OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

possible new TBL chunky body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:58 pm

GeeWillikers

There is a bit of an optical illusion caused by perspective, but aside from that it's a little of both - the 'chunky' body's arms are a mite too short while the (what looks like an S07) body's arms are a mite too long.

It's only a matter of small degrees but TBL need to keep trying for a compromise.

As for if they'll release it, I think it's just an unfinalised prototype for the 38/39 (if not it's far too close to it to make sense), so it already is on the market.

Maybe just maybe, it's a refined second edition?

27possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:16 am

Cobratrooper11

GeeWillikers wrote:There is a bit of an optical illusion caused by perspective, but aside from that it's a little of both - the 'chunky' body's arms are a mite too short while the (what looks like an S07) body's arms are a mite too long.

It's only a matter of small degrees but TBL need to keep trying for a compromise.

As for if they'll release it, I think it's just an unfinalised prototype for the 38/39 (if not it's far too close to it to make sense), so it already is on the market.

Maybe just maybe, it's a refined second edition?

doesn't look like an S39, and i have one. looks like it is taller to some degree and even bulkier.

28possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:48 am

bunnyfreakz

That's fat body. Prolly some people will find it useful but defiinitelly not for me.

29possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:07 am

GeeWillikers

Cobratrooper11 wrote:doesn't look like an S39, and i have one. looks like it is taller to some degree and even bulkier.

It certainly doesn't look exactly like the finished 38/39, that's true (I've got four of them). And all the differences you've noted are definitely there (I noticed myself that it looks taller, a few posts back). It could be an early prototype for it that they've chosen to put on display, for whatever reason. Or, it could be a new bulked-up design tweak on the original issue in the same way the S23 was redesigned after a while. The head sculpt is certainly an improvement.

It does have it's own dedicated product card though, which must mean something. It would help if someone could translate that (if the characters are decipherable at that resolution).

Ohh, wait...maybe it's the mysterious 'missing' S40/41 model (which you'd assume would directly follow on from 38/39 but hasn't yet appeared) - a taller but bulkier 'caucasian' version of 38/39...?

It's all very puzzling, but whatever it is exactly I guess I'll take one if they release it.

30possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 am

csyeung

csyeung
GeeWillikers wrote:

It does have it's own dedicated product card though, which must mean something. It would help if someone could translate that (if the characters are decipherable at that resolution).

The first line using my google translate photo mode just says 1/6 seamless figure which i think is the same for all the bodies.

There is a number on this but it's 24 as opposed to different ones which have a 19 i see on one.

31possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
csyeung wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

The first line using my google translate photo mode just says 1/6 seamless figure which i think is the same for all the bodies.

There is a number on this but it's 24 as opposed to different ones which have a 19 i see on one.

Yeah it looks like (possibly) '2448' which doesn't really correlate with any TBL numbering system I know of. The S44/45 prototypes pictured above also have a '244(something)' number on their cards, but the 'Monthu' body in the same pic has no number at all, whatever that means...

I'm on board with the idea that this is possibly the as-yet unreleased S40/41 now, unless someone finds out different. So if it does get released I'm ready to buy at least one as a 'companion' body type to S38/39 (in fact I might even prefer this one).

32possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 am

csyeung

csyeung
I think the word after 24 translates to generation if I used my chinese dictionary right 代 (dài). So their 24th generation ?

33possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
csyeung wrote:I think the word after 24 translates to generation if I used my chinese dictionary right (Dai)

Ahhh, so that might imply that this body and the similarly-numbered 44/45 may be of similar generation, which might suggest that this 'bulkier' body is imminent...

This is fun. Laughing

34possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:40 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
It distracts me how pin-headed this body looks even with the presumably normal head that is shown on it in both pics -- so I agree with those expressing concern for finding a head if it came headless. Also it looks to me quite a level of plump (though still fit) above and beyond the existing bodies. I can't think of a character figure in the general TBL "warrior woman" mode that would use this, but it seems likely TBL may have an Egyptian Taweret in the works. If they wanted a body to suggest hippo while human and still sexy, this could be it.

35possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 am

Diana

Diana
Oh this is exciting! I really like how that new curvy yet toned body looks! I bet we'll see a boxed figure that'll show us exactly what they were thinking, when they thought this one up, so she seems very life like (at least for western standards), so it's not hard to even think of ladies in my life that I could recreate with this. If I wanted to. Which I don't.

But I am also VERY excited for those curvier 1/12 models!! If I can get those, I won't need this new 1/6, no matter how gorgeous she is (though the collector in me twitches at the thought).

36possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:46 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The mini 1/12 curvy figures do look interesting. Too bad I really can't get into collecting 1/12 at this point. ;p 

Agree that the 1/6 curvy body seems like it has too-short arms. Tbleague seems to struggle to get arm length right on some of their bodies. The recent petite ones (which are on display in the photos as well),  have arms that are, imo, a bit too short. 

Fingers crossed that is indeed the 'Viking woman' body pictured in that line up. It's hard to tell for sure with the weird bathing suit type thing its wearing. 

The smaller bust body with the seamless feet looks great, I'd probably do what gooboo does and convert it to regular feet. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

37possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Diana

Diana
I actually don't think the arms are all that short, but rather realistic, if you look where her hands are in relation to her hips:
possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Wbl40810

38possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It may just be the angle of the photo, or perhaps it just looks a bit odd beause of tbleague's extra thick wrists...

39possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:49 pm

Saturn

Saturn
For completeness, here are these pictures too:

possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 20103411
https://www.facebook.com/dragonsimcollection/photos/a.297964700310087/3821011798005342/?type=3
possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 19431610
https://www.facebook.com/dragonsimcollection/photos/a.297964700310087/3821011708005351/?type=3
possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 19331110
https://www.facebook.com/dragonsimcollection/photos/a.297964700310087/3821011781338677/?type=3

40possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:20 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Sadly the fact we're seeing these new bodies on show here doesn't necessarily mean they're going to get a full retail release, as the 'fat man' body TBL had on show a few years ago seems to prove.

skywalkersaga wrote:Fingers crossed that is indeed the 'Viking woman' body pictured in that line up. It's hard to tell for sure with the weird bathing suit type thing its wearing. 

That white one-piece is the same clothing that is included with an S42, whether or not that means anything (it could mean it's an unreleased detached-foot version of S42 which is very similar but not exactly the same body as VW).

It's a shame there aren't more details about the exhibits in the show, as some of the bodies on show in these pics seem to be unused (so far) seamless-footed versions of detached-foot models (and vice-versa) already out there, which is what made me think at first that this 'chunky' body might be an early unused prototype of the 38/39.

Diana wrote:I actually don't think the arms are all that short, but rather realistic, if you look where her hands are in relation to her hips:
possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Wbl40810

Even though it's probably impractical for them on a number of levels (limited articulation, skin tearing etc), at least one 'buxom' body with a more realistic 'thicker' waist like this lady's is what I'd really like TBL to try and produce.

41possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:36 am

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:
Even though it's probably impractical for them on a number of levels (limited articulation, skin tearing etc), at least one 'buxom' body with a more realistic 'thicker' waist like this lady's is what I'd really like TBL to try and produce.

I think this may be because Phicen is primarily producing and developing for the Asian market. As far as I can see, the thin, even anime-like bodies are popular there. Clothes and accessories are also mostly made for them. Fuller, stronger female bodies and clothing for them are also very rare. The S28/S29 and especially the S38/S39 were welcome exceptions, the question is whether they were financially successful.

42possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:02 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Saturn wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

I think this may be because Phicen is primarily producing and developing for the Asian market. As far as I can see, the thin, even anime-like bodies are popular there. Clothes and accessories are also mostly made for them. Fuller, stronger female bodies and clothing for them are also very rare. The S28/S29 and especially the S38/S39 were welcome exceptions, the question is whether they were financially successful.

Yeah, agreed. As for if the plumper bodies are selling well, at close to half a dozen of each (and counting) in my collection, I'm doing my bit. Laughing

43possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am

brassco

brassco
too chunky for me. I wish they make slimmer type, tall but slim, with A-B cups, and standard neck/wrist/ankles joint.

44possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeW -- yes, it did occur to me that some of these are simply earlier prototypes that were perhaps since altered and/or may never actually be released. 

I still really wish tbleague would put out some new/different male bodies, as well. :/

45possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Phicen clothes

Phicen clothes
csyeung wrote:possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 13162510

OOO!!! What a gorgeous woman!!! Shocked Very Happy

https://www.instagram.com/phicen_exotic_clothes/

46possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I still really wish tbleague would put out some new/different male bodies, as well. :/

Oh, we definitely need some of those.
Saturn wrote:

Aside from desperately needing to produce more non-caucasian bodies of all genders, I'd like to see TBL make a shorter more 'average' version of the M36 at far left, next. The width and shape of that whole upper torso looks almost realistic in comparison with the others. Smile

If they were to simply mix and match the best aspects of M36 and say, M31 in one body, and put out an AA version of M33, that might just shut me up about their male bodies for a year or so.

47possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:12 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Saturn wrote:

Which body is the one more on the right? Is it the M30? Wasn't M30 lighter than the other male bodies? I liked their proportions, though I'd like it to be a tiny bit less bulky, almost a M33.

48possible new TBL chunky body - Page 2 Empty Re: possible new TBL chunky body Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Diana

Diana
FreakinLobster wrote:Which body is the one more on the right? Is it the M30? Wasn't M30 lighter than the other male bodies? I liked their proportions, though I'd like it to be a tiny bit less bulky, almost a M33.
I think so, too. I really like the proportions in this picture. If only he wasn't so short. I'm worried he'd look too small next to my S23B and S17B amazons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum