Caribbean Confederacy, what is it? well it was an idea proposed by prominent pro-independence figures from Puerto Rico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic, the idea was to unify and fight back against Spain and other European powers in the Americas, a slogan that was used was "The Americas for the Americans" which is ironic considering most of these important (and influential) persons were of European descent themselves, apart from those first tree nations there were also plans to include Haiti and Colombia. Nevertheless the idea never really materialized and after 1898 it pretty much was forgotten.

The alt-history
So, what happened in this alternate timeline? Well the confederacy existed and at first was successful in fighting back against Spain, however it was never really meant to last and by the 1870's there were problems, internal issues and struggles, infighting and ideology all mixed into one little package. Added to that was also the growing desire of true independence among the founding members, by 1900 the confederacy was no more, dissolved in a ceremony without much fanfare, each nation going their own way, naturally there where still those who clinged to it, either because they were part of it or because they believed in the ideals. By the 1910's the confederacy was nothing more than history, in PR monuments to it were either changed to reflect the new reality or removed. For Puerto Rico the 1910's would be a time of political and social change, the adoption of a new constitution and the passage of new laws, many among the remaining supporters of the confederacy were against such changes and protests were organized in hopes of changing the course, to this were added a great deal of anti americanism (due to US interests and cooperation) and anti european sentiments which allowed non supporters of the confederacy to also join in uneasy alliances. The 1920's would not be so different save from some military advisors from France and the US being brought to train the troops, protests would continue and a few incidents of rioters attacking jails and police headquarters would happen, the situation however continued to deteriorate during this time period without the government doing much about it. By the 1930's the situation would reach it's boiling point.

The Federal Troops
Though Puerto Rico received French and US training most of it's gear reflected it's early Prussian starting, the Mauser which was adopted all the way in the 1870's under the confederacy continued to be used although much more modern versions of it, so too was the equipment. Newer weapons wouldn't really start appearing until the 30's when French machineguns and artillery pieces made their way to PR alongside some new US made weapons such as the BAR and others. Not only were there new infantry weapons but PR also acquired some FT-17 tanks that would become it's fledging armored corps. Additional to weapons PR also adopted it's first helmet, the Adrian, no local copies of the helmet were produced and the number of helmets in use seems to have been low. The uniform used by the troops was green, done in order to distinguish them from the older tan uniforms from the early 1900's, as for the rest the equipment would remain mostly the same until the mid 1940's when US equipment and later uniforms were adopted.

[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) GeIVNhb
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) MFajBcE
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) GbhjuZC
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) WGKwRr9
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) KB5W1MO

[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) JilQMxu
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) AFal8rI
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) E0uCywP
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) UqPX8kM
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) QxAEYa1

And well, that's that, It's short but at the same time it's not something that I saw down and thought much about it and how it would need to make some sense, in essence these are more like "fun alt history" figures to put together and not think much about accuracy of reality in the setting, still I did try and make it credible. I still have one more figure of this setting and then I'm off to do something else (actually just take some photos) of my other figures that are totally not inspired by my recent cyberpunk playthroughs at all. Until then however take care and keep having fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figures!

Valiarde

Valiarde
These look really well done. I'm no expert when it comes to military figures, so I don't know how many different parts you used here to kitbash these figures, but the result is great.

Ovy

Ovy
Some say the door talks to you sometimes. But it's always better to not be alone when guarding it.

Another beautiful educational entry, I like the lighting, looks like evening sun. First I thought the head of Trooper #2 is a bit large, but now I thin kit gives him character.

Chip

Very realistic looking pair , and a different subject . I liked the face app add ons , they bring the figures to life . Well done .

r3500vdp

Excellent. Love the combination of history with the figures and diorama, thank you. One of my other hobbies is to collect replica (air)guns so nice to see these 1:6 scale versions.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figures!
Thanks BAM!

Valiarde wrote:These look really well done. I'm no expert when it comes to military figures, so I don't know how many different parts you used here to kitbash these figures, but the result is great.
Thanks Valiarde, their uniforms are WWII german uniforms with the lower pockets removed and painted green, I use those cause Dragon made probably millions of those uniforms and are generally cheap.

Ovy wrote:Some say the door talks to you sometimes. But it's always better to not be alone when guarding it.

Another beautiful educational entry, I like the lighting, looks like evening sun. First I thought the head of Trooper #2 is a bit large, but now I thin kit gives him character.
Thanks Ovy, perhaps the door bites, but to know that we need the ghostbusters or maybe a D&D group to see if the rogue gets eaten. You are correct in saying that trooper has a big head cause he really does, at the same time his pith helmet is also weirdly big but I guess it's one of dragon's early helmets that were made for their big heads.

Chip wrote:Very realistic looking pair , and a different subject . I liked the face app add ons , they bring the figures to life . Well done .
Thanks Chip!

r3500vdp wrote:Excellent. Love the combination of history with the figures and diorama, thank you. One of my other hobbies is to collect replica (air)guns so nice to see these 1:6 scale versions.
Thanks R3500, glad you liked these guys.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) 1f60e

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s a couple of excellent fellows you have there. Awesome stuff. As always, your alternate history is well researched and developed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like them very much and glad you were able to do a couple of them to watch each other's backs. Believable characters. Nice work with FaceApp, too (is there a reason these have the more monochrome colors?). As always, they work beautifully with your street diorama.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great and well-thought alternate history and kitbashes.

Diana

Diana
Nice figures, especially as a pair, nice work with FaceApp and I really appreciate the scene! Beautifully presented.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2012 wrote:That’s a couple of excellent fellows you have there. Awesome stuff. As always, your alternate history is well researched and developed.
Thanks Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:I like them very much and glad you were able to do a couple of them to watch each other's backs. Believable characters. Nice work with FaceApp, too (is there a reason these have the more monochrome colors?). As always, they work beautifully with your street diorama.
Thanks Gubernator! No real reason to the monochrome colors really, just me messing around with filters and stuff.
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great and well-thought alternate history and kitbashes.
Thanks ThePhotogs!

Diana wrote:Nice figures, especially as a pair, nice work with FaceApp and I really appreciate the scene! Beautifully presented.
Thanks Diana! Glad you like the little street scene.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Here!
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) 4PwykSQ
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) IHFBou2
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) ScPjAyD
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) O6XNWOq
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) I34bbCd
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) YDR9qyr
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) SfC4elz
[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) XgxY0xU
And that's that for now, I gotta now go get ready for Santa Claus or something like that. So until next time have keep, stay safe and hopefully santa doesn't forget to deliver them cool figures you all want.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice pair of figures, working beautifully with your diorama.

Diana

Diana
Wow! That comparison shot was fun! I kept going back and forth. Uncanny! Beautiful work. Smile

davidd

davidd
The settings and the uniforms are stunning in the attention to detail.

The sidewalk and the cobblestone street look particularly realistic!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very cool. Nice new shots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Alt History] Federal Infantry, Puerto Rico 1935 (new photos added) 1f10

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice pair of figures, working beautifully with your diorama.
Thanks Gubernator!

Diana wrote:Wow! That comparison shot was fun! I kept going back and forth. Uncanny! Beautiful work. Smile
Thanks DIana, I'm glad it was that good considering I didn't take much time with these guys.

davidd wrote:The settings and the uniforms are stunning in the attention to detail.

The sidewalk and the cobblestone street look particularly realistic!
Thanks Davidd, glad you liked it.

Stryker2012 wrote:Very cool. Nice new shots.
Thanks Stryker!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum