OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Valiarde

Valiarde
Requested by thousands, anticipated by millions, here it is, my little review of Inflames Toys IFT29 Wu Song! I couldn't resist a "mega f'cking coolness" photoshoot with him as just plain review pics aren't my thing. So I hope I have something in this thread for everyone, the artsy people and the product fetish dudes.

I did not put on everything I found in the box and I did not test his movement in every direction. But if you have any specil questions, fire it up.

PART I: Quick Product review

The packaging. Looks cool.
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  YSH2lVS

Inner layer - he comes with 7 extra hands, a base, two swords (plastic), a hat, a water bottle, a chain, and a second outfit (didn't put it on). Also a tiara.
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  QcgATlO
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  GvDgbtYl

Aaaand here he is. Ultra heavy, mega tall and super muscular. I think the second dress is to pose him shirtless like on the packaging box! Will use it some day in the future.
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  IG90H17

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  JY1BYeC

I pulled down the pants a bit so you can see the plastic action figure bottom part.
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  IUpORsr

comparison with m35 tbleague:
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  G1vAE5f
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  D5sZsik
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  RFIIhE2
That was the further I went undressing him, because I wasn't in the mood of putting it all back on again. If I ever change to his other outfit, I will post more pics.

His skeleton is made of metal - you can see it if you remove the hands and look at the joints, metal balljoint. Like I mentioned, the whole figure is very heavy - i need to put it on a scales tomorrow.
He doesn't have feet only shoes made of some rubberlike plastic.
Overall I'm very satisfied with this figure - I think he looks impressive and has some nice applications for story purposes.

---------
PART 2: Artsy posing

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  5VdehQ1
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  F0ebsvi
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  7QyurnC
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  VRyNjdG
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  0rf6UYb
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  6cfabjn
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  YGyIz2U
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  XYRI8q0
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  VyZFFH1
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  UFHj8Pb

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  NE283Im
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  M94gZey
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  GozmKdf
Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  E5uWT2J

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. What a beast! I knew he must be huge (I got the head), but I didn't realize how huge -- somehow not even after I saw him next to the other dudes in your elven fangirls tread. I usually think that TBLeague did not need to invest in developing a second muscle body (M35), but now I'm starting to think it needs to invest in developing a third (a "fully" seamless version of this one). Painted nipples!? It was about time! Great swords, too. I love the "artsy" photos with moody lighting and impressive base. My favorite shot is the first one with the candles in which he looks up while sitting down (and before holding them up). Thank you very much for your review.

ZombieTestSubject

Thanks for the review. Informative and very artistic. What more can we want?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, I absolutely LOVE him and I'm so freaking jealous !!! The body is awesome but the headsculpt is also excellent. I don't even remember seeing him advertised, I must have missed the product announcement, but ahhh... he's amazing. And your pics are gorgeous.... thank you so much for sharing.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
He is magnificent! What a beast!

Good catch. And gorgeous photos! Thank you! Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow again ! Wow, I absolutely LOVE him and I'm so freaking jealous ! Ok.. Sky write it, so i can confess it too. Very Happy I WAN´T this ! But i have so much Stuff and projects. The Body looks so GREAT !
Thanks for showing

Theflyingman

Oh man this is such a good model! Was too expensive for me but so cool to see your pics. Thanks.

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you for the review of this huuuuuuge figure. He may want to meet Groot?

Looks like great quality and those are great pics again! He is perfect to use along the candles. Nice accessory for them.
I had to make a mental note on that backdrop. Will have to try that too - and one day you will have to make one of these floors for me I love you ... I somehow doubt I will ever get around to doing one myself...

but I just have to admit it: I do not care much about this guy. Sorry. He‘s huge, he‘s cool, he‘s something different... but I would not know what to do with him and he would end up being the muscled „no brains“ guy.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. What a beast! I knew he must be huge (I got the head), but I didn't realize how huge -- somehow not even after I saw him next to the other dudes in your elven fangirls tread. I usually think that TBLeague did not need to invest in developing a second muscle body (M35), but now I'm starting to think it needs to invest in developing a third (a "fully" seamless version of this one). Painted nipples!? It was about time! Great swords, too. I love the "artsy" photos with moody lighting and impressive base. My favorite shot is the first one with the candles in which he looks up while sitting down (and before holding them up). Thank you very much for your review.
Yeah he really is the asian Zangief. Could be a nice Street Fighter Kitbash or maybe DragonBall etc.  Smile
Good catch with the painted nipples. I like the look of his upper body.  He weights 975g (semi seamless!) with head included vs 580g of the M35 (full seamless) that is nearly 400g more!
Thank you for your valuable comment as always  bounce

ZombieTestSubject wrote:Thanks for the review. Informative and very artistic. What more can we want?
Thank you, glad you liked it. I had fun shooting this figure.

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, I absolutely LOVE him and I'm so freaking jealous !!! The body is awesome but the headsculpt is also excellent. I don't even remember seeing him advertised, I must have missed the product announcement, but ahhh... he's amazing. And your pics are gorgeous.... thank you so much for sharing.
Awww thank you Sky, no need to be jealous,  lets hope we see more of this body in the future for good prices! I got him from AliExpress where he was around 100 bucks cheaper than any ebay store or european shop (still available at machinegun or space, but eeeexpensive)

Diana wrote:He is magnificent! What a beast!

Good catch. And gorgeous photos! Thank you! Smile
Wasn't easy to catch, he was very strong but I wrestled him down. Thank you Wink

Ephiane wrote:Holy Cow again ! Wow, I absolutely LOVE him and I'm so freaking jealous ! Ok.. Sky write it, so i can confess it too. Very Happy   I WAN´T this ! But i have so much Stuff and projects. The Body looks so GREAT !
Thanks for showing
He would be so good in your awesome lineup of different size and high folks! Really eager to see what you magical things you would do with this body  sunny   I saw a post on facebook not too long ago from some asian artist/kitbasher who was selling 4 of these bodies! I didn't asked her if she has one left or pricing, but I wish I did.

Theflyingman wrote:Oh man this is such a good model! Was too expensive for me but so cool to see your pics. Thanks.
Thank you, glad you liked it.

Illusion wrote:Thank you for the review of this huuuuuuge figure. He may want to meet Groot?

Looks like great quality and those are great pics again! He is perfect to use along the candles. Nice accessory for them.
I had to make a mental note on that backdrop. Will have to try that too - and one day you will have to make one of these floors for me I love you ... I somehow doubt I will ever get around to doing one myself...

but I just have to admit it: I do not care much about this guy. Sorry. He‘s huge, he‘s cool, he‘s something different... but I would not know what to do with him and he would end up being the muscled „no brains“ guy.

Glad you got some shooting ideas from my setup here and I agree, love the candles to go with this kind of char.
I'm sure I will do a Diorama base for you one day Wink
All muscle no brains...normally yes, but somehow with his spirituality feeling I think it is more a gentle giant and looks quiet clever. I gave him some math problems and he solved them for me*. So yeah, not too dumb.

Cheers all had fun shooting this one
*with his swords

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you had fun shooting it. Thanks for the extra information, and, again, for the review and great photos. I hope you put him to good use in your upcoming scenes and photo stories.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is a really impressive figure, but super huge. I’m a little disappointed in the head sculpt, but everything else is really cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really?? Headsculpt is my favourite part... 😅

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the head sculpt (for what it is), but I noticed that when you remove some of the layers of clothing it actually looks a little bit small for the body or sits a little high on the neck.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah the headsculpt seems to be love it or hate it from what I've gathered so far Cool

I think the head size works good for that body personally, but the long looking neck is a good catch GF. With the right poses it should work though.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Those pics are amazing!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think the neck being long is to accommodate the several layers of clothing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I think the head size works good for that body personally, but the long looking neck is a good catch GF. With the right poses it should work though.

skywalkersaga wrote:I think the neck being long is to accommodate the several layers of clothing.

Probably yes (neck looks fine with several layers of clothing on), which is understandable. In cases like this, for custom figures anyway, it helps to avoid an actual interior neck connector and stuff the opening with foamies, which would allow attaching the head at slightly different heights over the neck-peg as needed. Another reason I like that solution. But I'm not suggesting Valiarde should mess up his set, especially as the figure is staying clothed. This also depends on the feasibility of extracting the interior neck connector, which is sometimes glued or stuck. Since I mostly work with custom stuff and pick up loose head sculpts, I tend to remove them as a matter of principle these days, sometimes using a Dremel to drill them out/apart if they are too stubborn. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hell, again... that´s such a fantastic body. I have to give You a warning. The only bodys with no Skin problems i know are the Pichen / TBL ones. I really love the body of my elv too, but look at this. Take care with Your new Body. The Pose " At ease " has to be with no bended Arms / Legs i think.

Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  00215

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, aww, your poor Elf! He looks so sad... ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The elf does look sad and in fact mad (did you manipulate the face?), but the photo is gorgeous, as usual. Is the Elf's body Inflames, Ephiane? What an awesome figure anyway.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the warning. So far i own a few jiaou dolls and tbleague bodies and luckily no damaging so far.
But yeah i heared about cases when you pose the for longer with uneasy poses...

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He's bigger than I thought. He's got giant blood running through his (rubbery) veins.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Inflames Toys IFT029 Review and artsy pics  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum