OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 28]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That is coming along nicely. I love the green wash (is it also glow in the dark paint?).

Cheers Stryker! No glow in the dark paint yet, that will go on last as it's clear. Done a bit more purple work with a paint marker but it's going to be a lengthy process to get the depth of colour and mottled skin colours I want.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 XXnCldx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AZAalf7

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, coming along very well. Perked right up after the primer layer was replaced with bone and even blue coloring. Got some Skeletor vibes, too. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, coming along very well. Perked right up after the primer layer was replaced with bone and even blue coloring. Got some Skeletor vibes, too. Smile

Thanks GTF! Done more pen painting, looks like 'The Grateful Dead' for now! LOL but these are the 'under colours'.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ONKKhKc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 1Ez4whs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 SBAZEZn

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 KyR43kz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MHV8fdl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MPc0o6j

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NFJ9rz8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 DARmXqm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AkqHIZ9

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 YfJCHQu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Il_1588xN.1418349150_nmw6

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very intricate.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very intricate.
The poster or the paint? LOL, both I guess. Just made the huge mistake of watching some Grateful Dead music for the first time (I guess they never made it as big in Europe), bloody hell, they're terrible!! A cross between The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett but somehow worse... I guess you need to drop some acid before you can have your brain distorted enough to appreciate them... At least they chose a great artist for their posters/album covers even if it is all a bit too bright and rainbow like for me but my figure still makes me think of stuff like ths.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Skeleton+paisley+Chris+O+Leary?format=1500w

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I meant the appearance of the color effects on the figure.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I meant the appearance of the color effects on the figure.

Understood, cheers!

Getting there now with more shades of green, messed around with the teeth quite a bit, think they're okay now, sanded the bones back to the kit colour, started the eyes and as usual not sure about them, probably will make them smaller. Added yellow later to represent the subdermal fat layer with darker parts for the rotting muscle tissue, I studied A' Level biology in British 'high school' in Greece (grew up there) so at least it's useful for something lol.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 WOd6kXI

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QHeCTux

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 FheH5ji

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 2Sv5Vxs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 IZR96Ry

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 IIVWy9H

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 VKiDJc0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 O7sWKGr

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Brv0ijy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 4a09yUS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NbaJ3VB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 RlbR0rR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 L3es7SA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MqRDJGh

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking really cool, Alex. Like the new colors for the rotting flesh, and all the different levels.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very impressive, the details pop beautifully. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but probably more striking than the dark reds, browns, and greys I would have imagined. Of course, there the detail would have been largely lost.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking really cool, Alex. Like the new colors for the rotting flesh, and all the different levels.

Thanks Stryker! Doing my best to make it realistic but in a fantasy setting so a bit of a balancing act lol.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very impressive, the details pop beautifully. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but probably more striking than the dark reds, browns, and greys I would have imagined. Of course, there the detail would have been largely lost.

Cheers GTF! Like I just said to Stryker, it's a balancing act between realism and ethereal magic and I've decided on a course I'm going to take as I type this; to keep him faithful to the movie and have a bit of scientific practicality: juicy on the inside to allow unrestricted movement, a bit crusty on the outside to give him that flakey mummified look, sort of like a Greek tiropita (feta cheese pie with filo pastry) DAMN I MISS THOSE!!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Tiropita-photo

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers GTF! Like I just said to Stryker, it's a balancing act between realism and ethereal magic and I've decided on a course I'm going to take as I type this; to keep him faithful to the movie and have a bit of scientific practicality: juicy on the inside to allow unrestricted movement, a bit crusty on the outside to give him that flakey mummified look, sort of like a Greek tiropita (feta cheese pie with filo pastry) DAMN I MISS THOSE!!

I am familiar with the Slavic version of the tyropita, which is called banica (pronounced "banitsa"). I love it, as long as the feta cheese (which I personally refer to as "fox poison") is mixed and softened (taste-wise) with cream cheese. And I love your analogy/explanation of how that applies to your approach. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Fox poison?! Sacrilege!! Wink

Added green pastel paint for the skin but you can't see it now, cut the overalls a bit and sepia washed them (seems to be my cure for everything!), inserted his guts and glued them in place, sewed the boot bits together to make a tunic then added a nice red/purple/black colour changing material (no idea what it's called, any ideas out there?) which was glued then sewn on too; then added a small strip to the top of the chest to be movie accurate. Filed and glued the armour together with my 'double glue' trick, then hacksawed it into the battle damaged/rotted state I wanted, I'll file it a bit more later. attached the mail where it needed to be just with a drop or two of super glue. Got a tub of green glow in the dark translucent paint as well.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 3OR8zrB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 GSpDIpP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MjDV7ph

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 LOpyBXP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 BULQRvP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 KDHL01L

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PNTnULW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 M1D4x2y

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NnA5P8C

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 0fJbRG5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 UfA5UXh

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Z0ewBo0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 CiKU9eS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 3LfLSJC

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 JdCSHv9

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 CskaNsi

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 UuWg0Bg

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a very complex custom, for sure. Your patience and skill continue to impress every time.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I like what you did with Gimli's chainmail, very practical and saves the material for other customs. The undead dude is coming along really nicely, looks very gruesome.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:It's a very complex custom, for sure. Your patience and skill continue to impress every time.

Thanks GTF! If I don't challenge myself it gets boring pirat

Theboo-bomb wrote:I like what you did with Gimli's chainmail, very practical and saves the material for other customs. The undead dude is coming along really nicely, looks very gruesome.

Cheers TBB!

Wired his cloak, filed, painted and attached his armour, gauntlet etc..

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QssiLYq

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Yvi744d

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 2XI5d9S

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 VMTxMZM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 EgewQrY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PzOeE6p

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 EIL0WkQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 D2DZtdl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 K8HMZeU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 IxgPWSZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Fvm1a2R

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 87JlNE4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 JkDiDBR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Mi6gj3V

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 BYa0zIk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AJsM9uj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PaZRFCd

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 CcVmLuk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 V7RUKwO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 JAZPtIP

I'll probably reattach his waist armour directly to his chest armour rather than leaving that gap for the belt, we'll see.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice progress. Love the quilted tunic. The rather toy-like rib-cage-like armor improved tremendously with your repaint. I take it the red cloak might be tattered-up more before you're done. I wonder if the bluish/purplish colors on the body and head might not be worth making just a tad more subtle.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice progress. Love the quilted tunic. The rather toy-like rib-cage-like armor improved tremendously with your repaint. I take it the red cloak might be tattered-up more before you're done. I wonder if the bluish/purplish colors on the body and head might not be worth making just a tad more subtle.

Cheers! Those are decisions I'll need to make a little later, I'm trying to avoid the 'christmas' look of greens and reds and gold I guess by throwing in some colour like the purple to break that up. I've yet to decide whether to decorate his cloak with the obscure markings shown on the statue, they would just be 2D unless I decided to use glue glue to sculpt them, not sure.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 O1RSPYy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 HGEUVZI

Helmet and hair next, might involve some creative mould making and latex casting...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Redone his armour and I'm much happier with it now.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 4mEr69y

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 9IejmXF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NTQH6aO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PVlQTU0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 FrtXHjd

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 XINiyqv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 SrLfDGP

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The armor looks much fuller now. Would the belt go over it?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:The armor looks much fuller now. Would the belt go over it?

I'm using that belt to attach the armour so he can still articulate his waist. I'll use a different belt for his sword and dagger.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s an inspired choice for the cloak. Really like how this is coming along.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing custom work!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s an inspired choice for the cloak. Really like how this is coming along.

Is inspired polite for odd? LOL. Cheers Stryker!

BAMComix wrote:Amazing custom work!

Thanks BAM!

Done a lot of old school latex casting using plasticine and random Celtic looking bits and bobs to make multiple copies of in latex, which I then used to make his crown fairly close to the 'official' one. I last used this technique on the very large Hunter Predator (from 'The Predator' movie) to make all his skin that worked as armour.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 OWUOG6d

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 3cwXJuZ

A SUPPRESSOR MAKES A SURPRISINGLY GREAT ROLLING PIN!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NyS1OhQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 W005MiN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 G8zf8rQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 C0yuNsm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QwLGBJZ

ALLOW TO DRY, NEW LAYER, REPEAT A FEW TIMES AND IN THE MORNING IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PfMOwDA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AMXnnKm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ZtligAd

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QZnx21G

CUT BACK AND MILLIPUTTED THE HELMET YESTERDAY TOO SO DRY FOR TODAY TO SAND.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 92Nh7hs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AfwtboG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 CKpcLcx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 LcLYCfy

FIBRE CARD TO THE RESUCE AS USUAL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 BvyNbgT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ZrnDai7

LOTS OF LATEX CUTTING LATER AND BEING SPOILED FOR CHOICE PARTS WISE, I BEGIN BUILDING THE CROWN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 NlQVjZ3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 VhM1ePS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Qh281zg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 BUnlreo

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 11qDYfz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 KZn6AVH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 PCJ9BUR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 7G8gEXW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 S2qtiGN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ZWeLvVQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MwZwaFM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 YV2aEx2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 FBwmMUa

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ClRq9dL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 LH5rtl3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 YwfE14t

NOT AN EXACT REPLICA (STILL NEEDS A CENTRAL SPIKE AND PAINT) BUT AS YOU CAN SEE ABOVE, OFFICIAL DEPICTIONS AREN'T CONSISTANT EITHER AND THAT'S MY EXCUSE!  Twisted Evil

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Vznov8b

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Gl3VWuC

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 AxltWM2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 ErfnlL2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 4J4fv4I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 OmyC20i

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QtvJH4N

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 8eVCtVi

I'LL TRIM BACK THOSE CHEEK GUARDS, ADD AND CHANGE SOME DETAILS TOO, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M SEEING IT TOGETHER AS IS IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT I MEAN.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like an excellent start to the crown, and I'm sure it will look perfect when you're finished. Very inventive approach. And no, "inventive" is no euphemism.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like an excellent start to the crown, and I'm sure it will look perfect when you're finished. Very inventive approach. And no, "inventive" is no euphemism.

LOL Cheers! I need to made those stupid birds' heads that adorn each (just got interrupted by a crazy junkie who is so out of it he doesn't realise my old neighbour who was a dealer has been gone for a year now FFS..) crenel with just a 4.5mm plastic bb.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Detailing continues both with real mail and the crown. Found some ravens the right size to cast multiple copies of their heads to be the birds heads depicted on the crown. Did the latex thing again but with a bit of improv this time, since the beaks are long making the moulds narrow and deep, getting the latex at the bottom to cure was becoming a pain in the arse. I solved that by putting the plasticine containing the latex casts into a frying pan and then heated it up very carefully on my gas stove for about 10 seconds then after turning the gas off I left it in the hot pan which had heated up the plasticine (stinks a bit) still in it to keep 'cooking off' the latex curing it. You see the difference in the results, the short stubby useless castings are the ones I peeked at pulling the latex back a bit to find it wasn't curing properly at the bottom, the good casts are the results of the undisturbed castings that were forced to cure properly with the frying pan trick I just invented! pirat

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QN6mkf3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 2CwU5hQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 1KItZmR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 JVzDicP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Rf1Rdcz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 KCQAhwQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 U46hk4f

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MvzozsU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 SEbSUQ7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 U3FVa3L

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Q2KMW8N

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 CzlGben

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 QOd2hJi

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 1WI9AIP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 MVxbETz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 G0a7HK2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 Jig3lOc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 27 YAtPrGt

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Still pretty inventive! Smile I would not have thought of casting realistic raven heads, but that is definitely a viable solution. The crown is already coming along nicely, and I'm sure the painting will tie it together in the end.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Still pretty inventive! Smile I would not have thought of casting realistic raven heads, but that is definitely a viable solution. The crown is already coming along nicely, and I'm sure the painting will tie it together in the end.

Cheers! I think they are meant to be Celtic stylised vultures but ravens are carrion eaters too so works for me as I don't have any baby Celtic vultures lying around and didn't think to sculpt any Evil or Very Mad  Did you like my frying pan curing solution? Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Did you like my frying pan curing solution? Wink

Absolutely!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum