OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I got a few of the pieces from the Art Figure Dark Furyan set. And when I say a few, I mean a lot. Of course I used a TBLeague seamless body instead, an M34, and I think it worked out pretty well. The first six images are where I tried to be more artistic (though I think I ended up with a videogame feel). Check out the translucent lenses in the third photo. And note that although the promotional images did not show that, the eyes are reflective silverish to imitate the glowing effect in the film; perhaps they should have made them a little more bluish, but they work well. Since I didn't get this as a complete set, it is not a review. The remaining photos are reference shots, some of them the same as the ones in the "artistic images", some different, that are intended to show the whole body from different angles for more information.

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0110

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0210

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Ric0310

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0410

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0510

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0610

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0710

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0810

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid0910

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1010

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1110

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1210

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1310

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1410

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Rid1510

What do you think?

#riddick #artfigure #darkfurian #scifi #male #tbleague #phicen #m34 #kitbash #custom

Chip

He looks good , those eyes are quite haunting . I like the Video game look to be honest , but the last photo would be my pick .

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I've always liked the Riddick movies and the design of the characters/worlds. He looks like a total beast on that M34 body. I especially like the pose where he's sitting down scraping dirt out of his fingernails with the knife, and the way you photographed the fourth image of the light reflecting off the side of his body to match the light coming through the hole in the background.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The pictures with the backdrop are very good, the backdrop really fits the character.
Although in the first one he seems te be floating a bit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:He looks good , those eyes are quite haunting . I like the Video game look to be honest , but the last photo would be my pick .

I'm glad you like him. Yep, it turned out well, although it was just meant to show that the M34 body can sit in those pants.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:I've always liked the Riddick movies and the design of the characters/worlds. He looks like a total beast on that M34 body. I especially like the pose where he's sitting down scraping dirt out of his fingernails with the knife, and the way you photographed the fourth image of the light reflecting off the side of his body to match the light coming through the hole in the background.

Me too. Actually probably my favorite is the one that is generally least liked, The Chronicles of Riddick. I wondered if the M34 body is not too bulky for him, but I think it's not complete overkill; I wonder if M33 would have made do. Thank you. That fourth shot was just meant to show the transparency of the lenses, but when I settled on the background, it just worked.

TravelGuide wrote:The pictures with the backdrop are very good, the backdrop really fits the character.
Although in the first one he seems te be floating a bit.

Thank you, glad you liked them. Yes, in the first photo I was still trying to get the whole figure in (at that point I hadn't decided on including the plain reference shots), and the angle was a challenge (but I didn't like the results of adjusting the vertical perspective) -- so I was first going for a perched up on a rock look, then decided he had jumped off the rock and was about to land on the cave floor below -- like in a video game. Smile So I guess you're right -- he is sort of floating through the air.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another great figure! You have a great varied selection, keep them coming! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He seems to have turned out well, and your body swap no doubt helps. I agree that the final sitting pose is just brilliant!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Very sweet. I'm a fan of the Riddick movies. The first one in particular.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:Very sweet. I'm a fan of the Riddick movies. The first one in particular.

YES -- that's my favourite one, too. :'D

Diana

Diana
What a fantastic figure! And beautiful photo manips! And yes, that sitting pose. Very real. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
I loike the lighting technique on the shots with the white background. Very well lit and the shadow is pretty fitting and cool Smile The photographer in me wants to know: What kind of light source did you use here?

A great figure, a style of outfit i really dig

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Another great figure! You have a great varied selection, keep them coming! Very Happy

Thank you very much. Will do as they come together.

skywalkersaga wrote:He seems to have turned out well, and your body swap no doubt helps. I agree that the final sitting pose is just brilliant!

Thank you, glad you liked him, and that pose. I really didn't think it would resonate that much. Smile

shazzdan wrote:Very sweet. I'm a fan of the Riddick movies. The first one in particular.

Thank you very much.

Diana wrote:What a fantastic figure! And beautiful photo manips! And yes, that sitting pose. Very real. Smile

Another fan of sitting! Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them.

Valiarde wrote:I loike the lighting technique on the shots with the white background. Very well lit and the shadow is pretty fitting and cool Smile The photographer in me wants to know: What kind of light source did you use here? A great figure, a style of outfit i really dig

Thank you very much. Ultimately all I did was put this on an M34 -- although it did take a little bit of researching on some points, and photograph a few poses. The lighting technique is actually the same for everything you see -- both the reference shots with the white background and the (sometimes identical) shots integrated with the cave background. I used a Vic Tsing Dimmable Table Lamp (LED Desk Lamp 4W gooseneck touch-sensitive with 3 brightness levels) from Walmart ($19 USD).

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really good, I know Riddick but I've never watched the movie in its entirety, only in snippets.

I find it neat they went for a reflective silvery paint for the eyes instead of going for just a white/silver paint.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
That is a really cool figure. I also like Riddick. Just an up my alley character.
Cool eye design.

Love your seamless incarnation and your set-up with the cave background and posing. The light indeed is quite convincing.

My favourite is the last shot too, always great to see figures posing in less frequent positions.

(I had not come across this figure either btw, so it is great to see him and know he is available in 1/6).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool, and nice upgrade. I like the “in environment” pics, and the fact you then showed the figures prior to adding the background. So cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Nice job! Was it hard to change the clothes? They did a really great job with the headsculpt on this release.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really good, I know Riddick but I've never watched the movie in its entirety, only in snippets. I find it neat they went for a reflective silvery paint for the eyes instead of going for just a white/silver paint.

Thank you! By the way, there were three Riddick movies, not counting an animated one. I like the eyes too, although as mentioned they could have been just a tad more bluish.

Illusion wrote:That is a really cool figure. I also like Riddick. Just an up my alley character. Cool eye design. Love your seamless incarnation and your set-up with the cave background and posing. The light indeed is quite convincing. My favourite is the last shot too, always great to see figures posing in less frequent positions. (I had not come across this figure either btw, so it is great to see him and know he is available in 1/6).

Thank you very much, glad you liked him and my photos. If you like him enough, you might want to consider getting the set. The again, the Art Figures body is a little stylized and visibly jointed. I got most of the pieces from a parted-out set to put on a seamless body, since there were elbows and neckline showing. As much I love Riddick, he was never really an absolute must have for me, but I seized the opportunity to make one when it presented itself.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool, and nice upgrade. I like the “in environment” pics, and the fact you then showed the figures prior to adding the background. So cool.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. I just figured that it should be informative, while at the same time the background wasn't going to work well with showing the entire figure (witness the floating/video-game jumping first image), hence the two series of images.

csyeung wrote:Nice job! Was it hard to change the clothes? They did a really great job with the headsculpt on this release.

Thank you very much! I agree, great job on the headsculpt. Perhaps just a little bit stylized but still reasonably realistic. Nice paint and detail, too. I didn't fully change the clothes because I never had the actual set -- they came already taken off and parted out. They were not very difficult to put on the M34 body (and if you are using a less bulky body like an M33, would be easier still). I had to do some informed guessing on the tying in of the shirt just below and behind the left shoulder (none of the promotional images or reviews gave a clear look of that), and the muscular torso does stretch the shirt just a little bit, but not enough to prevent putting it on reasonably well.

Ovy

Ovy
"Morty, Morty wake up!"
"Grandpa Riddick!"
"Morty, the Necromonger Armada, they are coming Morty! T-they are gonna *burp* purify  the planet, Morty. We got to get to the ship Morty, leave everything behind! We w-will *burp* will head to a another seemingly lifeless planet filled with dangerous aliens and make another *burp* back-to-the-roots Pitchblack-like standalone movie, detatched from that actually quite interesting Necromongers plot, Morty!"

Really, probably the best Dieselman I have seen in 1/6 yet. Beautiful poses, and I like the outfit, the leathery parts and the webbing. He also is always prepared for someone trying to attack his right shoulder, like a true Furyan I guess. Hope to see more of him in the futurem

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:"Morty, Morty wake up!"
"Grandpa Riddick!"
"Morty, the Necromonger Armada, they are coming Morty! T-they are gonna *burp* purify  the planet, Morty. We got to get to the ship Morty, leave everything behind! We w-will *burp* will head to a another seemingly lifeless planet filled with dangerous aliens and make another *burp* back-to-the-roots Pitchblack-like standalone movie, detatched from that actually quite interesting Necromongers plot, Morty!"

Really, probably the best Dieselman I have seen in 1/6 yet. Beautiful poses, and I like the outfit, the leathery parts and the webbing. He also is always prepared for someone trying to attack his right shoulder, like a true Furyan I guess. Hope to see more of him in the futurem

Wow, I'm flattered, although all I did was use a different body, pose it, take some photos, and mess around with the graphics software for the superimposed images. Thank you very much for the kind words. And I'm tempted to borrow the term "Dieselman." At the risk of betraying my ignorance or distraction, I don't quite get the Morty reference. Can you explain? Anyway, it sounds funny, and I'm wondering if I can recreate your scene with some figures...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A 'Rick and Morty' reference, perhaps...? ;')

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:A 'Rick and Morty' reference, perhaps...? ;')

Ah... I should have seen this. It pays to stay au courant with what kids watch these days, doesn't it? Smile It really did fly over my head. And Ovy made it sound so much better than what I saw when I looked it up. Smile

ZombieTestSubject

I'm saving your Star Wars stuff for later, but I had to go ahead and check this out. I love Riddick, and, while this might not be the most classic Riddick, I love this too. And, I've got to say, very nicely presented too. I can see what you mean by videogame look, but that works just fine. Thanks.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Crab ! He´s Great. Your background pics are the cherry on the cake. I really love men who can kill others with nothing more than a coffee cup Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:I'm saving your Star Wars stuff for later, but I had to go ahead and check this out. I love Riddick, and, while this might not be the most classic Riddick, I love this too. And, I've got to say, very nicely presented too. I can see what you mean by videogame look, but that works just fine. Thanks.

Thank you very much! I hope you like those too. And I'm glad you liked my recreation and presentation of Riddick.

Ephiane wrote:Holy Crab ! He´s Great. Your background pics are the cherry on the cake. I really love men who can kill others with nothing more than a coffee cup Laughing

Holy Crab? Someone's on an aquatic theme! Smile But thank you so much! I'm very happy you liked the presentation. And, taking the hint, I better get working on a Liam Neeson-based character... Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
TBLeague - Riddick gets a body transplant and goes exploring Giphy11

My fault... a tea cup Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum