OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jake's new body

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jake's new body Empty Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:43 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Who said you can't upgrade a vintage action man? Jake now has a TBL M31 body, All it took to do was two 1/2" rubber washers pushed over the tbl neck post. I might upgrade him to an M33 or 32, as Jake originally had a custom body with wider shoulders before.
Okay, so the skin colour doesn't match but not noticeable in his roll neck jumper.  I also used Gangsters kingdom hands as they are closer in colour to his original body.

Jake's new body 50881323536_27b54bfdc0_cJake Relaxing. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Jake's new body 50880611828_01b099248f_cJake. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

2Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:04 am

Diana

Diana
He looks great! Very convincing and life like posing as usual. Smile

But why does he stare me down like that?!? Laughing

3Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:He looks great! Very convincing and life like posing as usual. Smile

Thanks so much Diana bounce . I am very happy wit how it turned out. As for his stare, I can only imagine it is because of the angle I took the pictures from?

4Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 am

Illusion

Illusion
Diana wrote:He looks great! Very convincing and life like posing as usual. Smile
I second that Very Happy
also a fabulous environment Cool - I esp. adore these little statues I love you

5Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:42 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Illusion wrote:
I second that Very Happy
also a fabulous environment Cool - I esp. adore these little statues I love you

Thank you so much! The small statues are lord of the rings chess pieces Very Happy

6Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a good upgrade, and I completely agree with the others about the posing. He looks awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jake's new body C8485110

7Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:02 am

Illusion

Illusion
BAMComix wrote:...
Thank you so much! The small statues are lord of the rings chess pieces Very Happy

clever - I have to keep that in mind Very Happy

8Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:21 am

davidd

davidd

Razz He's trying to be intense yet engaging with those baby blue eyes, like Paul Newman or Frank Sinatra!

9Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:57 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love his new upgrade! Well done! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking good, which he always was, but now even better. Smile Hope you upgrade some of his mates too and put this to good use with new scenes.

11Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, going with the times but still being classy. I think the GK hands are a very good choice, as he is still looking stylized thanks to the head.

Somehow he reminds me of a 90s or early 2000s Teleshopping person (is that a thing?) or detective series guy.

12Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a good upgrade, and I completely agree with the others about the posing. He looks awesome.

Thank you Stryker! I had thought about doing it for quite a while Very Happy . Really pleased you like him!

Illusion wrote:
BAMComix wrote:...

clever - I have to keep that in mind Very Happy

Very Happy I hope you can track some down.

davidd wrote:

Razz  He's trying to be intense yet engaging with those baby blue eyes, like Paul Newman or Frank Sinatra!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skywalkersaga wrote:I love his new upgrade! Well done! Smile

Thank you so much! bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking good, which he always was, but now even better. Smile Hope you upgrade some of his mates too and put this to good use with new scenes.

Very Happy Thank you! It is definitely worth considering, that's for sure. I will get some new pics of Jake done soon Very Happy .

Ovy wrote:Nice, going with the times but still being classy. I think the GK hands are a very good choice, as he is still looking stylized thanks to the head.

Somehow he reminds me of a 90s or early 2000s Teleshopping person (is that a thing?) or detective series guy.

Laughing Laughing Thanks! The M31 is pretty close to the original Action Man/Joe body, though a little taller! So I was very happy with the overall result. Personally, I think his shoulders need to be wider, but we shall see.
Laughing Laughing @ Teleshopper. Jake is actually the commander of a top secret black ops unit, which I guess falls into the category of 90s Movie hero?

13Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a very good upgrade, at least to me the difference between the head and the hands is not that noticeable.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Jake's new body 1f60e

14Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:57 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a very good upgrade, at least to me the difference between the head and the hands is not that noticeable.

Very Happy Very Happy Thanks so much! I agree, the gangsters kingdom hand colour does blend in well.

15Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:32 am

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome upgrade, the posing is absolutely awesome and so lifelike! And I always enjoying watching at this office, there is always a new detail I had missed before... Awesome work mr BAM!

16Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
blackpool wrote:Awesome upgrade, the posing is absolutely awesome and so lifelike! And I always enjoying watching at this office, there is always a new detail I had missed before... Awesome work mr BAM!

many thanks blackpool! That is an extremely high compliment from yourself as your figures and pictures are always spectacular!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I am always adding small bits and pieces to the study bounce bounce bounce

17Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 am

blackpool

blackpool
BAMComix wrote:

many thanks blackpool! That is an extremely high compliment from yourself as your figures and pictures are always spectacular!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I am always adding small bits and pieces to the study bounce bounce bounce

you're welcome! I didn't have a lot of time to work on photography lately, still collecting tho, and slowly building a couple dioramas, but time is missing...

18Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
blackpool wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

you're welcome! I didn't have a lot of time to work on photography lately, still collecting tho, and slowly building a couple dioramas, but time is missing...

I shall look foward too seeing what you come up with and your new additions when you get a bit of free time! bounce bounce

19Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:16 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
New body looks great!!! I agree with the general sentiment here that it just elevates the realism of his poses. You really capture his casual and effortless coolness in these shots. So awesome!

20Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:43 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:New body looks great!!!  I agree with the general sentiment here that it just elevates the realism of his poses.  You really capture his casual and effortless coolness in these shots.  So awesome!

many thanks Adam! I thought about the upgrade for quite a while before finally committing. I have since ordered him an M33, as I still feel he looks a bit skinny? lol! . Hopefully that will arrive sometime next week.
When it arrives, I will do a few more pics. In the meantime, here are a few shots I id for fun over the last few days.

Jake's new body 50908057931_fb40920694_cLet's Blow this Joint! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Jake's new body 50914834331_728ce9c1d6_cA job well done by Dal Lee, on Flickr

21Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:24 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:New body looks great!!!  I agree with the general sentiment here that it just elevates the realism of his poses.  You really capture his casual and effortless coolness in these shots.  So awesome!

many thanks Adam! I thought about the upgrade for quite a while before finally committing. I have since ordered him an M33, as I still feel he looks a bit skinny? lol! . Hopefully that will arrive sometime next week.
When it arrives, I will do a few more pics. In the meantime, here are a few shots I id for fun over the last few days.

Jake's new body 50908057931_fb40920694_cLet's Blow this Joint! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Too skinny, huh?  Yeah, I do feel the same about the M31, especially in the arms, although I actually think it looks great here.  The M32 is my favorite still (which St Crow uses, among a few others of mine) because it looks like lean muscle.  It's funny, they marketed it as the "Bruce Lee" body but it's actually the tallest before they did those super-tall basketball player ones.  I used the M33 for my Wolverine, and I think it's a great middle ground of build without the bulk of the M34 and M35.  Psyched to see how the M33 works out for Jake though!

And new shots look great!

22Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:15 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Too skinny, huh?  Yeah, I do feel the same about the M31, especially in the arms, although I actually think it looks great here.  The M32 is my favorite still (which St Crow uses, among a few others of mine) because it looks like lean muscle.  It's funny, they marketed it as the "Bruce Lee" body but it's actually the tallest before they did those super-tall basketball player ones.  I used the M33 for my Wolverine, and I think it's a great middle ground of build without the bulk of the M34 and M35.  Psyched to see how the M33 works out for Jake though!

Yeah, I agree, definitely skinny in the arms, I thought about the M32 for a while, but opted for the 33 as it's looked a little shorter? I am excited too, to see Jake with a bit more muscle bounce .
Again, thank you! really pleased you liked the shots! bounce bounce

23Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Yeah, I agree, definitely skinny in the arms, I thought about the M32 for a while, but opted for the 33 as it's looked a little shorter? I am excited too, to see Jake with a bit more muscle bounce .
Again, thank you! really pleased you liked the shots! bounce bounce

Then you made the right choices, and you're totally right about it being a bit shorter than the M32. I think it's going to be PERFECT.

24Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I like how he's come together.

25Jake's new body Empty Re: Jake's new body Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I like how he's come together.

Thanks Gary! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum