OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
2 posts in 1 weekend!  Gotta be a record from me...

Born and raised in Dog's Warf of Equinox, Abel grew up with a deep love of rock n roll.  While his brother learned to tinker with machines in the Maudslays' workshop, Abel would tag along, just to sit and listen to the radio.  As soon as he was old enough, Corbin bought him his first guitar, and it became his world.

He met Berlin Hargreve in a record shop when he was 15, and the two became fast friends.  Already a fantastic bass player, they've been writing songs together for the last four years, and it's been in the last couple years that their band has really come together.  With their new drummer Jeff (just Jeff), they play a sort of punk -influenced, heart-on-your-sleeve rock n roll.  Songs about being young and restless and in love , heartache and coming out the other side of it, wild and reckless summer nights, big anthemic songs about loss, and rising from it all.  They are Ghosts on the Radio.

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio001_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio002_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio003_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio004_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio005_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio006_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio007_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio008_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio009_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio010_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio011_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio012_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio013_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio014_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio015_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio016_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio017_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio018_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio019_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio020_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio021_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio022_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio023_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio024_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio025_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio026_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio027_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio028_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio029_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio030_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio031_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio032_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio033_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio034_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio035_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio036_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio037_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio038_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio039_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio040_orig

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons Ghostontheradio041_orig

davidd

davidd
Shocked Wild posing! Amazing sense of movement and action... and noise!
I can almost see the volume in these scenes!

And that hair! Glorious!

That microphone is too cool!

And is the amp an actual mini radio or Bluetooth speaker?

GregT

brilliant execution of a brilliant idea.... figures and photography-- exquisite!
but it's the sense of motion that comes across in every pic that I marvel at,
always a pleasure to see your newest post!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Total amazing! as David has said, the posing is superb! Love the set up of their stage too!
I wonder if their free to play the Ammo Arms! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Funnily enough, putting a band together is my next project!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My friend... you treat us not once, but twice in a row?? 😍😍😍 You're spoiling us....  (Not that I'm complaining.... PLEASE keep 'em coming!)

These figures and photos are so amazing I have been sitting here for a good hour or more trying to figure out where to even begin, just looking at them over and over....

When I can't formulate a coherent response, I have to just start listing things:

- the backdrop... I'm guessing it's your incredible garage dio doubling as a venue? It looks wonderful!

- the stage... it's simple but effective for the setting. The drum kit looks awesome, as does the microphone (so unique!), and the 'amp'!

- the band... all three of them are gorgeous! I don't know which one I like best, as I couldn't stop staring at all of them. Your eviable character design abilities are really on display here. I love how the lead guy has the pins and patches on his jacket... that sells the whole thing for me! The hairstyles on all three of them are just perfect, something slightly different than the characters you've done so far, but still in keeping with that 'verse. Also their name makes me think of 'Phantom Radio', as well as of course, the Radio Kings... :')

- the poses... this is what I can't stop looking at!!! You sir have some of the best posing of tbleague figures I have ever seen. Having been around a lot of bands, been to many a gig, taken lots of photos of bands on stage...these look like real poses, and exemplify the way real musicians would interact on stage. Everything from the way Abel gestures and moves like a frontman and the way he holds the mic, to the way Berlin plays her base and the poses she makes while doing so, to the way Jeff plays those drums and his hair goes wild... it's all just too perfect!!!

I want to watch them play! I want to catch those drumsticks after Jeff throws them into the crowd! lol.

You made me want to be a fan of this band! 👏 👏 👏

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:My friend... you treat us not once, but twice in a row?? 😍😍😍 You're spoiling us....  (Not that I'm complaining.... PLEASE keep 'em coming!)

These figures and photos are so amazing I have been sitting here for a good hour or more trying to figure out where to even begin, just looking at them over and over....

When I can't formulate a coherent response, I have to just start listing things:

- the backdrop... I'm guessing it's your incredible garage dio doubling as a venue? It looks wonderful!

- the stage... it's simple but effective for the setting. The drum kit looks awesome, as does the microphone (so unique!), and the 'amp'!

- the band... all three of them are gorgeous! I don't know which one I like best, as I couldn't stop staring at all of them. Your eviable character design abilities are really on display here. I love how the lead guy has the pins and patches on his jacket... that sells the whole thing for me! The hairstyles on all three of them are just perfect, something slightly different than the characters you've done so far, but still in keeping with that 'verse. Also their name makes me think of 'Phantom Radio', as well as of course, the Radio Kings... :')

- the poses... this is what I can't stop looking at!!! You sir have some of the best posing of tbleague figures I have ever seen. Having been around a lot of bands, been to many a gig, taken lots of photos of bands on stage...these look like real poses, and exemplify the way real musicians would interact on stage. Everything from the way Abel gestures and moves like a frontman and the way he holds the mic, to the way Berlin plays her base and the poses she makes while doing so, to the way Jeff plays those drums and his hair goes wild... it's all just too perfect!!!

I want to watch them play! I want to catch those drumsticks after Jeff throws them into the crowd! lol.

bounce bounce bounce bounce Good to know it's not just me that wants to be a fan! bounce bounce

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks like a fun time, I like the 3 of them. The little details are also great, my favorite parts are the drum set and the speakers.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome stuff, Rev. Really like the Punk Rock vibe. They all look great together. I’m having a hard time placing the head sculpt — which one is that?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ghosts on the Radio - From the World of House of Seasons C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Legend has it I am still scrolling there.

Also, really legendary stuff going on there, I might just copy all the other posts. I don't know who started the 'listing' stuff, skywalker or me, but is good method processing most of your posting apocalypses (yeah I know it's HoS.)

- Jeff is just Jeff and he is always kinda there, creates a cool drummer character cliche in my head

- I guess Abel's head is McFLY(!) ? Totally passes as Ryan Gosling's younger brother

You used orange and turquoise/blueish lightspots/sources
I guess. Very great having two characters on the sides having exactly these hair colors and switching their places for contrast/transition

- Berlin's head banging hair movement

- how did you make the pins? Beautifuly detailed

- always wanted to get some oversized shuffly sneaky shoes in 1/6, but they so pricey!

- Cool detail having Delia being part of the Album Art/Cover on the Jacket

- anyone you know who makes 'their' music Gorillaz/fictional band style? 

-so do these guitars work?

-they call me eagle eyes

-rumor has it I am still scrolling back and forth.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning work on all the characters and the whole setting. The gritty detail is as superb as you always manage to make it. There is really nothing that hasn't been said already, but I second it all. It looks like you have been very busy indeed, but it makes sense to make Corbin's brother and his mates.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Just amazing work!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Came back yet again to admire this...and now I'm also curious... is the headsculpt on Abel the Asmus Dante?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
davidd wrote:Shocked  Wild posing! Amazing sense of movement and action... and noise!
I can almost see the volume in these scenes!

And that hair! Glorious!

That microphone is too cool!

And is the amp an actual mini radio or Bluetooth speaker?

Thank you Davidd!! Yeah, I really wanted to capture that feel (probably because I'm missing live shows so much).  That amp was a lucky find too.  I think it's been broken since it came out of the box, but I found it this super grimey discount store and paid next to nothing.  Probably pre-Bluetooth old!

GregT wrote:brilliant execution of a brilliant idea.... figures and photography-- exquisite!
but it's the sense of motion that comes across in every pic that I marvel at,
always a pleasure to see your newest post!

Thank you so much Greg!!!  Seriously man, that means the world to hear.  

BAMComix wrote:Total amazing! as David has said, the posing is superb! Love the set up of their stage too!
I wonder if their free to play the Ammo Arms! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Funnily enough, putting a band together is my next project!

Thank you!!!  And glad to see you got right to it!  "Ghosts on the Radio opening for Faithless Angels" does have a nice ring to it...

skywalkersaga wrote:My friend... you treat us not once, but twice in a row?? 😍😍😍 You're spoiling us....  (Not that I'm complaining.... PLEASE keep 'em coming!)

Thank you SO much!!!!  I'm so thrilled you're enjoying.  Yeah, I have been on a building binge for a bit, and now I'm back in photo mode, so hoping to have a lot more coming.  

skywalkersaga wrote:- the backdrop... I'm guessing it's your incredible garage dio doubling as a venue? It looks wonderful!

It is!  Brick is a versatile backdrop, so I plan to milk it for all it's worth.  Hoping you all don't get sick of seeing it.  Razz

skywalkersaga wrote:- the stage... it's simple but effective for the setting. The drum kit looks awesome, as does the microphone (so unique!), and the 'amp'!

Great finds, right?  I really wanted an unconventional mic, something that had this kinda retro look.  So glad it works!

skywalkersaga wrote:- the band... all three of them are gorgeous! I don't know which one I like best, as I couldn't stop staring at all of them. Your eviable character design abilities are really on display here. I love how the lead guy has the pins and patches on his jacket... that sells the whole thing for me! The hairstyles on all three of them are just perfect, something slightly different than the characters you've done so far, but still in keeping with that 'verse. Also their name makes me think of 'Phantom Radio', as well as of course, the Radio Kings... :')

The pins and patches were so much fun to design too!  And I love that's what the name brings to mind.  Radio has such a romantic connotation for me, since let's face it, none of actually listen to the "radio" any more, but there's just this association with all the era's of live DJ's spinning rock n roll, and it was this weird shared experience...  Hard to put entirely into words, but it always makes me think of this mythic era of music.  

skywalkersaga wrote:- the poses... this is what I can't stop looking at!!! You sir have some of the best posing of tbleague figures I have ever seen. Having been around a lot of bands, been to many a gig, taken lots of photos of bands on stage...these look like real poses, and exemplify the way real musicians would interact on stage. Everything from the way Abel gestures and moves like a frontman and the way he holds the mic, to the way Berlin plays her base and the poses she makes while doing so, to the way Jeff plays those drums and his hair goes wild... it's all just too perfect!!!

I think we are BOTH really missing live music right now, so I am ecstatic if I could, even a little, capture a bit of that feeling and energy.  As you well know, it's a huge part of my personal world as well, so it's so incredible to me that I managed to get that across, and channel some of that rock n roll swagger.  I definitely had the stereo turned up while I shot this.  

BAMComix wrote:

bounce bounce bounce bounce  Good to know it's not just me that wants to be a fan! bounce bounce

2 fans already and they are off to a hell of a good start!  T-shirts and demo tapes will be on sale at the merch table in the back.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks like a fun time, I like the 3 of them. The little details are also great, my favorite parts are the drum set and the speakers.

Thank you Boo-Bomb!

Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome stuff, Rev. Really like the Punk Rock vibe. They all look great together. I’m having a hard time placing the head sculpt — which one is that?

Thank you Stryker!!  EXACTLY the feel I was going for.  As for the head, Skywalkersaga actually nailed it on her guess below. It's the Asmus Dante.

Ovy wrote:Legend has it I am still scrolling there.

Also, really legendary stuff going on there, I might just copy all the other posts. I don't know who started the 'listing' stuff, skywalker or me, but is good method processing most of your posting apocalypses (yeah I know it's HoS.)

Thanks so much Ovy!!!!  List away!

Ovy wrote:- Jeff is just Jeff and he is always kinda there, creates a cool drummer character cliche in my head

Yeah, something clicked in my head as I was writing this and I was like "That's just Jeff." Like, I'm not sure if he's mysterious or boring, or both.  

Ovy wrote:- I guess Abel's head is McFLY(!) ? Totally passes as Ryan Gosling's younger brother

No!!  Laughing ok, I guess he kinda does look like Micheal J Fox...  Ok, fine, I see it.  As long as the brothers thing work, I'm good

Ovy wrote:You used orange and turquoise/blueish lightspots/sources
I guess. Very great having two characters on the sides having exactly these hair colors and switching their places for contrast/transition

All the color was actually done in post (Mextures!).  And I wish I could take credit for the contrasting colors by intent, but I am glad as hell that worked out.

Ovy wrote:- Berlin's head banging hair movement

I was so happy with how that came out!

Ovy wrote:- how did you make the pins? Beautifuly detailed

Thank you! All individually designed in photoshop, printed, and wrapped and glued over metal brads.  Makes them easy to attach too. Some of the images may end up being reoccurring in HoS.

Ovy wrote:- always wanted to get some oversized shuffly sneaky shoes in 1/6, but they so pricey!

Right?  I really try to stick to all real fabric, and these are actually hollow plastic, but they look great so I went with it.  Also, I seem to have developed a thing for girls in sneakers.  Don't judge me.  

Ovy wrote:- Cool detail having Delia being part of the Album Art/Cover on the Jacket

Eagle eyes indeed!  I'm so glad you picked that up!!!

Ovy wrote:- anyone you know who makes 'their' music Gorillaz/fictional band style? 

Man, I wish I did.  If anything, they have this kinda Gaslight Anthem sound in my head. Like, punk with this sorta retro/Americana edge.  

Ovy wrote:-so do these guitars work?

Sure, but they sound terrible.  But don't most punk bands anyway Razz

Ovy wrote:-they call me eagle eyes

They freakin should!

Ovy wrote:-rumor has it I am still scrolling back and forth.

I'm amazed you made it this far.

GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning work on all the characters and the whole setting. The gritty detail is as superb as you always manage to make it. There is really nothing that hasn't been said already, but I second it all. It looks like you have been very busy indeed, but it makes sense to make Corbin's brother and his mates.

Thanks so much Gubernator!  Needed to get both Lenkov brothers out there, since they're a big part of the Dog's Warf crew, and will be showing up in some upcoming scenes.  

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Just amazing work!

Thank you Photogsblog!!

skywalkersaga wrote:Came back yet again to admire this...and now I'm also curious... is the headsculpt on Abel the Asmus Dante?

You are freakin GOOD at this.  That's exactly who it is.  I was struggling to find the right head, and it just looked like it'd be perfect.  Super cool too, comes with 2 interchangeable magnetic faces (Only used one here, before you make yourself crazy trying to spot the differences).  It did admittedly require a bit of repainting to look ok with the phicen body.

blackpool

blackpool
Wow that is brilliant!!!! Love the posing, as a guitar player myself, I find them perfectly convincing, crazy serie here my friend! And the outfits are lovely as well, not to mention the instruments and set up, high level of awesomeness here!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Args... i missed so many fantastic work here. This one is another masterpiece ! The smirking Rockstar is superb. The Poses so Amazing ! Love it, thanks for showing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum