OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 28]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That should be really cool. Hopefully you’re right about the size.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice progress, and exciting new build on the horizon.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

Very cool really, that torch is looking really good. The uruk and his clothes and helmet is also spot on.

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That should be really cool. Hopefully you’re right about the size.

Cheers! Hopefully but at the end of the day he's a magical(?!) King and leaders tend to be tall anyway... pirat I'll probably only be using parts incorporated into a regular body, think Zombie builds.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice progress, and exciting new build on the horizon.

Cheers GTF! Ordered another bag of mail for it too.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Very cool really, that torch is looking really good. The uruk and his clothes and helmet is also spot on.

Thanks TBB! I'm hoping to get the 'torch' to light up as well, but it's not regular flames because it's burning black powder, more like a very big sparkler!! Twisted Evil

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Built an LED system with power source that is enclosed inside the igniter's body which is sealed around it because who ever changes the batteries in their figures? Evil or Very Mad As an owner of a stupid amount of HT and custom built Iron Man figures I can tell you I never have, the lights are nice for taking pics of the finished builds or a new figure but rarely get used again (except for EL wire stuff that has an external power source with normal batteries and an accessible on/off switch). This will simulate the black powder (could be thermite I suppose) flaring white/blue hot as per the movie (I guess it was more dramatic than lighting a fuse but too wet for both in reality lol). I'll be cutting up the translucent Star Wars 'hologram' base to use for this effect covering the LED.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 WcVtgUN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 L1mX6eR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 C0VSrsF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 RPCDtA3

SWITCH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 G3iHeRZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DKOjYPO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 GOYFVH1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Kj8DkVW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 UKvoKCy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ZYfhtyb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 1jJNKrC

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 D7sDoH4

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool work and effect. I recognize the visual continuity with other Middle Earth baddies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That torch is going to be so cool all lit up. Awesome stuff, Alex. Where will you hid that switch?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That torch is going to be so cool all lit up. Awesome stuff, Alex. Where will you hid that switch?

Isn't that the switch, in the base of the torch's crown in a couple of the shots?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, yeah. You’re right. Good eye.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool work and effect. I recognize the visual continuity with other Middle Earth baddies.

Cheers GTF! What generally spikey and flamey? Wink Well you need to praise the costume and prop designers for that.

Stryker2011 wrote:That torch is going to be so cool all lit up. Awesome stuff, Alex. Where will you hid that switch?

GubernatorFan wrote:

Isn't that the switch, in the base of the torch's crown in a couple of the shots?

Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, yeah. You’re right. Good eye.

You had me laughing there Stryker! Laughing I obviously hid it VERY well even with the pictures titled 'SWITCH' and using a macro camera setting! lol! pirat

Painted the body up with a mix of primers and black matte top coat but have yet to finish the painting to make it rusting iron. I cut, Dremelled, sawed the translucent base up to fit together like jigsaw bits and avoid the spikes while still completely covering the LED. Gluing them was a nightmare, super glue wouldn't work (no idea why) so mixed it with Revell model kit glue (both clear transparent glues which is what I wanted) but that wouldn't cure properly either scratch so I had to use Bison glue (translucent but has a yellow hue) with super glue to finally get the stupid plastic to bond but now it's not a transparent bond so I've been scraping away at the glue as much as I dare to minimise the effect on the lighting feature. Took quite a while for something I thought would be simple but I'm not in a rush and it's starting to look the part.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Bj5dHAE

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 2S90hhZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 LxJQxJp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ITjcD2x

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 4uqgNA3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 K0chpel

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 LvtCKFg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 C7PoGH5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 SilzkUH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 CCfooxJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 JY9gxpN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Bl7sR2W

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 HTGKwyv

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very creative solution!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks gorgeous! Sorry about your troubles with the glue, but glad to see you surmount them. As for the continuity of baddie design, I mean the pairs (or double pairs) of spikes -- like the wraith king's crown, or the tower of Mordor, or this torch, etc.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Very creative solution!

Cheers! It's kind of like a very stumpy lightsabre! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks gorgeous! Sorry about your troubles with the glue, but glad to see you surmount them. As for the continuity of baddie design, I mean the pairs (or double pairs) of spikes -- like the wraith king's crown, or the tower of Mordor, or this torch, etc.

Ah good point (pun?) ! I wonder if they represent the cardinal points on a map? Indicating Sauron's plan to spread in every direction?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is so cool. Well done.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That is so cool. Well done.

Thank you sir!

I've maximised the light by using silver foil and built up the thermite looking reaction by jigsawing more cut up base pieces together, I've done the paint for it and just need to add some white cushion stuffing to make the prominent smoke it gives off in the movie. I've worked on the sword hilt too, slimming it down more, adding grooves then covering it with very thin real leather, gave it a skull crusher pommel too.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 8R5guY3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 6hzOjNg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 A7z69zf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DycmQnt

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 YrZePm4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 IVw5qzc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Wo5cfqL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Iyrv5Qz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 TeYh68i

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 N1gboqe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DNR5Qq8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 6hmX2C3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 TaTnUua

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 FlFHnyg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 LMGTFj7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 YzaobW6

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 G7zdC2M

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 6fMDMR9

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ChSmLLV

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work. I love what you have done with the torch. I wouldn't go too far in emulating the iron oxide burning, lest I burn down the house with all your treasures. The torch effect is beautiful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. That turned out amazing. It’ll be interesting to see with the smoke effect added.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice work. I love what you have done with the torch. I wouldn't go too far in emulating the iron oxide burning, lest I burn down the house with all your treasures. The torch effect is beautiful.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. That turned out amazing. It’ll be interesting to see with the smoke effect added.

Thanks guys! Don't worry GTF, I don't even allow candles in my house...which is kind of weird since it's sort of haunted house/castle theme with a dollop of bloody terrible Victorian craftmanship! LOL.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Decided to go with light grey smoke rather than white, maybe I'll stick a little bit of white at the bottom near the conflagration to show the intensity of the heat. I'm liking the shape of the smoke, gives it a bit of life without being too distracting/invasive. More work on the sword done (seriously this sword would be pretty useless in battle, you can't do any thrusts and those spikes are bound to get stuck in everything! From victims to any wood around, I think they were inspired by the Indian Rajput Khandas that were designed (like the Great Sword) to be continuously swung in circles and figures of eight to defend/protect a leader/king against multiple opponents or break through lines.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 AsMlHDb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 YKFogR7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 TatgqeW

AN ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS KHANDA SWORD!!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 5IgHefk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 D3HxhLi

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DnrwtxF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 9f6zrxS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 XZuUTqb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 FY3F3Q8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 QoGjXtI

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DyoqDeZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 IQQZPA8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 U8Hmd9g

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 HNpo5G2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 EOojeJH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 NFFYcKX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 1r64PxX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 36WwT7o

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 WBReNG6

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 IS2AEv4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 MprALoo

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That smoke effect is pretty cool. I wonder if thinning it out a bit more would allow the light up effect to show through more of it…? Most large swords like that weren’t really meant for stabbing as much as the weight was designed to help with overall cleaving and hacking.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting work (and thoughts) on the sword. At first sight I was skeptical about the cotton smoke effect (although cotton is the first thing that came to my mind as a possibility), but looking at the more finished photos of it in the Berserker's hand, I think the whole thing works beautifully. This is probably my favorite as far as the smoke is concerned: hNpo5G2
A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 HNpo5G2

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That smoke effect is pretty cool. I wonder if thinning it out a bit more would allow the light up effect to show through more of it…? Most large swords like that weren’t really meant for stabbing as much as the weight was designed to help with overall cleaving and hacking.

The white under the grey stuffing to get more light expansion is something I was also planning (see above) kind of works (see below).
As for very large swords not meant for stabbing I'll have to disagree, although easier to swing, they mostly have pointed tips for a reason unlike a machete for example; my zweihander/Great Sword that's as tall as me has a very sharp tip and cuts off fresh juicy small branches at the tip although I don't tend to stab trees and bushes it would be fine doing it. You can see the size of it next to me and then next to a Japanese naginata polearm, also there are pics of my huge nagamaki sword and o'dachi sword, the Japanese equivalents of European Great Swords which have the same shape as katanas including the sharp tanto/chisel tips  used for stabbing. I know it's only a fantasy movie sword but they got almost everything else right functionally, still looks cool though, it also cuts! (see below).

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 FJusJCW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 UdgLwvM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 6DekaHY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 H6zl6Lp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 34kUqQ5

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting work (and thoughts) on the sword. At first sight I was skeptical about the cotton smoke effect (although cotton is the first thing that came to my mind as a possibility), but looking at the more finished photos of it in the Berserker's hand, I think the whole thing works beautifully. This is probably my favorite as far as the smoke is concerned: hNpo5G2

Thank you GTF, played around with the smoke effect as I was telling Stryker. I also did a bunch of stuff for Lurtz, making new greaves, a larger bow etc..
I hardened the edges of the Berserker sword with super glue then filed it down before repainting, I noticed it was getting quite sharp and keeping an edge so for fun I tried cutting some newspaper with it, it worked! Paper cutting paper! Keeps on doing it too, made a video of it but no sound on imgur, was just me waffling about what it was made of and what it's actually for since I posted the original video on Facebook.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 PGuFdrp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Ovk0sbB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 M7fmh9o

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 KVgg4Eu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 QFwtacx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 QvJumYj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 CwyaXI3

BOW STUFF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 4j9mqhn

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 WsazEdc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 PIdm2uG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 1aXtQAg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 KhCFCve

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DaizheK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 FyMM2BY

SWORD STUFF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 M7P8ult

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 G9KOz9I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ZxDdykS

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'll upload the video of it cutting paper to You Tube tomorrow, can't be arsed now, stupid imgur had me fooled there!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice progress, I take it work on those greaves, etc., continues.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice progress, I take it work on those greaves, etc., continues.

Yup, lots of darkening to do on the raw Uruk-Hai steel since it was never polished after being oil quenched and tempered, prone to rust as well due to no paint.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That torch is impressive. And the weapons are really coming along nicely.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That torch is impressive. And the weapons are really coming along nicely.

Thank you very much Stryker! I got a brand new PC for the first time in 20 years (others were bodges and skip finds, basically the same PCs constantly Frankensteined) but can't find hard drive adapters, so I'll be spending most of the day turning my storage room upside-down trying to find the right cables if I even have them...yay..

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just some random stuff here, finished Lurtz after giving him cranial surgery to remove the 'Yeti' like bump on his head under his real hair which involved a lot of super glue and a hacksaw, forgot to take a 'before' pic from the front of his head but just trust me, his hair lies flatter now on the crown of his hs.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 TcthbNg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Qo8464g

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 5oIz4YQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Cl5c8lT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Pc0B326

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 WUJSZZv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 NQr4UGb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Z5oCeEf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 KnFZwsT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 KkljDvK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 I9ZwP28

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 EjH6LCz

I also had my Asmus Eomer figure arrive today. I was annoyed when first unboxing him, his face and hair were literally falling off!! The rubber waist strap pegs are useless, so useless I don't know how they thought they would work for anything as I can't even work out what they were for! Thread was hanging from his tunic and his hair looked frazzled, the 'mail' is a bit rubbish and the spear's shaft is literally a souvlaki stick... I starting regretting buying him TBH and thought I'd do a better job of my own by making a custom one using the armour etc.. from the 12" Toy Biz one with real brass mail etc.. Anyway after gluing straps, face, hair line, rearranging straps that had been assembled wrong I've now got him looking pretty good and I'm feeling a lot better about buying him, still needs a sepia wash over his armour and belts to bring out the details though. So next step is to give him a horse, typically his horse 'Firehoof' has the most complicated coloured hair I've ever seen on a horse!! I think it's called piebald or something like that, basically grey with white spots, feet and face. The saddle rig I have from a smaller horse actually looks quite Rohirran in style already by complete coincidence.

PROBLEMS OUT OF THE BOX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 DiunHZ5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 UVQbVjv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Q0gTmA3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 VQ6SQXv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 RX7RKlm

DONOR HORSE FOR FIREHOOF PROJECT (AT SOME POINT)

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ShuSXdk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 IZM0EhN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 GBuWgIJ

EOMER TIDIED UP AND MOUNTED

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 1ez0h4e

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 NedGxHm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 K6zPqsR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 TyHHije

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Qf4C08R

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Yk2rh9g

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 Xl79dU8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 ZvB0MuZ

FIREHOOF REFERENCE PICS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 65EM2LY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 3gECccQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 CYhMVe8

EVEN WETA STATUES DIDN'T PAINT THE HORSE'S HAIR COLOUR PATTERN!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 MkBidVA

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Beautiful, that torch is amazing. I always thought the sword was used to pull shields or something.... but I never saw them doing that, or at least not that I remember.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 23 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum