OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
Packing List:

Head Sculpt x 1
Sleeves x 1 pair
White Fitness bra x1
Black Fitness bra x1
Tactical strap x1
Belt x1
Waist pockets X2
Short skirt x1
Underwear x1
Arm armor x1
Fist armor x1
Sphere bracerx1
Hands x4
Stockings x 1 Pair
Boots x 1 Pair  

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0224 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0323
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0423 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0523
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0622 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0721
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 0820

Diana

Diana
DID YOU SEE THIS???? YESSSS!!!!!

Super Duck is on board with 1/12 for real! Very Happy

*DANGER DANGER* What a Face

davidd

davidd
Estimated release date: Q1 of 2022

Price: $75.99 USD

Pre-orders available at Giantoy:
https://giantoy.com/products/1-12-super-duck-sdmini002-fantasy-fighting-goddess-custom-kit

DANGER, indeed!

(Pre-order deposits don't count as purchases when we are on a self-imposed purchasing moratorium, right? Embarassed )

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
72 hours ago, 1/12th was all but dead, and I was feeling very comfortable with my decision to move into 1/6th.  Now I’m having an existential crisis.

I already like the 1/12 Ada Wongs that third parties are offering better i than their 1/6 counterparts. If they start giving us Tifa, Jill, Chun-Li etc in 1/12 then what an I doing in 1/6th?!?

Adeno

Very cute! I love Tifa! Too bad they don't seem to have any inclination to make her face more accurate. I'm also happy these companies that make costumes are making smaller versions as well, it makes it easier to mix them with official versions Smile

Diana

Diana
I absolutely agree. Pre-order doesn't count. Cause you can cancel. Simple logic.  Smile

I'm so glad I skipped on the 1/6 Tifa, despite really liking her. And the SD version was my favorite, too!
I just didn't have a connection to the source material and therefore couldn't justify spending that much money, and my shelf space is limited, too...

Enter 1/12... Very Happy

I hate existential crises. Laughing

My Villa and Catch Me Lady are stored behind a closed door, because they don't look right with all the TBL warrior ladies. But with Tifa there will be three of them! That means they deserve their OWN space now!

Not to mention those 6 Imperial Guardians... ugh. I'll have some rearranging to do. I just hope they won't announce 1/12 Spartan Army Commanders next month. That would be a crisis of a different kind... Shocked

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:

Not to mention those 6 Imperial Guardians...

Razz The red one finally got to you, did she?

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:
Diana wrote:

Not to mention those 6 Imperial Guardians...

Razz  The red one finally got to you, did she?
She was never truly out of the race. But certainly not, after you pointed out just how gorgeous that red armor is. That photo was also showing it off very nicely. Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She does look excellent. I'm not familiar enough with the source to spot the inaccuracy (though Adeno did demonstrate it side by side with a couple of the sixth-scale versions), but I was thinking that this scale is possibly more suitable for portraying an animated character. If anything, it makes her more realistic.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I decided I’m going to get this one. I love my 1/6 version, but I want one that I can keep on my work (from home) desk, and 1/12 figures can stand in front of my monitors without being obtrusive.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:She does look excellent. I'm not familiar enough with the source to spot the inaccuracy (though Adeno did demonstrate it side by side with a couple of the sixth-scale versions), but I was thinking that this scale is possibly more suitable for portraying an animated character. If anything, it makes her more realistic.

I do like realistic. And I find that I am more forgiving in this scale. Plus, differences in style aren't quite so noticeable so they all look good next to each other. Smile

Xavion2004 wrote:I decided I’m going to get this one.  I love my 1/6 version, but I want one that I can keep on my work (from home) desk, and 1/12 figures can stand in front of my monitors without being obtrusive.

Excellent justification! She will look fantastic sitting on the monitor. Very Happy
Though of course if you have cats, or a clumsy partner, then she won't stay seated there very long, which is why mine stay behind glass. Laughing

Diana

Diana
She is being shipped. Finally. Just as I was tempted to cancel to get the other version instead. Umph.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Wow, I had pretty much given up on her too. I didn’t preorder, but I have been checking periodically. I do want a 1/12 Tifa, so I’m sure I’ll order a set.

Willmatron

1/12 looks good. I still collect other lines, like GI Joe Classified and some Marvel and DC figures. I wonder how well they actually scale to those lines.

15NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess Empty SDMINI002 Dressing Order Sat 1 Oct 2022 - 14:15

londonroadhog

Mine arrived about a week or so ago. I've not done anything with the outfit until today...

I would recommend dressing a body in the following order:
1. Leg coverings
2. Arm coverings
3. Crop top - black
4. Crop top - white
5. knickers
6. Boots
7. Elbow/lower arm protection left arm
8. Elbow and wrist protections right arm
9. Hands
10 . Skirt
11. Head sculpt

The reason to leave the skirt last, is because trying to put the arm and leg coverings on, I managed to slightly damage the back centre strap on the skirt. It wasn't a big issue, a little bit of fabritac sorted out the problem. But to avoid anyone else having the same issue, I'd suggest following the order of dressing above...

Diana

Diana
I finally unpacked her. Dressing her was as tedious as can be expected with those tight sleeves, but nothing ripped or broke. I love her. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 01121
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 02123
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 03119
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 04116
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 05115
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 06113
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 07111
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 08109
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 09107
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 SUPER DUCK SDMINI002 Fantasy Fighting Goddess 10102

ukshaun

ukshaun
Congrats!
1/6th scale is small, but 12th scale, i am amazed they can offer the detail. It seems unthinkable, given the materials being used.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
She seems to either meet or exceed the expectations set by the promotional pics from top to bottom. That head sculpt is especially impressive. I’m sure I’ll pick up the set at some point.

Visisonor

Visisonor
She looks great!
I'm happy that you like her.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Me too, happy that you are happy.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She does look good Shocked

Adeno

Wow, little Tifa actually looks nice! I'm surprised!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum