OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what would be your magnum opus ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what would be your magnum opus ? Empty what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:27 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i don´t know about you, but once in a while i can´t help but think about all the possibilties one would have if money, time and space wouldn´t be an issue.
what would be your "magnum opus", your one thing in the 1/6 world that would crown your collection or achievements ? be it a complete collection of figures or a diorama spanning several football fields in a huge hangar, go bonkers like you´ve won the lottery Very Happy

no doubt this is all about daydreaming since few of us, if any, can predict the future and make a fortune in stock investment and are stuck with limited funds for our hobby.

2what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
A massive room that I could dedicate to dioramas for sure! I’d also love a garden where I could set up some raised beds and develop a miniature landscape for photography!

3what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:45 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
A multi-story warehouse, where each 'level' or floor contains a 1/6 replica of different kinds of landscapes, all crafted by expert architects:
- Large modern-day city, filled with all kinds of properly-scaled automobiles and aircrafts.
- High-tech futuristic metropolis, neon lights all over, holographic projections, etc.
- Small run-down town in the boonies.
- Post-apocalyptic ruins.
- Medieval fantasy land, in style of Lord of the Rings or The Elder Scrolls games. Horses and war elephants, hell you know what throw in some giant fully posable seamless dragons too.
- Huge amusement park, filled with fully operational replicas of roller coasters, carousels, ferris wheel, etc.
- Replica of Ancient Greece, but more exaggerated like the God of War games.

Yeah, that should do it. Might think of more later. 🤔

4what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Something like this, only in 1/6 scale:

what would be your magnum opus ? 83a66e10
what would be your magnum opus ? 17bde110

Every character from the 1968 Planet of the Apes & the first sequel Beneath in 1/6 scale, with real hair, and enough money to army build apes to be able to create an Apes City diorama, along with interiors.

I could go on, but...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

what would be your magnum opus ? C8485110

5what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:54 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Like others have said, well first I would buy an huge abandoned multi-story mall with 200 stores spread across 2.2 million square feet of space and then restore it and add something like the HBO series Westworld and all of it's parks/ worlds to start with and then later on add other other time periods to it but in 1/6 scale. LOL

6what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I could finally buy a dead Japanese spider crab and dodge all the legal stuff and tax and transport costs etc etc. And make the carapace and legs into a jointed figure. And let my post apocalyptic Mediterran figures ride it.  I can't post pictures anymore because it triggers serious Arachnocrabphobia in some people.

But yeah otherwise, exactly what you guys say. The house mansion living museum complex of 1/6 art should also include dimensional doors to enter the Astraverse, the Spookyverse, the Puertoboobombverse, the Strykerverse, the Guberverse, the Aniverse, the Munkeyverse etc. etc.

Otherwise, being more specific I please need:
- Remnants of a decaying dead European city completely overgrown by plants and swamp. All trees and leaves are in 1/6 scale and Japanese garden scientists who tend to it are included
- A stranded gigantic rusted cargoship full of bird (censored) and flying 1/6 scale birds, at my personal Mediterran beach house, beautifully painted with tribal murals. It looks really beautiful when the sun at dawn is shining through the holes in the husk. You should see it, I invite you all as I am insanely rich now for some reason.
- A house boat for rivers, with a living room in there. 1/6, but why not also 1/1?
- A underwater reef made out of 1/6 ship wrecks and a real  submarine so I can photograph stuff in deeper depths.

Sci Fi:
- A clone of myself who is super motivated and knows where I would look for my stuff who tidies up behind me.
- magical antigravitation figure stands that allow to hold any figures pose. Even underwater.
- the universal head and hands adapter

More realistic stuff:
- a Space station. (With a lot of time and space (haha) I could use barrels make some interiors.)
- an undead army

I wonder what the "von Abt" guys wish. I think their dreams all have come true?

7what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:31 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice question, Tjolnir! Smile

Lynkhart -- an outdoor area like that sounds heavenly. Would truly be a dream to have a whole outdoor space dedicated to dioramas. For me it would consist of various prehistoric and historical structures (ranging from Neolithic to medieval), and of course equestrian things. ;D

AlKelAstra and BadWolf- the warehouse/themepark idea sounds like an absolute blast. It could have infinite varieties of dioramas...we'd never leave. Would become a real 1:1 madhouse. ;p

Stryker -- that is one impressive diorama! The thing that struck me upon looking at it was just how *American* that town design is. Makes me rather nostalgic /homesick. :')

Ovy wrote:the Aniverse

I love you

Ovy wrote:I could finally buy a dead Japanese spider crab and dodge all the legal stuff and tax and transport costs etc etc. .

Didn't realise it was so difficult to obtain. Hope you can acquire/make your dream spidermount for your figures someday!

Ovy wrote:- A clone of myself who is super motivated and knows where I would look for my stuff who tidies up behind me.

Same.  Laughing  

Ovy wrote:- a Space station. (With a lot of time and space (haha) I could use barrels make some interiors.)

I would LOVE to make Camina Drummer and Klaes Ashford on the Behemoth. 😍

Regarding my own 'magnum opus' .... I consider the ongoing SW project I'm working on to be just that. The lineup I have planned has been several years in the making, and will no doubt take quite a while still to complete (especially since I've had to go back and remake some of the figures along the way, either due to unfortunate accidents or because my standards have shifted over time). Already, I feel myself burning out pretty hard, because I definitely bit off more than I could chew with this, but after putting so much time, funds, energy, and tears into it, I'm determined to see it through. While I have many other non-SW figures planned (both invidual ones and smaller groupings), I don't intend to attempt something *this* ambitious ever again (as in, an entire lineup of 20+ figures), so the SW stuff will have to stand on its own in that respect.

If we're talking about unrealistic things, then I'd love to be able to create large and elaborate accompanying dioramas for pretty much all of my eventual figures. In reality, I will likely have to settle for outdoor photography and/or the occasional backdrop. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I would make a thorough research and go after great artists on diorama, character creations, 3d printing, 1/6th sewing and painting and would try to learn as much as I could with them, and then would create a huge diorama going through some emblematic scenes from all Tomb Raider games, with all of her outfits, weapons and vehicles.
Of course that there would also be a diorama of her mansion, with an obstacle course.
I would then learn the art of photography and stop-motion to enjoy all of that to the fullest.

And if I could stretch a "bit" more, with all that knowledge, I would try to start a company to gather hobbyists there with a store and a space for events and exposition from all artists that would want to share their work, and also offer painting, sculpting, sewing and other classes... almost like a 1/6th university.

Welp, I'm a simple lobster, with simple dreams... Laughing

9what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:39 pm

davidd

davidd
Ovy's post pretty much covers everything that appeals to me, so I'll permanently move in to one of the several guest houses there at the Mediterranean mansion and play with Ovy's stuff. And maybe step through the portals to visit The Rev and the others once in a while
Wink

10what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:25 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:

Stryker -- that is one impressive diorama! The thing that struck me upon looking at it was just how *American* that town design is. Makes me rather nostalgic /homesick. :')
It's CGI though
http://www.gkissler.com/#/new-page/
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/38031

11what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:29 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
TravelGuide wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

It's CGI though
http://www.gkissler.com/#/new-page/
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/38031

Doesn't change the fact that it looks very American. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

12what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I like the idea of a multi level warehouse, I could finally build a standing version of Dinosaur Valley with all its lost and hidden temples. I could buy loads of Amazonian types and barbarians to inhabit it as lost tribes, long abandoned German vehicles lost to to time form past expeditions and of course Dinosaurs!! lots of dinosaurs!

In another part of the warehouse I could build the Ammo Arms interior and exterior, So more rooms inside, the frontage of the bar and the car park.
In fact what the heck, let's go the whole hog and build Camp BAM HQ with all its out buildings and roads.

A huge city landscape for battles with all figures! and of course not forgetting a whole floor dedicated to Star Wars type dios, space ships and he like!

Roll on that lottery win! lol! lol!

13what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:10 am

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
now those are some very cool ideas, i guess i'd start with an old mall or warehouse as well. always had an idea of a pulley system across some metal beams were you would "hang in there" as to not trample what you've build.

no longer being restrained by space i'd go for an as complete as possible fallout diorama, recreating every main city of fallout 1 and 2, vaults included. plus army building brotherhood of steel paladins. not to mention the mariposa vats chruning out mutants by the dozens.

i guess by the time i'd reach the enclave oil rig i could happily kick the bucket some 90 years of age Wink like the one italian building his own "cathedral" for some 40+ years.

not sure about the clone though, if he's anything like me we'd have a "shoot him, he's the clone...." standoff before to long Wink

14what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:16 am

blackpool

blackpool
Well... a dedicated room for sure (understand a warehouse), in which there would be a few manhattan city blocks and streets diorama, and a (censored) of vehicles, a wiiiiiiide range of cars from all my fav movies, but also a couple trains like the orient express, a few planes like a boeing 747...

Of course all this in crazy 3d printed quality, all functional and openable, with working lights, the limo dioramas lol

EDIT Those old german/dutch fellows always come to my mind when we talk about that... Remember their insane dioramas of ww2 n vietnam war made in their yards or in the woods? Hundreds of figs, gigantic compounds n vehicles...

15what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:03 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think Ovy's Idea of having all of our universes conected by portals is not bad, I could do with a vacation to a cold place once it gets too hot here. 😎

As for stuff I would want? Man what a though question, if we part from the premise that I have so much money I literally use it as napkins then why not a real life replica of San Cristobal castle? I could use the variety of rooms in that to build dioramas and all that. but let's put it in a neat little list of sorts

-Octopus arms, like extra arms, preferably mechanical not really sure if I want to sprout arms.
-A tank, any tank so I can go on joy rides in the mud and the like
-An army of 3d printers so that I can make stuff to give away
-A farm with a bunch of animals so that I can retire to it and take breaks away from stuff
-At least one suit of armor
-A tap dancing horse
-My own private island called PuertoBoobomb (Thanks Ovy) where I would put the fort, I would make sure to install a cannon that fires confetti for celebratory purposes

I think that would be it really.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! what would be your magnum opus ? 1f60e

16what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I mean technically a tap dancing horse is possible right now, you just need a Paso Fino!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2fcvTB-aO0

17what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
For me, I immediate think of three previously available sets of products, and then a range of fully custom figures/vehicles...

Regarding the previously commercially available products, I’d want the Hot Toys ‘89 Batmobile & ‘89 Batman figure. Then I’d want the Blitzway Ghostbusters figures and Ecto-1 1:6 scale vehicle! Lastly, I’d want the Hot Toys Back to the Future figures (Doc & Marty) plus the DeLorean time machine vehicle. Those would round out the publicly available items.

As far as custom, I’d love to do the vehicles from the 90’s TV series VIPER! From the custom designed Viper “Defender” vehicle, to the Viper RT/10 and GTS used as “street mode” in the varying seasons. It would also be nice to have all core characters featured in the show as well, from the 1994 season on NBC to the remaining three seasons featured on first run syndication. What a dream!! I actually have a website devoted to this series as it’s a big passion of mine, so it didn’t just come out of left field! Laughing

18what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
A full platoon of either Tiger I's or Stug IIIs, all RC'd, with an accompanying platoon or two of Panzergrenadiers and Sturmpioniers (probably from Grossdeutschland, since I already have a full section of GD Pioniers built out), done up in Kursk colors. And of course, a spare garage/carriage house where I could build a Kursk diorama to display them (at least 300 sq ft). Oh, I'd probably need a truck and trailer to transport them to tank meets so I could show them off, and I'll need to hire/recruit several operators to drive the three or four extra AFVs since I only have so many hands!

19what would be your magnum opus ? Empty Re: what would be your magnum opus ? Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:05 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So far, this has been a fun and enlightening thread of what people “dream could be.” I know my number one goal were I too win a MASSIVE amount of money on the lottery would be to purchase a private island, and fake mine and the wife’s deaths.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

what would be your magnum opus ? C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum