OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Micro Six Guns repaints

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Micro Six Guns repaints Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:07 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
These are Micro Six Guns pieces.
Micro Six Guns repaints 51295266512_432832a848_c
Micro Six Guns repaints 51297019035_5b0c8a247c_c
Decently detailed, fully static (zero moving parts) and not very well painted. The paint on the rifle chipped off in a couple places with the touch of a fingernail.

Very obvious and jarring mould lines in a couple spots, most noticeably on the underside of the revolver's grip, and the side of the rifle's stock.

So I got to work.
Micro Six Guns repaints 51297019050_0da4e3ae05_b
I shaved down the mould lines as best I could, trimming off what I'm guessing were supposed to be the sling mounts from the under side of rifle, which the real deal didn't actually have. Then trimmed off the sling ring from the chamber body as well. I remade a sling ring using some bent paper clip.

I wanted to go for a blackened steel/brassy styled look.
Micro Six Guns repaints 51296012531_07f451e7e6_c

For the revolver I was going to go for a silver look but toned it back down last minute to a basic gun metal.

Micro Six Guns repaints 51297019020_b5c79e649f_c

I'll be dusting off my paper towel and tape to make a holster for the Colt, I think, as well.

2Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
Nice work. Especially the wood grain (which is hard to replicate).

3Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:26 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot! I really have fun doing wood grain work.

4Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is really well done. Excellent detailing on the reprints.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Micro Six Guns repaints C8485110

5Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work and improvement on these weapons.

6Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:25 am

Chip

Nicely re - worked . Have you done a tutorial of how you approach reconstructing the wood work ?

7Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:18 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot guys!

Chip, I've done some on my Instagram. I did some digging and found one I put up here, too.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3393-weapon-repaints#44435

8Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
You just got a new IG follower! Very Happy

9Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Chip

Cheers P.M

10Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:26 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, gorgeous paintwork and weathering as always. Your wood grain effects are incredible!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:56 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Appreciate it a lot folks, thank you Smile

12Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really great detailing on the wood grain, the repaint does these pieces justice, great work with getting the metal looking so good too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Micro Six Guns repaints 1f60e

13Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They look amazing, really nice work Very Happy

14Micro Six Guns repaints Empty Re: Micro Six Guns repaints Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:32 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot guys! These turned out alright Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum