OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 28]

shovelchop81

Detailing continues both with real mail and the crown. Found some ravens the right size to cast multiple copies of their heads to be the birds heads depicted on the crown. Did the latex thing again but with a bit of improv this time, since the beaks are long making the moulds narrow and deep, getting the latex at the bottom to cure was becoming a pain in the arse. I solved that by putting the plasticine containing the latex casts into a frying pan and then heated it up very carefully on my gas stove for about 10 seconds then after turning the gas off I left it in the hot pan which had heated up the plasticine (stinks a bit) still in it to keep 'cooking off' the latex curing it. You see the difference in the results, the short stubby useless castings are the ones I peeked at pulling the latex back a bit to find it wasn't curing properly at the bottom, the good casts are the results of the undisturbed castings that were forced to cure properly with the frying pan trick I just invented! pirat

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 QN6mkf3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 2CwU5hQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 1KItZmR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 JVzDicP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 Rf1Rdcz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 KCQAhwQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 U46hk4f

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 MvzozsU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 SEbSUQ7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 U3FVa3L

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 Q2KMW8N

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 CzlGben

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 QOd2hJi

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 1WI9AIP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 MVxbETz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 G0a7HK2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 Jig3lOc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 YAtPrGt

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Still pretty inventive! Smile I would not have thought of casting realistic raven heads, but that is definitely a viable solution. The crown is already coming along nicely, and I'm sure the painting will tie it together in the end.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Still pretty inventive! Smile I would not have thought of casting realistic raven heads, but that is definitely a viable solution. The crown is already coming along nicely, and I'm sure the painting will tie it together in the end.

Cheers! I think they are meant to be Celtic stylised vultures but ravens are carrion eaters too so works for me as I don't have any baby Celtic vultures lying around and didn't think to sculpt any Evil or Very Mad  Did you like my frying pan curing solution? Wink

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Did you like my frying pan curing solution? Wink

Absolutely!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All the pictures finally showed up for me. Awesome work on the chain mail and that crown is really looking incredible.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That crown is looking amazing, the undead details are also really cool. He's shaping up very well.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:All the pictures finally showed up for me. Awesome work on the chain mail and that crown is really looking incredible.

I forget you're stuck with slow broadband, must be a nightmare for an admin!! And thanks for your patience and encouraging words.

Theboo-bomb wrote:That crown is looking amazing, the undead details are also really cool. He's shaping up very well.

Thanks TBB! Getting there!

Nearly done now, I glued on the birds' heads and new Celtic patterns to his cheek guards, then painted it all matt black primer, then gold; gave him a beard and hair using different types of fake hair. Might add some of those weird knotted patterns to his cloak using laces etc.. then some major weathering needs to be done with scissors and paint! I'll make his hair a bit more 'icky' and ink wash his armour, crown etc.. Need to make his eyes milky too.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 GE7vBm0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 VkfrL7l

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 IIu33dr

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 B7x7NcI

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 Zj8dmPW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 HCuWXBj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 QjkMEKE

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 8dVAEcu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 LpNhjsb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 WaOR36j

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 IBFzhBp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 WJeohfP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 LB8nlEs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 H8QPeQo

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah. That is really cool looking. The scraggly hair and beard, and the crown are wicked. It already has a finished look to it, but I understand your need to go further.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 28 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work. I agree with Mark, it looks almost done. They always come together so nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum