OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Molecule8 The Plot Thickens

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Saw this post on FB from K A Kim and figured it was worth sharing here:

"Good morning guys.
I am a figure artist k.a.kim.

Since I haven’t been around for a long time, I’d like to update news I have.
Unfortunately, it would not be a good one which I am not happy at all.

And please do understand that there might be wrong expressions and phrases I use since I am not a native English speaker

It is a story about Molecule 8.
Vijay Chadha is CEO of Molecule 8 and he had asked me to work with him a year and half ago.

In early 2017, he had visited Korea directly to see me and introduced his company, molecule 8.
Vijay's plan to create figures with the utmost level and highest quality in the industry at that time was really delicate and surprising to me.
At that time, he expressed he already has a lot of licenses and It was a convincible point I got into it that I knew it was not that easy – Getting licenses.

He required me to sculpt John Lennon which he expressed the most important project for his business and it was the most gentle way for me to be asked. He also gave me many flexible suggestions and offers.
It was not only kind but also touched when he introduced his business plan which wasn’t gimmicky around, and history of his life where he started this business.
And I thought that if everything goes well, it will be a new era for everyone to see in this industry, then decided to work with him

In retrospect, this was the moment his scam started, I think.

In the contract, the payment method for the cost was not a lump sum payment, but a contract for each character which we called ‘Running Guarantee’ receiving a percentage of the amount sold.
Instead, I asked for a minimum guarantee because I had to secure the amount I originally received, and Vijay crunched the MG numbers based on quantities he set up.
In this manner, I was noted and convinced that he can pay the MG amount after sales are completed.

I had completed John Lennon - version 1 and version 2, in April and May 2017 and made/announced them public.
At that time, the body was not completed, but the company began selling directly to clients without the body.

When I asked about it, I was told that trust him that everything is going well.

And he leveraged my name/portfolio for his marketing purposes without consent but I didn’t have any argument given the fact that Molecule 8 was a start-up, I even helped him a lot voluntarily on SNS.
I did not have any complaints about using me as a publicity even though I was not in that company. When I was asked for helping him in promoting the product, I did my best, including posting to my personal SNS.
I thought it was all about selling well. I thought that I should absolutely help the part that can help, so I worked hard to promote it.

I had worked with a small amount of money which was really the minimum for sculpting the heads and even the payment wasn’t full but split by two times until then which he specified as working fee or sculpting fee per head.
And I still thought I would get the rest of the amounts based on the contract after the sale was over.

After that, I did sculpt David Bowie and The Tick-Arthur including John Lennon which are total of three heads.
And I finished sculpting the last head earlier this year. After completing the third head, Vijay asked me to send the last one to him before the settlement with his guarantee of transferring the rest of the sculpting payment once he receives it.
I believed him and I sent it to Vijay before the settlement.

He usually gets three or four days after I send it via international courier or shipping. And I was noticed that the delivery was completed with a message from the courier service, but I couldn’t get any replies from Vijay and lost him since then.
Since I had never been lost his contact, I thought something happened to him such an irrelevant thought for him like whether we had traveled or not, maybe he is sick? you know like worries but he did not get in touch with me.

What happened was he just sent a simple email, seemingly out of blue, after about two months, and he said “I think I paid enough to you for supporting your sculptures and no more payments will be done".
What an answer! It was so frustrated to me and I kept asking him to pay the MG and the rest of sculpting fee in the contract. Again he said "John Lennon has not yet been sold. Please wait 2-3 months."
It wasn’t illogical because the pre-sales was done and I could not really understand what it meant and so absurd by the Vijay's answer, which was obviously stalling for time. And it felt like so fickle.
He was kind of a different person, not professional, and unacceptable manner to whom he had worked for more than a year.

Finally, he told me he could not afford to pay me the royalty because he did not use mines in conclusion that he re-sculpted the head by Molecule 8, and the contact was completely cut off from him.
When I had contracted, I was told that the body was not completely done and stable with many gimmicks so the size of the head I sculpt may not fit perfectly with the body.
Then he relieved me If he takes the John Lennon’s head, he will do 3D scan and resize it to fit into the body.
Now that I heard John Lennon was not the work of mine? I got frustrated with that and so upset about it.

Even I did not work with other companies while I was working with him to make his product the best.
Vijay knew it and always appreciated it. I could not believe this situation was happened and I kept thinking this was some kinds of misunderstanding and it wasn’t something happened actually until I got connected with others.

In the meantime, I was contacted by a 3D figure artist named Vimal who has suffered by the same situation by Vijay like me,
I have heard that there are several artists who have not received such money, and now I finally admit and acknowledge that this is a fraud, structured one from the beginning.

That being said, although I have heard that some of you who have purchased John Lennon and have not received it yet, I wish the complete product of John Lennon could be delivered to all.
I feel sorry to whom they believed me and purchased John Lennon.
Once again, Vijay has no answer yet so far, even though I have sent five prototype heads, and five painted heads which are total of ten.
And I have received approximately a fifth of the money I have to receive and he has guaranteed.

I have never felt unhappy whenever I work or sculpt something because I loved my job.
But this time, I seriously thought that I wanted to quit this job for the first time. I got hurt a lot by the person from my deep inside of heart, I was saddened for the first few days, and I could not do anything because of lots of stresses.

The reason why I post this article is that many people have asked me about Molecule 8.
I feel like there are some people who think that I belong to Molecule 8, so I want to clarify that I don’t belong to them and I do not want to see the same thing happen or have another victim like me.
I’d like to give a huge consolation to not only myself but also many victims by him and Molecule 8 here.

I gotta tell you where my works are floating around. These are my 5 sculptures and submitted to Molecule 8.
Please find out them.

Thank you very much
Best Regards,

K_a_Kim"

So, now you know...

CHEERS!

2Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:32 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
This is from fellow sculptor Vimal Kerketta:

"So here is the news about Molecule 8. I have been contacted by Vijay Chadha from Molecule8 to sculpt a headsculpt for his company. I saw his website and seemed genuine as many artists there were already well known in the industry so I did a mistake by trusting him. I was then commissioned to do a headsculpt and for the payment he told me 50% in the middle of the project and when I deliver the file 100%. I showed him the first update and he told me some changes to make but havent got any advance money. Then after completing the project I asked for the payment. He told me he will process both the invoice together, advance and the final payment. I took it casual again, that was again a mistake. I sent him the file on 28th June 2018. Just after sending the file, he stopped replying to me. I mailed him and texted him on his number many times but didnt get any reply. He texted me saying he got some unforeseen circumstances and didnt reply to me. I told him its ok, just let me know later about the payment. Again he got underground as he wasnt replying to my mails which were sent later after few days. I told him on 18th July that if you dont pay me I will be putting all the files on the internet for people to download and print so no value for his product. Just after that I got a mail saying apologies delay due to unforeseen circumstances and my payment will go tomorrow. And guess what, nothing happened. Then again after making fake promises so many times that the payment will go on this date etc. I still havent got it yet. He even told me hes waiting for Amazon to approve the sculpt but it wasnt the deal, deal was to pay me 50 % and pay me 100% after submission of file. Again later, i told him am uploading the files, then he told me to contact a collegue of him who is in London, he would process payment for me. Turned out he is the invester for the company and he didnt know whats happening with the company. He asked me to wait for few days (10 days) and he will sort things out. I asked him also after 11-12 days but he told me he still ahvent figured it out and aksed for more days. So after waiting for 20more days , he wasnt able to came to any conclusion. He was so sorry about what happened.
Now I got sick of Vijays fake promises about the payment and I had to go public about this as I have no option left so other people know the truth.
Honestly i was expecting a lot from the company initially of the stuff they posted on the website but in the end, all this happened. I will share may be file that i did for them now for everyone to download and use.

Please, stop scamming people."

Thickening more and more!

CHEERS!

3Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Spyder

Spyder
I feel bad for those guys. I'm glad I haven't bought anything from molecul8!

4Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Well, that just blows...

Are there no legal remedies available?

5Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I can well believe this given the previous information we have had from this company. What is the saying "If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is!"

6Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is horrible. I feel so bad for these tremendous artists. Vijay needs to be hunted down and sued for every penny he has.

S., you said it best. "If it sounds too good to be true..."

I'm glad I never bought into their unrealistic bull-$h2%.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Molecule8 The Plot Thickens C8485110

7Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:24 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Something smelled right from the get go for me. Somebody with a better legal knowledge than I would know where everybody stands.

CHEERS!

8Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:33 am

Delanie

Delanie
I've noticed some sites have or are still awaiting orders of the Lennon figure

9Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
damn, on the one hand some companies are getting more and more expensive, on the other rather than helping the hobby, "small" newcomers scam the ones that make the wonderful alternatives happen in the first place Evil or Very Mad

reminds me of the arnold conan head that never came to fruition, it was already available for pre-order and i guess quite a few payments where made. glad i waited it out back then.

...to good to be true...*sigh*

10Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Molecule8 seems to be based in the US, which is lucky for the sculptors. They have a pretty clear breach of contract case and would have no trouble winning in small claims court. The trick would be getting payment because scammers like this have no assets in their own name.

11Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Delanie

Delanie
wasn't this 'Vjay' british in the interview with Mike ?

12Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:wasn't this 'Vjay' british in the interview with Mike ?

That’s what I remember. Supposedly they had “offices” in the UK, US and some other country (supposedly). Probably all BS.

13Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm

MerylAkiba

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vijay-chadha-ba840420

https://in.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Vijay/Chadha

https://molecule8.com/author/vijay/

There is another profile Which states he is a fraud consultant on LinkedIn:

Vijay Chadha MSc, CFE
Vijay Chadha MSc, CFE
Fraud Consultant & Insolvency Account Manager

London, United KingdomFinancial Services
Current Fraud Consultant at Funding Circle UK, Insolvency Account Manager at Funding Circle
Past Corporate Administrator at Griffins Insolvency Practitioners, Insolvency Manager at Clearstart UK Limited
Summary Specialties: Cross Border and International Insolvency Solutions Professional qualifications: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners

Here are some links to help:
https://www.dca.ca.gov/consumers/complaints/consumer.shtml

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

https://www.fraudguides.com/report/california/

Since he is in the greater L.A. area he is bound by California State law regarding fraud. In California, always document your work for these types of incidents.
I do have more questions:

a) Was the California payroll fraud contacted or EDD?

b) If you were hired by a California business since 2015, did you receive a pay stub?  

c) Was a contract written? Is the contract posted for the public? Your lawyer can make documents public akin to Avenatti.

d) Were the email, phone number, text messages collected for the Sheriffs department to file into a report for her lawyer?

e) Was the correct injunction filed in California?

f) Was Lisa Streff, EVP Global Licensing at Epic Rights  in West Hollywood, California contacted?

g) Has any 1/6 scale toy companies (Sideshow,MonkeyDepot,BBTS, any in the U.S that bought or conducted business with Molecule8) did they contact BBB or file a complaint in regards to being a scam victim of fraud?

h) Were investors of any kickstarter or patreon who gave money to that company contacted?

i) Who owns the Estate of John Lennon? Was she contacted of this incident?

j) Did K.AKim report fraud in her state?

Also, John Lennon's music helped during marches and protest when our Nation faced several crisis. Imagine if one person decided to commit fraud in John Lennon's name by a Fraud consultant. During today's protest in the U.S., has the local media been contacted?  This might be something a U.S. lawyer could look into, especially any California firm wanting good publicity.

Sorry, this is not a rant or scolding but questions no one has brought up yet, Unfortunately my background is in another Justice field, not business fraud or company assets.

14Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Saw this on my feed and thought I'd share it here too.
Molecule8 The Plot Thickens SBlF6W1

15Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:02 am

Delanie

Delanie
interesting thought molecule 8 used Lennon as their first figure was it licenced ? if so do the estate realise its been used in a possible fraud?

anyone checked companies house for molecule 8 (i refuse to abbreviate it to m8 as in txt speak for 'mate/)

edit I checked i think this is them below

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09833826

16Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Funding Circle sounds right as to how he was running the company initially, from what I could gather from KA, Molecule8 sounded as though it was a kickstarter to begin with. I think far greater minds than ours need to get involved here. I hope a suitable resolution can be reached for all concerned.

CHEERS!

17Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
This from YouTube:

CHEERS!

18Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy vanishes.

19Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Would not be good if he did. Be better if he was held to account as it might deter others.

CHEERS!

20Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

dadrab

dadrab
Stryker2011 wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy vanishes.

I'd be surprised if he/she even existed other than on paper.

Very ugly business.

21Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You never know,

Be criminal if they get away with it.

CHEERS!

22Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Something smelled right from the get go for me.

CHEERS!

Yup had the same thoughts when they announced the 'company' and it's goals versus prices... they never even released the so called metal human skeleton structure they claimed to have created did they? That would then be covered in some miracle new (pun intended I guess) polymer to act like real flesh that wouldn't split or crack etc..'a fraud consultant' (how ironic..) could never have come up with those designs and renders either so that's more artists he must have scammed right from the beginning. Choosing John Lennon's song 'Imagine' is so apt for this con job and actually rather funny in a very dark or dry sense of humour's way.... Sorry not trivialising any losses or trauma this has cost people but it is rather ironic and probably this con guy's idea of a joke.

23Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Makes you wonder where the money went for the ones they actually did sell....

CHEERS!

24Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Makes you wonder where the money went for the ones they actually did sell....

CHEERS!

His tax free Cayman accounts I'd have thought...

25Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You never know!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum