OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucifer Toys "Wings Of The Fallen"- what appears to be in hand pics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
I believe this may be soon released.......thoughts?

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=338871

#newproduct #discussion #female #lucifertoys

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. Seems like it’s been forever since I POd this. I hope the horns are still adjustable. Still curious how this is going to be able to stand up with the weight of the wings.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer Toys "Wings Of The Fallen"- what appears to be in hand pics C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great pics! But the one thing I most want to see is how the hell they attach to the figure. I know they said with magnets, but that still sounds like pure wizardry if they actually got that to work. I don't doubt them, but I'm fascinated to see how it's done.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am a bit divided on this one, ever sine I first saw the promotional images I don't know how long ago. Ultimately, as a couple of others already noted, much will depend on the quality...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the overall design of the costume; but I’m not sure about the feathers/fur around the shoulder area. Also don’t understand the reason for the jump rope chain. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these arrive with the feathers all falling out. I’ll also be interested to see if the outfit will end up staining the figure when trying to put it on. I know, I know, I’m being nit-picky and paranoid.

The outfit keeps making me think why someone (get on it TBL) hasn’t done Witchblade...

MarkEl

Thumbs up for me. She’s a sexy Baphomet. They even evoke Baphomet’s beard with the collar. Make or break point for me are the wings. Featherwork (I assume they’ll be dyed natural feathers) is always problematic in terms of fragility, storage, cleaning etc. One tip over, and you’re glueing broken quills together.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the overall design of the costume; but I’m not sure about the feathers/fur around the shoulder area. Also don’t understand the reason for the jump rope chain. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these arrive with the feathers all falling out. I’ll also be interested to see if the outfit will end up staining the figure when trying to put it on. I know, I know, I’m being nit-picky and paranoid.

The outfit keeps making me think why someone (get on it TBL) hasn’t done Witchblade...

Yeah, I'm amazed too TBL hasn't gotten the Witchblade license. Feel like that could really be gold.

MarkEl wrote:Thumbs up for me. She’s a sexy Baphomet.  They even evoke Baphomet’s beard with the collar.  Make or break point for me are the wings.  Featherwork (I assume they’ll be dyed natural feathers) is always problematic in terms of fragility, storage, cleaning etc. One tip over, and you’re glueing broken quills together.

I worry about the same things too. the staining may not be an issue (I see it mostly from poorly set fabric dyes, and she looks like it's a lot of plastic parts against skin) but the wings holding up do scare me a bit. Still, I think it looks amazing, is worth the risk of picking up, and I appreciate the ambition of these guys making it. It's a really bold design decision, and I hope it works out for them.

http://reverendspooky.com

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
I want Witchblade as well, if anyone remembers my countless posts about it elsewhere, everyone knows how much I want one. You know how I can make sure Phicen makes one?

Make a custom. I think at least 3 of my customs are now coming out by Phicen. The latest being ARH Comix' Valkyrie, as shown this week at Shanghai's Wonder Festival.

Actually, I've been theorizing how to accomplish a Phicen Witchblade custom. The costume is the biggest issue........if I had a dang 3D printer maybe. Still working on ideas.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you can figure out how to do Witchblade costume, you’ll have to let us all know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
After looking at the new images a little closer, I think I figured out how they are doing the wings. I don’t think it’s done with magnets. I think those new feathery items around her shoulders are a harness system, like a back-pack, which hold the wings against her. I imagine from the back it may not look so good as there has to be some sort of apparatus to attach both the harness straps and the wings to.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I look at her and I'll be the first to say I'm not focused on her wings.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I look at her and I'll be the first to say I'm not focused on her wings.

lol! Well, I’ll admit it’s not the first place mine went, either. But after a time I was able to re-focus... Embarassed

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Different discussion group . . . same DFC attitude/humor/perspective as always regardless of venue.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:After looking at the new images a little closer, I think I figured out how they are doing the wings. I don’t think it’s done with magnets. I think those new feathery items around her shoulders are a harness system, like a back-pack, which hold the wings against her. I imagine from the back it may not look so good as there has to be some sort of apparatus to attach both the harness straps and the wings to.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Now I just want to figure to come out to see if you're right.

http://reverendspooky.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum