OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:16 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind He0110

Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind He0210

Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind He0310

Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind He0410

2Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:29 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see some trains.

But seriously: nicely done.

3Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Nice story.
Happy Easter.

4Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see some trains. But seriously: nicely done.

Ah... I leave the trains to the experts, namely yourself and Gizems. Smile Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Nice story. Happy Easter.

Thank you very much. And to you too!

5Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:41 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! lol! lol! Happy Easter!

6Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:lol! lol! lol!  Happy Easter!

Thank you very much, to you too!

7Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Yay, happy easter. Nice little scene, is the background part of a larger diorama? Looks awesome and fits so many fantasy themed topics.

8Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tjolnir wrote:Yay, happy easter. Nice little scene, is the background part of a larger diorama? Looks awesome and fits so many fantasy themed topics.

Thank you very much, to you too. At the risk of disappointing, it is a bit of an optical illusion. I downloaded a transparent-background PNG of the Gothic windows and superimposed it over a spring landscape, manipulating color and size for my needs. I then exported the resulting image as a JPEG, projected it full screen, and adjusted it to fit my makeshift foreground surface. I then shot the photos with the screen as background, aided by some spotlights and trying to focus on the figures to avoid visible pixellation behind them. But one could definitely print out the Gothic structure PNG, either together with an integrated background image to be seen through it, or separately, with the open areas cut away, and various backgrounds deployed behind it.
I used the same technique here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3828-women-s-day-updated-with-improved-setting

9Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice setup. The Mother of Dragons doesn’t seem to accept that there could possibly be anything else that lays eggs, indeed. Happy Easter!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind C8485110

10Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice setup. The Mother of Dragons doesn’t seem to accept that there could possibly be anything else that lays eggs, indeed. Happy Easter!

Thank you very much, and Happy Easter to you too. Yep, some people have tunnel vision, and she appears to be one of them. I think this is when Jon Snow knew something was wrong... Smile

11Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:08 pm

brassco

brassco
Happy Easter day with GOT!

12Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco wrote:Happy Easter day with GOT!

Thank you very much, to you too!

13Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:32 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thanks for the tip, i'm far from being disappointed, in fact i'm grateful learning something in return. no matter the subject one shares his experience with, othes can only get smarter.
in the long run i was going to print some background for my dioramas so it wouldn't show the blank wall or an empty space.

14Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Jon is a great easter bunny and lady of the Dragons looking a bit confused here in the last pic. That was some hard truth to swallow.

Happy Easter! Very Happy

15Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Ovy

Ovy
WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS??

I hid them.

WHERE??

You have to find them, like, easter eggs.

Happy Easter/Norther. Razz

16Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:44 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
"What do you mean these don't hatch chocolate dragons!?!"

Ah, so awesome!!! This killed me. So good, and the background looks excellent. The spring imagery is so perfect through the window. I love it.

17Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tjolnir wrote:thanks for the tip, i'm far from being disappointed, in fact i'm grateful learning something in return. no matter the subject one shares his experience with, othes can only get smarter. in the long run i was going to print some background for my dioramas so it wouldn't show the blank wall or an empty space.

You are very welcome. It is tricky getting a large enough screen and avoiding capturing the pixellation. In principle, I would still prefer to get my pieces, especially the ones that go in front, if we are talking about layers as here, printed. I just haven't done any of that since the big move.

Valiarde wrote: Jon is a great easter bunny and lady of the Dragons looking a bit confused here in the last pic. That was some hard truth to swallow. Happy Easter! Very Happy

Thank you, you too. Yep, I don't know whether she had gotten it by the point the last photo was snapped. I think she was still hoping for smooth dragons in pearlescent magenta (?) color. Smile

Ovy wrote:WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?? I hid them. WHERE?? You have to find them, like, easter eggs. Happy Easter/Norther. Razz

LOL. That's funny, 's what that is. (I have no idea why I'm giving Jon this accent.) Happy Norther to you too! Danny's off looking for them already... and here's your sign...

ReverendSpooky wrote:"What do you mean these don't hatch chocolate dragons!?!" Ah, so awesome!!!  This killed me.  So good, and the background looks excellent.  The spring imagery is so perfect through the window.  I love it.

Thank you very much, Adam, I'm glad you liked it. Hmmm, chocolate dragons -- probably should have thought of that too; although that would have been believable enough! To be honest, I experimented with about six different options for the landscape background at the back, but ended up with this one. Glad it worked.

18Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:01 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So cute! Hope you had a nice Easter! ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

19Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Illusion

Illusion
lovely I love you
and such a great backdrop construction... !!

20Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:So cute! Hope you had a nice Easter! ^.^

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. It was all over the place, but we're all good and still kicking. Smile

Illusion wrote:lovely  I love you and such a great backdrop construction... !!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it and the digital backdrop. In case someone gets the wrong idea, I only put it together from pre-existing images.

21Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Another hilarious scene! Razz I love how you're able to take the stock expressions and make them seem so goofy just by catching the perfect angle. It's a talent, comedy is hard!  Cool

22Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Another hilarious scene! Razz I love how you're able to take the stock expressions and make them seem so goofy just by catching the perfect angle. It's a talent, comedy is hard!  Cool

Thank you very much, I'm delighted you liked it. Sometimes expressions will work well or ok for you without modification. Sometimes, one can help them by using FaceApp or similar software, as a number of our members keep demonstrating with great effect (check out Ephiane's mermaid or dungeon crawlers threads). I tried it this when we were first discussing it, and it is worth it for the photos, but I wasn't going to install a supposed Russian spy app on my new machine -- which is my excuse for being lazy, I guess. Wink

23Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That was nice, it got a chuckle but I have to ask.

If you dye dragon eggs, does the baby come out with whatever color you dyed it?
That's a question game of thrones never answered.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind 1f60e

24Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That was nice, it got a chuckle but I have to ask. If you dye dragon eggs, does the baby come out with whatever color you dyed it? That's a question game of thrones never answered.

Indeed... they should have thought of that! Smile My guess is, depends on the strength of the dye (this year our Easter eggs were almost the same color peeled as unpeeled!). But more to the point, if you boil the eggs, wouldn't the (would-be) baby dragons die?

25Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Empty Re: Medieval-ish Fantasy: One-Track Mind Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for the laugh , Gube ! Great posing and story !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum