OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:14 pm

BAMComix

GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:thanks! I was good friends with the late MiskatonicNick, he taught me so much about set building. He was also very patient with someone who nothing! lol!

Then you are continuing a grand and hallowed tradition; he would be proud of you.

Thank you so much Very Happy That really means a lot Very Happy

27Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:22 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Ah, thanks!  There we go!

No problem Gary bounce

that one is my favorite of our collaborations, even if not quite not the funniest.  You put a lot of work into that one and still, you got it done very quickly once i sent the photos.  I have to catch up to you in comic-book appearance department.  I love the frames where Kamiko or Ana are grinning.

I agree, it was great fun to work on. The smiles were done with faceapp and I use comiclife to put my comics together. It's a fantastic piece of software bounce bounce bounce

I have to look into that Comic Life App. I've been using Photoshop , which I suppose works and which I use all the time, but was not designed for the express purpose of creating comics

28Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:26 pm

BAMComix

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

No problem Gary bounce

that one is my favorite of our collaborations, even if not quite not the funniest.  You put a lot of work into that one and still, you got it done very quickly once i sent the photos.  I have to catch up to you in comic-book appearance department.  I love the frames where Kamiko or Ana are grinning.

I agree, it was great fun to work on. The smiles were done with faceapp and I use comiclife to put my comics together. It's a fantastic piece of software bounce bounce bounce

I have to look into that Comic Life App.  I've been using Photoshop , which I suppose works and which I use all the time, but was not designed for the express purpose of creating comics

Comic life is great! it's download only. It's easy to find, just type comiclife into google. It's around £30 I think? but, you can get a months free trial

29Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

No problem Gary bounce

I have to look into that Comic Life App.  I've been using Photoshop , which I suppose works and which I use all the time, but was not designed for the express purpose of creating comics

Comic life is great! it's download only. It's easy to find, just type comiclife into google. It's around £30 I think? but, you can get a months free trial

Oh it's available on the Mac App store. I've checked already. I use a Mac, though it's due for replacement, being 8 years old now. I think you do pretty much everything in your comics using Photoshop, but since Photoshop wasn't designed with such specific purpose in mind, it is much more cumbersome ( I suspect) to produce comics with it. I really do like the comic book look and feel you've brought to your comics...it really adds punch to the appearance if not the script. Comics are visual and so the aesthetic is critically important.

I have sooo much to do to catch up with you! It's almost depressing Build better sets, beef up Erika's forces. Even yesterday, I though of a new super villain to try to create, inspired by the comic character Virman Vunderbar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virman_Vundabar

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

No problem Gary bounce

Oh it's available on the Mac App store.  I've checked already.  I use a Mac, though it's due for replacement, being 8 years old now.  I think you do pretty much everything in your comics using Photoshop, but since Photoshop wasn't designed with such specific purpose in mind, it is much more cumbersome ( I suspect) to produce comics with it.  I really do like the comic book look and feel you've brought to your comics...it really adds punch to the appearance if not the script.  Comics are visual and so the aesthetic is critically important.  

I have sooo much to do to catch up with you!  It's almost depressing Build better sets, beef up Erika's forces.  Even yesterday, I though of a new super villain to try to create, inspired by the comic character Virman Vunderbar.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virman_Vundabar

Yeah, you can get comiclife for mac and pc. I wish I could take credit for the more advanced photoshop effects in my comics, but they are down to the extremely clever blackbrazen. I send my pics to him and he adds the effects before they are then fitted into the comiclife software. I am really blown away by your amazing comments about my comics, thank you bounce .
As for catching me up, I have been building characters and figures for a long time, I am positive you will come up with some amazing stuff in the near future. You already have an amazing base to build on, and in many ways you are much better equipped than I was when I first started Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

No problem Gary bounce

Oh it's available on the Mac App store.  I've checked already.  I use a Mac, though it's due for replacement, being 8 years old now.  I think you do pretty much everything in your comics using Photoshop, but since Photoshop wasn't designed with such specific purpose in mind, it is much more cumbersome ( I suspect) to produce comics with it.  I really do like the comic book look and feel you've brought to your comics...it really adds punch to the appearance if not the script.  Comics are visual and so the aesthetic is critically important.  

I have sooo much to do to catch up with you!  It's almost depressing Build better sets, beef up Erika's forces.  Even yesterday, I though of a new super villain to try to create, inspired by the comic character Virman Vunderbar.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virman_Vundabar

Yeah, you can get comiclife for mac and pc. I wish I could take credit for the more advanced photoshop effects in my comics, but they are down to the extremely clever blackbrazen. I send my pics to him and he adds the effects before they are then fitted into the comiclife software. I am really blown away by your amazing comments about my comics, thank you bounce .
As for catching me up, I have been building characters and figures for a long time, I am positive you will come up with some amazing stuff in the near future. You already have an amazing base to build on, and in many ways you are much better equipped than I was when I first started Very Happy

Thanks. That also means a lot. It's for sure that the TBLeague figures available today and even the jointed figures are way superior to the Action Man / GI Joe figures of days gone by. There is a lot of thought that goes into each figure, for sure but kitbashing is to achieve a desired result, for me is one of the most appealing parts of this hobby. It's for this reason that I tend to stray away from figures or head sculpts of actors and so on.

32Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:30 am

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Comic Life can be found at plasq-dot-com. (I cannot yet include links in my posts. The travails of being a forum n00b.) It is available for Mac, PC, and various mobile devices. The learning curve is not too steep. Basics like panel layout and dialog balloons are pretty easy to get the hang of.

So, what was this topic about, again? Oh, right:

Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 November10
Formal Acceptance of the S.I.M.O.N. Agreement by South-Central Utah Command

Signatories:

Lieutenant-General D.D. MacCuster
Colonel Kim Kelly
Major Robert Hope (adjutant to Gen'l MacC)

BAMComix

BAMComix
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Comic Life can be found at plasq-dot-com. (I cannot yet include links in my posts. The travails of being a forum n00b.) It is available for Mac, PC, and various mobile devices. The learning curve is not too steep. Basics like panel layout and dialog balloons are pretty easy to get the hang of.

Signatories:

Colonel Kim Kelly

Fantastic shot Dave!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Signatories:

Colonel Kim Kelly

Nice work Dave!

davidd

davidd
Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Gaijin1
Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Gaijin2

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice, David. I did like Pacific Rim.

37Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:48 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Gaijin1
Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Gaijin2

Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 51320853143_5c0e341daf_b
Page_1 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I like this version of Ana Ishikawa much better than her Shi alter-ego.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really liked the story, and the composition backgrounds in the comics are great. I also liked the latest one, it's funny when there are misunderstandings when communicating, I mean whenever the aren't serious at least.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really liked the story, and the composition backgrounds in the comics are great. I also liked the latest one, it's funny when there are misunderstandings when communicating, I mean whenever the aren't serious at least.

Dave, Dal and I, and sometmes a few others on AMMO and elsewhere have had a lot of fun doing crossovers and joint comics or just responding to the other's posts with picture stories. I look at it as a 21st century version of what we used to do as kids when we played with or action figures with the kid next door, or down the street. The differences are that we have technology today that allows us to play with people half a world a away, and of course, being grown ups, have a lot more money to spend, in addition to having a grown-up sense of humour and a grown up understanding of the world.

We've tried very hard to get others to join in the fun, but have had limited success. I suppose one reason is that this hobby can be very personal and practitioners often create elaborate background settings and universes for their collections and are reluctant to integrate them with those of others, if not outright hostile to the idea entirely. This is a shame because there are some very talented modelers out there who we'd dearly like to play with as well.

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really liked the story, and the composition backgrounds in the comics are great. I also liked the latest one, it's funny when there are misunderstandings when communicating, I mean whenever the aren't serious at least.

Dave, Dal and I, and sometmes a few others on AMMO and elsewhere have had a lot of fun doing crossovers and joint comics or just responding to the other's posts with picture stories.  I look at it as a 21st century version of what we used to do as kids when we played with or action figures with the kid next door, or down the street. The differences are that we have technology today that allows us to play with people half a world a away, and of course, being grown ups, have a lot more money to spend, in addition to having a grown-up sense of humour and a grown up understanding of the world.  

We've tried very hard to get others to join in the fun, but have had limited success.  I suppose one reason is that this hobby can be very personal and practitioners often create elaborate background settings and universes for their collections and are reluctant to integrate them with those of others, if not outright hostile to the idea entirely.  This is a shame because there are some very talented modelers out there who we'd dearly like to play with as well.  

Agreed bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. I am somewhat surprised that Mr.Tibias and Mr. Bond's conversation haven't popped up yet, that was great fun to do! lol! lol! lol!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Dave, Dal and I, and sometmes a few others on AMMO and elsewhere have had a lot of fun doing crossovers and joint comics or just responding to the other's posts with picture stories.  I look at it as a 21st century version of what we used to do as kids when we played with or action figures with the kid next door, or down the street. The differences are that we have technology today that allows us to play with people half a world a away, and of course, being grown ups, have a lot more money to spend, in addition to having a grown-up sense of humour and a grown up understanding of the world.  

We've tried very hard to get others to join in the fun, but have had limited success.  I suppose one reason is that this hobby can be very personal and practitioners often create elaborate background settings and universes for their collections and are reluctant to integrate them with those of others, if not outright hostile to the idea entirely.  This is a shame because there are some very talented modelers out there who we'd dearly like to play with as well.  

Agreed bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. I am somewhat surprised that Mr.Tibias and Mr. Bond's conversation haven't popped up yet, that was great fun to do! lol! lol! lol!

I can fix that problem.

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

I can fix that problem.

Yay! bounce bounce bounce bounce

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Problem fixed.

45Collaborative Project:  The SIMON Treaty - Page 2 Empty Re: Collaborative Project: The SIMON Treaty Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 pm

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Problem fixed.

Or... problem exacerbated! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum