OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonders never cease, unboxing video of the Molecule8 John Lennon. (HE'S REAL!!)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yes folks, the moment we all thought would never come actually has. Somebody has a Molecule8 John Lennon in hand and they've made an unboxing video!

I know, and, what's more, he does actually look good, better than all the pics we saw. They may not have gone about things in the right way, but, it looks as though they got there in the end. They are a new company and it's clear they have a lot to learn. Obviously this could change as more people take delivery and more emerges, we will just have to see what happens......

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Poorly shot video, but it doesn't look bad, as you say. Not a complete disaster, anyway. Head seems a little small, but that could just be the ham-fisted way he shot the video (get a tripod, dude). I'm always amazed at the way some of the folks handle these EXPENSIVE items in these unboxing videos (Cripes! I handle all of these things with kid gloves. They're just too damn costly to just fumble around with them like that, especially when things tend to break so easily).

I'm curious to know if it has that oh-so-fancy skeleton they promised.

I'm glad I didn't have a stake in this one (never been a Lennon fan -- probably my least favorite Beatle for that matter), or that wait would have been killer. And talk about negativity in a thread... (however justified) sheesh. I kept wanting to post over there "Give it a rest!" But I see the "Haters Gonna' Hate" crowd is still at it.

Hopefully M8 has learned something from this whole process, and if they continue to make figures, that they don't make promises they can't keep.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wonders never cease, unboxing video of the Molecule8 John Lennon. (HE'S REAL!!) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, no kidding. This really does look very good. And it comes with two head sculpts, too. Not enough of a John Lennon fan myself to go for it, but I know a nice figure set when I see it. Good for them.

Delanie

Delanie
Hmm not sure about the second head but he wasn't my favourite Beatle either but then i wasn't fond of the Beatles . okay i know , my cards marked and the hit squad is on its way for the sacrilege.

the guitar strap as well looked kind of plasticy ? laminated paper? and were the holes in the guitar packaging foam for plectrums ? (plectra?)

Delanie

Delanie
I'll be happier when I see a proper review

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I think we all will be. For those that did have money invested, it looks as though they will see a return on that investment. It won't have that endoskeleton as that didn't have separate hands and John has a few pairs.

If they get their sales and marketing sorted they might just make it, we shall see........

CHEERS!

Andrew

Andrew
Delanie wrote:Hmm not sure about the second head but he wasn't my favourite Beatle either but then i wasn't fond of the Beatles . okay i know , my cards marked and the hit squad is on its way for the sacrilege.

YOu're not the only one.  My mum used to knock about with paul's cousins back in the sixties, so all we've ever heard about is how cool Paul is.  I've read plenty stuff about Lennon to make me not like him.  

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

MarkEl

Keen to see the quality upon release. I suppose companies are entitled to one free pass based on ‘growing pains’ if a good product is finally served ups. Maybe it was Yoko Ono’s fault like everything else! ;-)

Morpheus

Morpheus
I remember when KA Kim/M8 first showed off the sculpt and even though I'm not overly bothered by Lennon, it was flawless. So much so that I decided to give a new company a go.

Yeah, then they messed about, so I cancelled.

Even though that's a pretty bad video, the sculpt still looks soft and undersized, the tailoring not as advertised. The only promise they seem to have kept is the nice box.

Hopefully, they'll learn and do an amazing job on Wonka - a figure I really want.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A decent Wonka would be nice, but I’m still reluctant to PO.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wonders never cease, unboxing video of the Molecule8 John Lennon. (HE'S REAL!!) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum