OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 28]

shovelchop81

I guess I won't be using a ready made WWK crown then!! affraid

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 TIGZe1i

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
LOL, well... it was a 1:1 crown! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
The details on the bracers is a nice touch, and the scabbards and swords turned out great. Yikes on that eBay listing.

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, well... it was a 1:1 crown! Smile

It's actually 1/4 scale, a 1:1 scale version is only around £200, speaking of which (er.. no pun intended) I found this full size Witch King Of Agmar battle helmet! I am so getting this!! No idea where to put it...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124899150248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Stryker2011 wrote:The details on the bracers is a nice touch, and the scabbards and swords turned out great. Yikes on that eBay listing.

Thanks Stryker! Should be doing the weathering soon.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Sanded the head down and repainted it grey then white with the hands as well, somehow missed some bubble holes but between the crown and the hair to be added later I doubt it will be noticeable. Made an outer, outer tunic, glued the material in a couple of key places then went to town with the scissors making it all ragged. Started the colouring/weathering (ethereal look) with watered down blue ink and a tiny bit of white paint then vigorously scrubbed with water and a brush to disperse the colour as much as possible, letting it dry now. There's no science behind this and I'm experimenting to be honest, I'll do the same again with watered down grey made from black ink and a little white paint. The robes are still adjustable but spread out now to help with drying as he's a bit wet!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 KTzd5B2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Q2tDfug

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 QMSGlxn

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 SeWXYqH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Lwp4pyJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 WXdpkfw

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Dpbn3or

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VEy0I5I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 OLmGwua

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 G5iBdad

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 AqLs19p

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 N8oeHQw

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 5BNc6MU

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job. Seeing him like this, it reminds me of our turkey vultures trying to dry out after a wet night by perching on the streetlights and assuming the heraldic eagle position. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice job. Seeing him like this, it reminds me of our turkey vultures trying to dry out after a wet night by perching on the streetlights and assuming the heraldic eagle position. Smile

With a name like turkey vulture that has got to be one fugly bird!! I thought you were in the UK? I didn't think there were vultures over here. I saw a Peregrine Falcon in my solarium doorway a couple of meters from me a few months ago which was awesome! Anyway.. done the second coat of white on the hs and hands (first coat didn't take too well, got absorbed by the grey) and just finished applying the grey ink wash to all the robes, it's wet now so might dry a bit lighter. Pics with and without flash. Painted the buttons/studs white too. I'll go over that not so invisible PVA glue with a grey marker or paint later.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 RhDE70w

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 54ETU7P

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 KQZ9MRO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Io8Ekxv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 GlJTrer

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 KNvw8Vl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 S0Wvfmr

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 JnZmnaZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 DlLde5B

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 977klew

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 XEvQBKI

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan lives in California....

And yes, turkey vultures are pretty fugly....  A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 1f605

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Turkey-vulture-c7fed606a6844f4395ade7c82128e11a

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:GubernatorFan lives in California....

And yes, turkey vultures are pretty fugly....  

Good to know! And not as horrendous looking as I'd imagined lol!

Started painting the face and hands for a corpse/ghost like look, not done yet obviously.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 WUDFReL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 GeKLPf3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Ce5BPnl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 YrwTMQu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 EGl4jhG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 SXeTNOp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 CXc2je6

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 SVfMzJy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 P7g0IJH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 3XDW2JJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Apq8P9I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 ZtN9nnJ

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to say, Sky's turkey vulture was actually relatively cute... for a turkey vulture. Smile I have rarely seen them nearby (same with the falcons). At a former place of residence, there was a nest cam for a family of peregrine falcons in a clock tower, so I guess I have seen those virtually. But anyway...

Nice work. I imagine the purple will appear faintly as an under-layer in the skin.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice work. I imagine the purple will appear faintly as an under-layer in the skin. wrote:

Not sure how 'faintly' as the original mask was more colourful than some of the the movie tribute statues and figures like Asmus etc.. unless this is a fan's cosplay outfit?

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 G6RXKtJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 AeYzfK7

Bust:

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 F8a4uAk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 B6qjSZe

Statue:

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 HJScPQ9

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The purple looks good to me Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:The purple looks good to me Wink

Thank you SWS so do I! In fact purple is my favourite true colour along with black of course but those of us who went to art school (pre degree year) will remember it's only a shade and not a colour! Shocked Did any of you guys ever have to paint from scratch pizza sized colour wheels showing the complete colour range, its convergence (colour into colour) and shading graduation from white to black on every variation? I did and never want to do it again!!Evil or Very Mad
Anyway... I feel like I've been partly around that wheel tonight trying all kinds of combos for the head and hands painted look, getting there, looks a bit like MR Freeze right now but I'll try adding some super faint warmer skin tone here and there with perhaps a grey or black wash? Then details like eyes nails etc.. Probably could do with a gloss coat too...to give him a slimy feel.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Rmwtv5c

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 7h1bNUS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 PZmQhbx

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Mr Freeze? Funny, I just reviewed SooSoo Toys' Frozen Man (i.e., Iceman), although I do realize these are completely different characters in different universes. Either way, I guess winter is coming! Smile

He is definitely coming along. I like what you've done with the colors. One thing I noticed and I hope will be helpful rather than hateful is the chin. Looking at the last couple of reference photos, it looks like it should jut a little more forward than it currently does (otherwise the pointy shape is appropriate). Perhaps better to notice that now than at the end?

That art school experience sounds absolutely painful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work on all the weathering, and the repaint on the head and hands — spooky. That underlying purple is very effective.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Mr Freeze? Funny, I just reviewed SooSoo Toys' Frozen Man (i.e., Iceman), although I do realize these are completely different characters in different universes. Either way, I guess winter is coming! Smile

He is definitely coming along. I like what you've done with the colors. One thing I noticed and I hope will be helpful rather than hateful is the chin. Looking at the last couple of reference photos, it looks like it should jut a little more forward than it currently does (otherwise the pointy shape is appropriate). Perhaps better to notice that now than at the end?

That art school experience sounds absolutely painful.

Good catch on the chin! I'd just been going with what the reject mould gave me aside from some obvious mods, I'll see if I can carve it in rather than sculpt as that would be easier at the moment as I'd just declared the head done ( Sad pale ) after repainting it all day! LOL. I actually want to do a bit more work on the mouth's paint and maybe sponge a little bit of white here and there.
I'll check out your review too!

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent work on all the weathering, and the repaint on the head and hands — spooky. That underlying purple is very effective.

Cheers! Done a lot more paint since then and introduced a more complete but subtler purple presence in the overall paint job. Decided to give him the tiny gold pupils as they will make the figure 'pop' on the shelf and not just blend in with the other wraiths from LOTR (not The Hobbit ones). Decided also to keep the finger nails a bone like colour. I still need to do some 'blending' with the colours, the dark purple is contrasting too much right next to the lighter skin tones.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VDntMI1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Mc9RPHh

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VWQ12Be

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 EaX9QzV

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 HrzKgdL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 GcaIBQx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Od33SsA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 IFryVEd

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 GdUDlUK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 MBNi85r

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 WS5KWqR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VxwlL6N

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Zzcyy0b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He is really coming together now. The detail is excellent. But you're right, the purple color has become too vibrant, it needs to be dulled a little, maybe closer to what you had in the previous stage.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Would some kind of light brown wash help take the edge off the purple?

(And purple is my fave colour, too.... :'D )

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He is really coming together now. The detail is excellent. But you're right, the purple color has become too vibrant, it needs to be dulled a little, maybe closer to what you had in the previous stage.

skywalkersaga wrote:Would some kind of light brown wash help take the edge off the purple?

(And purple is my fave colour, too.... :'D )

Yeah, I have some muddier purples that are actually part of a large skin tone range I bought yonks ago, I used one of them in those earlier paint pics of the hs and plan to do the same again to soften the pure violet ink.

Okay, sword hilts now white but the big change was resculpting the lower half of the hs and giving it a full repaint too. I'll make you suffer through the process as I did lol! Wink Twisted Evil

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 ODKCFe5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VDsZKRH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 WnyDwoX

STARTED WITH A DREMMEL AND FILES ETC.. THEN BUILT UP A NEW MOUTH LOWER DOWN AND THE NARROWER CLEFT CHIN WITH A MIX OF MILLIPUT AND WHITE FILLER PASTE, THEN SANDING FILING ETC.. AND LOTS OF DIFFERENT PAINT TECHNIQUES.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 CNNxZHl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 JjlxTdB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 6cQA4Af

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 K0Hkdai

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 A3vMhpq

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 JnI7bU8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 QXaGlHY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 2MYMm1w

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Pyj4EOJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 EPHo0I7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 PpPjWp8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 YbjFVYl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 IrH92Wx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 8hvXZcO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 AeryqNK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 VLakV68

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 KHQIEfd

JUST NEEDS SOME GLOSS CLEAR NOW THEN HAIR AND THE DREADED CROWN.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the trouble was worth it. It is a more accurate and very expressive sculpt.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I think the trouble was worth it. It is a more accurate and very expressive sculpt.

Cheers GTF! I'm still tempted to widen his cheek bones a bit and recess the sides of his jaw line a bit more... it's a bugger trying to work on transparent resin as you can't really see what you're doing or the result of any mods until you add paint...aargh! And it's a complicated paint job so not exactly easy to 'touch up' just a single modded area... Crying or Very sad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers GTF! I'm still tempted to widen his cheek bones a bit and recess the sides of his jaw line a bit more... it's a bugger trying to work on transparent resin as you can't really see what you're doing or the result of any mods until you add paint...aargh! And it's a complicated paint job so not exactly easy to 'touch up' just a single modded area... Crying or Very sad

I feel your pain. When you mix colors, unless you paint it all at once, you are likely to have a very hard time matching. But in this instance, the more layers you end up having the more realistic? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers GTF! I'm still tempted to widen his cheek bones a bit and recess the sides of his jaw line a bit more... it's a bugger trying to work on transparent resin as you can't really see what you're doing or the result of any mods until you add paint...aargh! And it's a complicated paint job so not exactly easy to 'touch up' just a single modded area... Crying or Very sad

I feel your pain. When you mix colors, unless you paint it all at once, you are likely to have a very hard time matching. But in this instance, the more layers you end up having the more realistic? Smile

I've got it down to a formula now: Grey spray primer, white spray gloss, dirty violet ink wash, sky blue dry sponge work, matte white dry sponge work, dirty violet ink wash again, brown purple for shadows, violet ink for cervices, matte black for details, clear gloss over everything. It just gets a bit repetitive and long winded when you've already done it a few times!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I bet it does. But we are perfectionists, aren't we? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I bet it does. But we are perfectionists, aren't we? Smile

Or masochists! Smile

Dremmelled out the lower jaw and where the cheeks would be, sharpened and widened the cheek bones using Milliput to give him a more emaciated look like in the statues etc.. He looked too healthy before! LOL. Waiting for the stuff to cure, will probably start on the crown in the meantime.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 NxnZfFD

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 QYPlH0Z

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 2y06eAx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 XiZLFuF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Hj51zpM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 IFjvrYe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Aljo0rI

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 I4EBbxZ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive amount of work on that head. Hard to believe that started out as a recast of Red Skull.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
When the head was transparent I had no idea that it wasn't actually representing this character. Then you painted it and gave it a nose, but now it really looks like him.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive amount of work on that head. Hard to believe that started out as a recast of Red Skull.

GubernatorFan wrote:When the head was transparent I had no idea that it wasn't actually representing this character. Then you painted it and gave it a nose, but now it really looks like him.

Well it is/was a quite deformed casting, sort of squished and stretched but luckily in a symmetrical way keeping all the features aligned and not something out of the Hellraiser franchise for example!LOL.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 6QREYlf

A REMINDER OF THE ORIGINAL HS THE CASTING WAS TAKEN FROM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 FiIBuf5

WHY I WANTED A CAST MADE, TO CREATE AN ORIGINAL SITH SPECIES WARRIOR FROM THE OLD REPUBLIC DAYS IN STAR WARS HISTORY, NOT MY BEST WORK BUT DOES THE JOB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 B3Ed4Yx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 YAR63X3

I NOTICED SOME SIMILARITES FROM THE SITH TO THE WITCH KING LIKE THE CHEEK BONES, BROW RIDGES ETC..
ANYWAY, WWK NOW RESCULPTED AND PAINTED, NEEDS GLOSS. HAS MORE OF A PUNISHER SKULL SHAPED FACE NOW.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 ZsWz6ck

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 RwcSZ1x

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 PdCJL3d

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 76pvJMz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 F5unLol

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Brain's been thinking way too much today! Actually realised the Wraith from Star Gate Atlantis must have been inspired by this character and his minions, even the name is a bit of a give away and the dates LOTR1 2001 and SGA S1 2004. I kept looking at my sculpt of the WWK after I finished gluing the hair (a mix of white and very light blond) and thinking "that looks a lot like one of my first ever sculpts" which was of the SGA Wraith, " have I not improved in all this time?"; then it hit me, they're supposed to look similar! Shocked Pic of my 15 year old (the customs not the characters!) Wraiths below for comparison, both franchises are all about 'magical' rings too! Wink . The hair's not finished completely, it's a bit thick so I'll thin it out a bit, whish I had those special scissors.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 1FnQLOs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 Nmux8rY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 W9x9lsA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 OpEAhWn

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 3mQseJ1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 LL5vypG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 E1TGM8N

I'VE ALSO BEEN LOOKING AT THESE PARTS AND THINKING "HOW ACCURATE DOES THIS BLOODY CROWN HAVE TO BE? AND WHY HAS NO ONE MADE A CHEAP STEEL OR PEWTER RING OF ONE I CAN BUY CHEAP ON EBAY!"

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 IoPY60n

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 10 GHZZx2n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum