OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Probably not for everyone, but I like to combine Comic Book, Movie and even Animation looks for the best representation of the heroes IMHO. I'm thinking Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes. Please enjoy. Oh FYI. That hammer is the full key chain metal one. It's very heavy but this THOR handles in perfectly. I guess he's worthy.

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51193532151_8e29002931_bIMG_20210520_185105706 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51194594880_8dfa7f2b07_bIMG_20210520_185403334 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51193745498_72e6a3f484_bIMG_20210520_185839831 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51194303909_4840720658_bIMG_20210520_185957813 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51194144953_d82b3af308_bDSC09976 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51193930641_46262f19b6_bDSC09977 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51194992115_45858a30e4_bDSC09978 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51193222237_c7a5ff491c_bDSC09979 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 51194992070_08a6e8f856_bDSC09980 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is really impressive. What a massive physique. How did you manage to find that body loose, it had to cost a small fortune. Really cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:That is really impressive. What a massive physique. How did you manage to find that body loose, it had to cost a small fortune. Really cool.
thanks so much. I was blessed enough to find one at Big bad toy store for a reasonable price. I wasn't sure the body swap was going to work but to my surprise it did.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very well done. I like the combination, although I'm sure the nice realistic rendition of Chris Hemsworth's features plays a pretty big part of selling this appearance, since he really has made the role his. Like Stryker said, it cannot have been easy getting this huge body into these items of clothing, but you managed to do so very successfully. The whole gang looks great and ready to take on the villains, although I suppose "Black Widow" has looked better. Smile Just kidding, of course.

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks huge! but does look cool

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:Very well done. I like the combination, although I'm sure the nice realistic rendition of Chris Hemsworth's features plays a pretty big part of selling this appearance, since he really has made the role his. Like Stryker said, it cannot have been easy getting this huge body into these items of clothing, but you managed to do so very successfully. The whole gang looks great and ready to take on the villains, although I suppose "Black Widow" has looked better. Smile Just kidding, of course.
Thanks. I agree Chris has made that part his own. It will suck when and he stops playing the part. I've always said that "they just have not figured out these live action movies as they have the comic books, which can keep the same character for many many years because they never age. This is not a problem when dealing with action figures though. Plus the real heads, when done right, really complete the look of the hero.
BAMComix wrote:He looks huge! but does look cool

Mission accomplished, right? Thanks bro.

sandman1

sandman1
Great Job!!!
Love the look!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
This is mighty in all caps, seriously he really looks like a god now. And as you said it's a nice mix of everything, I've seen a few images of a Thor that looks like this.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Hot Toys Avengers: The Mighty THOR! Custom by AFM 1f60e

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
sandman1 wrote:Great Job!!!
Love the look!

Glad you like 'em

Theboo-bomb wrote:This is mighty in all caps, seriously he  really looks like a god now. And as you said it's a nice mix of  everything, I've seen a few images of a Thor that looks like this.

Thanks can cool you've seen others. Great minds, I guess.

blackpool

blackpool
wow that's super impressive!!! Indeed a mighty Thor!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
We've seen Thor's body-building evolution through the years, since the 1st WWE body and now this,
just keeps getting better and better!
The lumps on the arms reminded me of Neil Gaiman's depiction of Thor in DC Sandman series, I forgot the artist.

I hope TBL sees this and start making more superhero bodies, like what Worldbox has been churning out.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
rollotomasi wrote:We've seen Thor's body-building evolution through the years, since the 1st WWE body and now this,
just keeps getting better and better!
The lumps on the arms reminded me of Neil Gaiman's depiction of Thor in DC Sandman series, I forgot the artist.

I hope TBL sees this and start making more superhero bodies, like what Worldbox has been churning out.
LOL! I took a lot of heat for those early renditions of Thor. It's amazing that you remember. I am very happy with this final iteration. Thanks for the kind words and the walk down memory lane. I did learn quite a bit about customizing during all that work & time.

Kallor8

What body is that? I like your stuff, AFM2, I'm working on a Thor custom of my own right now and the sideshow "comic" inspired figure that I bought to use parts from is a real pain to work with but I'm hoping I have some success like your figures have come out. I bought an M34 for the project, hopefully it isn't way too small since I see most people going with the 35 for Thor projects.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kallor8 wrote:What body is that?  I like your stuff, AFM2, I'm working on a Thor custom of my own right now and the sideshow "comic" inspired figure that I bought to use parts from is a real pain to work with but I'm hoping I have some success like your figures have come out.  I bought an M34 for the project, hopefully it isn't way too small since I see most people going with the 35 for Thor projects.  

I will let AFM confirm it, but I believe it is the Wu Song body from this set:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/71342

Check out Valiarde's review:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3849-inflames-toys-ift029-review-and-artsy-pics

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Kallor8 wrote:What body is that?  I like your stuff, AFM2, I'm working on a Thor custom of my own right now and the sideshow "comic" inspired figure that I bought to use parts from is a real pain to work with but I'm hoping I have some success like your figures have come out.  I bought an M34 for the project, hopefully it isn't way too small since I see most people going with the 35 for Thor projects.  

With all the customs that I've done to make my Thor, I've gone through all of those bodies m34, M35 to the one you see now. I think your use of the m34 will work perfectly too.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:

I will let AFM confirm it, but I believe it is the Wu Song body from this set:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/71342

Check out Valiarde's review:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3849-inflames-toys-ift029-review-and-artsy-pics

You know your stuff my friend. That's exactly the body I used.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum