OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BAMComix

awesome!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yep, glad she survived the attack of the sand... and that plump fly. Smile Nice photos.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Gizems nice Kittens

I hope Allison hasn't been stung by the fly.
Sweet how she struggles over the hills with her blanket.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice beach shots. Like the one where she’s struggling with the blanket and wind.

Illusion

Illusion
some excellent realistic posing again... nice storytelling...

I really like that girl. When I had been looking for in hand pics of this figure when she was new, I had not been convinced... now I do wonder why...

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Poor Allison! The wind and her beach blanket were not a good mix!

This is such a pretty figure! I'm feeling tempted to add another one to my collection!
Thank you!
I think you already have her, she's an S34. You posted a pic of yours in the thread about the S26A en S27B.
BAMComix wrote:awesome!
Thank you!

GubernatorFan wrote:Yep, glad she survived the attack of the sand... and that plump fly. Smile Nice photos.
Thank you! Now she's got to survive the way home.

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:I hope Allison hasn't been stung by the fly.
Sweet how she struggles over the hills with her blanket.
Thanks! I don't think she was stung. Which is good, because a fly that size would draw a lot of blood.
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice beach shots. Like the one where she’s struggling with the blanket and wind.
Thank you!
Illusion wrote:some excellent realistic posing again... nice storytelling...

I really like that girl. When I had been looking for in hand pics of this figure when she was new, I had not been convinced... now I do wonder why...
Thank you! She is a cutie I love you
She has trouble standing on her own though.

On her way home she noticed that she came across roads that were wet. It must have rained here. She hoped it wouldn't start raining again. She came across a narrow bridge which she hadn't crossed on the way to the beach. She navigated carefully across it.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2030

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2032

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2031

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2033

When she had crossed the bridge, she decided to take a look at her map. This time she was prepared, and she had prefolded it, so she could take a quick peek on it while driving.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2110

But this turned out to be a big mistake, because a gust of wind ripped it out of her hands.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2111

She slammed the brakes, and was lucky to see the map lying on the road a bit behind her.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2113

So she backed her car up up to retrieve it. Unfortunately it was soaked and unreadable.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2112

Since it had started to rain, she decided to put the top up. She fiddled with the buttons in the console, but it didn´t seem to work.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2114

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2117

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2115

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2116

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2119

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2120

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2118

Her clothes, that were lying on the passengers seat, were soaked, so putting them on wouldn´t really help. In the end she got going again, hoping to be home soon. Unfortunelately it got dark, and the roads were unfamiliar.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2211

They got worse and worse, and she got stuck in some kind of forest.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2210

She got desperate. She was cold and hungry without a clue were she was, and she started crying.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2212

davidd

davidd
Uh oh! It's going to get cold out there at night with no top. On the car, I mean. Not much more of a top on Alli!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
What a dark turn this took! Something about this shot felt like things were about to go in a sinister direction:

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2211

I was gonna say how good it was that she just stayed in her bathing suit when it started raining, but by then end, I just started feeling feeling bad for her! This day really hasn't worked out for her at all.

The rain photos are particularly atmospheric, and I really love the natural lighting, and how the sunlight colors the photos on her 1st stop. It really does feel like she found this perfect little spot in the woods, all to her self.

BAMComix

BAMComix
More great pics! and I have to agree with Rev, things looked to have taken a darker turn here!

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:

This is such a pretty figure! I'm feeling tempted to add another one to my collection!
Thank you!
I think you already have her, she's an S34. You posted a pic of yours in the thread about the S26A en S27B.

Indeed, I have one, but your photos are making me want another one! Razz You can never have too much of a good thing, right?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is commitment to your art! Visually, it paid off beautifully. Hope your figure and its accessories were not damaged.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Uh oh! It's going to get cold out there at night with no top. On the car, I mean. Not much more of a top on Alli!
Laughing Yes, it looks like a cold night ahead, unless...

ReverendSpooky wrote:What a dark turn this took!  Something about this shot felt like things were about to go in a sinister direction:

I was gonna say how good it was that she just stayed in her bathing suit when it started raining, but by then end, I just started feeling feeling bad for her!  This day really hasn't worked out for her at all.

The rain photos are particularly atmospheric, and I really love the natural lighting, and how the sunlight colors the photos on her 1st stop.  It really does feel like she found this perfect little spot in the woods, all to her self.  

Thank you! Indeed the day didn't really turned out to be what she was going for. The spot in the woods was indeed all to herself.

The sinister looking picture was taken in twilight. So were the other two dark ones in that post. Of the shoot in this post, some were taken in twilight, but several during the day with severe underexposing. It turned out that the right amount of twilight for the shoot was very short and most of them turned out too dark.

BAMComix wrote:More great pics! and I have to agree with Rev, things looked to have taken a darker turn here!

Thank you!

davidd wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:

Thank you!

Indeed, I have one, but your photos are making me want another one! Razz  You can never have too much of a good thing, right?

Ah, I misunderstood.

GubernatorFan wrote:That is commitment to your art! Visually, it paid off beautifully. Hope your figure and its accessories were not damaged.
Thank you! No, she nor anything else were damaged. I only had to remake the licenseplate of her car.

Lexi was sitting in the windowsill, when she thought she heard something moving in out backyard. It sounded like a carengine. It made some weird noises too, and then it stopped.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2214

A bit later she thought she heard someone crying. It was so dark she couldn't see anything, so she decided to get her car and take a closer look. Indeed it looked like there was a car there.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2310

When Lexi got closer, apparantly Allison heard her coming and she turned her head.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2311

Lexi asked if she was OK. Alison replied through her tears and with clattering teeth: "Noooohoooooooooooooooooo *sob* *clatter* I got lost *clatter* I'm so *sniff* cold  *clatter* My car is *sniff* stuck *clatter* here.  It started *clatter* *sniff* raining *sniff* and the *clatter* rooftop didn't close *sniff* I lost my map *sniffsniff* *clatter* all my clothes *clatterclatter* are wet *sniff* and I'm hungry. *clatter* *sniff* Can you *clatter* please *sniff* help me? *sob* *clatter*"
"Aw, poor girl," Lexi said, "Sure. I've got a jacket here, put this on. And then I'll take you home with me, so you can warm up."

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2312

Allison was so cold that she coudn't get it on, so Lexi helped her into it.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2313

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2314

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2315

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2316

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2317

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2318

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2410

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2411

Then she put Allison's wet clothes in the back of her car and they went.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2413

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2412

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2415

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2414

It didn't take long before Allison saw the lights of our house.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2213

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Those are all some great shots. Love the map being blown away by the wind the best. So many cool and atmospheric shots. Thankfully Allison was rescued.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 C8485110

davidd

davidd
Lexi to the rescue!

Nice sequence of putting on a jacket!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Great outdoor photos, and such a natural transitional flow to the poses. It's challenging to find the right kind of environment outside, especially this time of year, that both matches the 1/6 scale and feels comfortable enough to photograph without getting awkward stares from strangers. But you totally nailed it!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If the license plate got damaged because you printed it on paper, you could cover the new print with shiny transparent Scotch (or similar) tape. This should keep it reasonably safe and give it a shine that would look a bit like the real thing. That's what I did to my Terminator Harley Davidson.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Good thing Lexi was so thoughtful and saved Allison. Now she can warm up.

Valiarde

Valiarde
This is a great one TRavelGuide. Storytelling, some nice perspectives with your camera, some dramatic lighting..yeah, this is a good outdoor series Smile

Thanks for showing!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Those are all some great shots. Love the map being blown away by the wind the best. So many cool and atmospheric shots. Thankfully Allison was rescued.
Thank you!

davidd wrote:Lexi to the rescue!

Nice sequence of putting on a jacket!
Thank you! Indeed it turned out great.
If you like that sequence, you will also like the sequence in this post.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Great outdoor photos, and such a natural transitional flow to the poses. It's challenging to find the right kind of environment outside, especially this time of year, that both matches the 1/6 scale and feels comfortable enough to photograph without getting awkward stares from strangers. But you totally nailed it!
Thank you! The photo's were made last august. I think on 5 or 6 different places in 6 or 7 shoots, over 4 or 5 days. They were mostly in secluded areas. Except the ones on the beach, but they were on the far end of the beach, where no-one was. A few people passed by, but there was some distance between them and me, and I doubt they even saw Allison.

GubernatorFan wrote:If the license plate got damaged because you printed it on paper, you could cover the new print with shiny transparent Scotch (or similar) tape. This should keep it reasonably safe and give it a shine that would look a bit like the real thing. That's what I did to my Terminator Harley Davidson.
That was what happened, and what I did to fix it Smile

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Good thing Lexi was so thoughtful and saved Allison. Now she can warm up.
Thanks, indeed she will warm up.

Valiarde wrote:This is a great one TRavelGuide. Storytelling, some nice perspectives with your camera, some dramatic lighting..yeah, this is a good outdoor series Smile

Thanks for showing!
Thank you. This was the first story I made, and it was a lot of fun to come up with it and make the pictures. But more stories will follow!

The next (and last episode of this story)
After she got home, Lexi thought that Allison needed a warm bath, so she headed to the bathroom. Usually the little ones have no problems with climbing, but Allison was so cold that her coördination wasn't as good as usual, so Lexi helped her get up. Allison hugged Lexi to thank her for inviting her in. Then Lexi gave Allison an apple, so she had something to eat while Lexi got the water running.

Since Allison was still cold, Lexi helped her out of the jacket. Then Allison took her bath, and after that she found a place to sleep on the windowsill.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2417

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2416

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2418

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2421

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2420

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2419

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2424

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2423

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2422

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2512

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2511

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_2513

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The poor thing, I thought she had had enough water. Wink I also hope you remembered to re-apply protective powder. Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very nice series of photos!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful pictures. Now Allison can regenerate well.

Diana

Diana
Love the shots of Lexi helping her take off the jacket. Quite intimate. Smile
And how adorable sleeping by the window with the blanket! <3

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This was quite a rollercoaster! So glad she was rescued, and I agree that the final shot of her sleeping under the blanket is so adorable! :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:The poor thing, I thought she had had enough water. Wink I also hope you remembered to re-apply protective powder. Smile

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very nice series of photos!

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Beautiful pictures. Now Allison can regenerate well.

Diana wrote:Love the shots of Lexi helping her take off the jacket. Quite intimate. Smile
And how adorable sleeping by the window with the blanket! <3

skywalkersaga wrote:This was quite a rollercoaster! So glad she was rescued, and I agree that the final shot of her sleeping under the blanket is so adorable! :')

Thank you all!
Babypowder was applied after bathing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice to see her get a warm bath and a comfy place to sleep.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice to see her get a warm bath and a comfy place to sleep.
Thank you.

The follow-up story has started Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I forgot to post these pictures.

The next morning I found her on my windowsill. Apparantly she had stacked some lingerie somewhere.

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1825

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1828

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1830

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1831

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1832

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1826

Allison goes to the beach - pic heavy - update 18 mar: less suited for work - Page 2 Img_1827

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Gizem says, is a nice dollie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum