OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

T.H.E Rock

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1T.H.E Rock Empty T.H.E Rock Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Chip

T.H.E Rock , is a Grenadier in the movie Full Metal Jacket . He is my third attempt at a character from the movie . It`s quite a challenge to find Hispanic looking figures , I settled on this one . Not exactly a good likeness but is o.k . I searched and searched for the Graffiti on his helmet , but it was a challenge . So I have left him with just that phrase for now . I printed the Wrigley`s Wrapper , and scratch made the Yoyo in the helmet band . The Axe is a Vintage Action Man item re-painted for more realism . Upgraded 21st toys web , and DML pouches .

T.H.E Rock 1-P1120003

T.H.E Rock 2-P1110988

T.H.E Rock 3-P1110993

T.H.E Rock 4

T.H.E Rock 5-P1120006

T.H.E Rock 7-P1110998

Here he is with Animal and Joker , from the same movie .

T.H.E Rock 8-P1120016

T.H.E Rock 9-P1120017

2T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Really cool! I love the commitment to these small defining details. They especially look great together as a group. Making me want to go and rewatch this movie.

3T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:11 pm

davidd

davidd
It was a few months back, wasn't it, that you were searching for images of a 1960s Wrigley's wrapper? Your efforts were well worthwhile! I think that's the detail that makes this figure! Oh, man, I remember five stick gum packs like that, with the foil around each stick, from when I was a kid! Usually all scrunched up like that! Oh, that is so cool! Taking me back, man... fortunately to a carefree childhood rather than to the muddy jungles of 'Nam.

Great work on the yo-yo, too! Look at that, a classic Duncan Butterfly! That is so cool! That was the yo-yo to have when I was a kid... which, sadly for two generations of young men, was when the war was in full swing.

Nice wristwatch, too! You really nailed the details on this one, Chip! Fantastic work, even compared to your always fantastic work!

4T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed this. Looks really good. I had searched, as well, and couldn’t find better images of his helmet. Like the gum and yo-yo. They all look good together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

T.H.E Rock C8485110

5T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Awesome work Chip! Another quality figure! Always spot on for details!

6T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:20 am

Chip

Thanks for the kind comments , they are so appreciated . Very Happy

7T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:12 pm

A Man

I love the attention to detail.

8T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Illusion

Illusion
I am a total dummy when it comes to the military but I really like your attention to detail and that you have a precise plan for your figures and do not just combine anything you may feel would look cool. (Though the latter would be fine too, no offense meant to anyone doing it like this - such as myself Laughing )

9T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:39 pm

Chip

Thank you so much Illusion and A Man , I really appreciate you taking the time to comment .

10T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's really great, the little details really sell this. And I'm glad you managed to find a head that fit, the little modifications to the harness are also well done. Thinking back to the rock being Hispanic the stuff written on his helmet could have been something in Spanish but without any images of it that would merely be an assumption.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! T.H.E Rock 1f60e

11T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Aw Chip, ya knocked this one out of the park, man! I know how hard it can be to find helmet graffiti from those older films. Your Trio look wicked together as well.

12T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Chip

Thanks again , much appreciated . I am still looking for sculpts for a two or three other characters , hopefully some fitting sculpts will come along soon .

13T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Ahh there he is! Remembering the thread where we were looking for that damn mysterious graffiti, haha. I think it was something about the holy mother in spanish. We might never know.

I don't really remember him that much from the movie, did he just have that one grenade scene and the Bird is the word part etc?

14T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Chip

Ovy wrote:Ahh there he is! Remembering the thread where we were looking for that damn mysterious graffiti, haha. I think it was something about the holy mother in spanish. We might never know.

I don't really remember him that much from the movie, did he just have that one grenade scene and the Bird is the word part etc?

Not a main Character perhaps , but was in the small group that went after the sniper in the last part of the movie , oddly he traded his Blooper for am M.16 for those scenes . I found him quite appealing , his nickname alone was an attraction too . Would still like to find that Graffiti some day .... T.H.E Rock 1f600

15T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Man, that Rock rocks ! Love his comrades too cheers

16T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:39 pm

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
T.H.E Rock can be a rock!

Love this movie. Great work on such a small role character that was easily forgettable among Animal Mother, Joker, Cowboy, and Eight Ball.

17T.H.E Rock Empty Re: T.H.E Rock Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Chip

Thanks for those further comments Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum