OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 am

Diana

I've been so tempted by that Anna head and am very much looking forward to in hand pictures! Also for Pirate Arhian. Very Happy bounce

27General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:47 am

Xavion2004

I pushed my luck a little too far with Pirate Arhian.  That’s why I have a “no customizing” rule with my figures in general.  Once I start, I don’t know when to stop, because I always think I can do a little better.  By the time I realize I’ve gone too far, it’s too late.

That’s why I tested  the boiling water trick on her and ordered the Anna head.  I didn’t have much to lose.

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 AD5-AF826-192-F-48-E9-B71-D-7819-F70538-C1

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 9-BB290-E3-E47-D-40-F8-8579-96-AB21971-E6-E

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 1-CCEB70-F-C8-FB-49-D2-A0-D4-72924-A2-F8-EC4

There’s not much of a difference between these three pics and the last three I took.  You can see that some of the plugs are now out on the front left row (our right when looking at the picture). Apparently I had cut the entire plugs down to the nub.

I had already combed through her hair with a wet comb in the previous pictures, so the back of the hair doesn’t look much different.  The boiling water trick just accomplishes the same thing with a lot less effort and less risk of pulling hairs out or creating flyaways.  The hair is also super soft now.

Fortunately, she’s not completely ruined.  She still looks fine with her cap on.

The lesson I learned is DO NOT CUT FLY AWAY HAIRS.  Fortunately, all of my other girls are fine.

It’s not sounding good for a color match with the Anna head.  So then I’ll feel compelled to get a T101A body to match.  Then I’ll feel compelled to find an outfit for her to wear.  Ugh.  This hobby is a money pit!

If could do it all over again, I’d just take the Pirate Arhian head out of the box, dunk it in the boiling water, comb it out, and then leave it alone.

28General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:12 am

skywalkersaga

Does Arhian's outfit come off? or is it one of those that's molded on? Cause otherwise you could basically just get a pale body and then dress it in the Ahrian outfit. The only other issue I could see is maybe feet needing to be repainted to match the pale body.

29General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 am

Xavion2004

No, Arhian’s outfit is glued on.  She even comes with a little card warning you that it’s glued on which none of the others have.  Just my luck.  Having said that, there are auctions all over eBay for the individual pieces of the costume including the top, so it must not be that difficult to remove.

Edit: Looking at the two sets of pictures, I actually think her face is prettier without that front row of hair. I think they really made a lot of mistakes with how the hair was rooted.

30General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:No, Arhian’s outfit is glued on.  She even comes with a little card warning you that it’s glued on which none of the others have.  Just my luck.  Having said that, there are auctions all over eBay for the individual pieces of the costume including the top, so it must not be that difficult to remove.

Edit:  Looking at the two sets of pictures, I actually think her face is prettier without that front row of hair.  I think they really made a lot of mistakes with how the hair was rooted.

Ah gotcha. and I can understand what you mean... i think this was one of their earlier 1/12 attempts, so perhaps they hadn't quite gotten the hang of it yet.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

31General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:No, Arhian’s outfit is glued on.  She even comes with a little card warning you that it’s glued on which none of the others have.  
Huh. I never noticed that. Indeed there is a card. All the way at the bottom of the box.

32General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 am

A Man

Xavion2004 wrote: Curiosity did get the best of me though, so I ordered the blonde Fire Girl “Anna” head from an eBay seller based in the U.S.  I should have it by the end of the week, and I’ll post pics with it on Pirate Arhian.

Sounds interesting!  Very little info on this newly released head so far.  Some reports indicate that the heads are primarily made for VeryCool figures, and requires some effort to mount on the Tbleague bodies.

I have managed to come across some very few (and small) images:

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Tio6UaBt_o

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 FCOn0uhQ_o

33General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:31 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh! They look more mature than the prototype, which is welcome. bounce
Thank you for digging them up!

34General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Yes, thank you!  I scouted the internet for production pictures of these heads on other bodies and found absolutely nothing.  The blonde head (which is the one I’m getting) looks a *little* bit darker than the T103A skin tone in that one pic which bodes well for me since Pirate Arhian is a little bit lighter than my T101B.

Either way, all of the suspense will be over when I get done with work in roughly five hours.  The Anna head is out for delivery today!

Edit:  By that, I mean the suspense will be over for ALL of us in five hours because I will be posting pics.

35General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:39 pm

A Man

Thank you - I have syncronized my watch and am looking forward to your pictures.
For someone like me, who finds the head sculpt on the base 1/12  model a bit bland, and also is no particular fan of the medieval bikini babes, the Fire Girl head looks promising.

36General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:53 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
A Man wrote:
For someone like me, who finds the head sculpt on the base 1/12  model a bit bland, and also is no particular fan of the medieval bikini babes, the Fire Girl head looks promising.
Yes, that was the reason for me to get Arhian an Sonja for my boat, instead of going for more modern girls, which meant getting these bodies, a better head, clothes and shoes. Arhian and Sonja seemed better value for monye. But maybe not, because I then got Sariah and Captain Ras as well Rolling Eyes Shocked
Xavion2004 wrote:
Edit:  By that, I mean the suspense will be over for ALL of us in five hours because I will be posting pics.
*gets calculater* That's about three and a half hours to go.

37General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:59 pm

A Man

My thinking as well:  If you purchase the base 1/12 body, the FG head and a relatively basic outfit, you are approaching - or exceeding - the cost of one of the sets.

38General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Diana

Diana
A Man wrote:My thinking as well:  If you purchase the base 1/12 body, the FG head and a relatively basic outfit, you are approaching - or exceeding - the cost of one of the bikini girl sets.
That's why I got Sariah at first. I wanted to sell the clothes and just have the body and head and maybe the sword. I didn't expect to like her as much, once the excessive skulls and helmet were removed. Smile

39General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 pm

A Man

Diana wrote: I wanted to sell the clothes and just have the body and head and maybe the sword. I didn't expect to like her as much

An understandable outcome.  Also, there aren't that many easily available outfits for the 1/12 format yet.

TravelGuide wrote:*gets calculater* That's about three and a half hours to go.

Getting close to two hours now. Razz

40General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Got done a little early.  Here’s the packaging:

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 FAC7-C588-E06-B-4-F89-A7-E7-7728331-ECF9-A

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 9-DE9115-B-6-E21-424-F-ACD5-B0-FDB6-E0-B649

Aw, how adorable.  Blah.  Just give me the head in the little bag and charge me less money!  Wink

I’m going to break this up into a few posts because I have quite a few pics.

41General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Front...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 201211-BE-B025-43-BA-AD9-E-A42-E9-DE57631

Back...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 44-FD251-A-0-F90-44-BC-9177-F0-D4-ABE1-FFDF

Close-Up...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 9499-CF77-1197-4258-A547-7-DBA895-F6752

42General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Next to Tariah...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 FE4-F5-EE4-7544-41-C8-B60-B-E224-E918-FC01

With Arian’s pirate hat...which naturally fits so much better than it does on Arhian’s own head...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 C911-B82-D-54-E6-483-B-B36-B-E1408-BA38-C3-D

Without the necklace...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 45-DE77-D9-BAFD-47-D8-93-E5-5642-CC147-DC5

43General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Okay, now to one of A Man’s points.  The head went right on Pirate Arhian’s body like it was made for it.  However, City of Horrors Arhian?  Not going to happen without a lot of force or some modification. and with my luck, I’d be out both a CoH Arhian and an Anna head, so I didn’t even try.  Why the difference?  Check it out...

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 2-F72-BD3-B-7-BCB-4-ADB-B84-D-4-F90433-CD321

By the way, all of these shots were straight out of the package. I didd’t comb trough her hair, give her the boiling water treatment, etc.

44General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:47 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
A Man wrote:
Diana wrote: I wanted to sell the clothes and just have the body and head and maybe the sword. I didn't expect to like her as much

An understandable outcome.  Also, there aren't that many easily available outfits for the 1/12 format yet.
Yes, that was an issue too. Just the figure with the clothes and shoes I liked added up to the same amount as Arhian or Sonja, and then I'd have to get a nice HS as well, which would add another €35-€40.

Xavion2004 wrote:Front...
Nice pictures. The hat fits a lot better. The color looks close, but the head seems to be a bit too big to me.

45General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:Okay, now to one of A Man’s points.  The head went right on Pirate Arhian’s body like it was made for it.  However, City of Horrors Arhian?  Not going to happen without a lot of force or some modification. and with my luck, I’d be out both a CoH Arhian and an Anna head, so I didn’t even try.  Why the difference?  Check it out...

(...)

By the way, all of these shots were straight out of the package.  I didd’t comb trough her hair, give her the boiling water treatment, etc.
If the ball is too small for the head, you can wrap something around it (tape for instance) and make it fit. The other way around is a bit harder. You'd have to make the hole in the head bigger. But that has risks.

Her hair looks good straight out of the package.

46General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Her head is definitely bigger than Arhian’s (Pirate). Then again, quite a few people have commented that the TBLeague heads are too small, so I’m not sure what to think. I noticed it immediately, but I also go used to it pretty quickly. The skin tones don’t match. The difference isn’t as big as I had feared our as small as I had hoped.

My initial thoughts, and I’m not surprised, is that she’s far better suited to be a custom than a head swap with any of the TBLeague character figures. She’ll probably end up going back into the box until someone puts out an action/adventure oriented costume set that catches my eye.

47General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks and works pretty great, Xavion, good find and thanks for sharing.

48General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:10 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think she looks so much better -- the larger head looks nicer, imo, as the original headsculpt looked a little small to me.

How odd about the difference with the neck peg.... is the CoH Ahrian on a different body (the more curvy one)?

49General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t *think*  the two Arhian’s are on two different bodies.  I thought Skarah and Tariah were on different bodies, and they still could be, but the both have the bigger neck peg.   I have a theory.  I think the bigger neck peg (and logically, modified head) may have been a response to problems with the earlier head.  I had minor issues with Arkhalla’s head and major issues with Pirate Arhian’s with the little connector piece inside the head staying on the peg when the head is pulled off.  I’ve had to reseat that inner peg several times in Arhian’s head, but only once on Arkhalla.  They were the first few along with Sparta, right?

You know, I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that Pirate Arhian is a pain in the ass in general. Laughing

50General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:34 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:
You know, I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that Pirate Arhian is a pain in the ass in general.  Laughing
Makes sense. Isn't that the jobdescription of a Pirate?

51General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:03 pm

A Man

Thanks for sharing the images. I think she looks good, bordering on better than expected. Actually, the thing holding me back from ordering one, is that I cannot see that many interesting outfits available for her.

52General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:07 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, those were some of the earlier 1/12 figures. : )

53General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 am

Diana

Diana
That Anna head looks great! Very Happy
Shame about the struggles with the neck peg. Will have to check out the size of them all...

54General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana, is Captain Sparta on the pale body? It looks like she might be from your video review and your recent pics in one of the other threads. If so, I think I know where that Anna head may be going. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum