OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOLY $%^&! VERYCOOL "Villa" is now $250.00 USD?!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

I like others purchased VERYCOOL's "Villa" figure when she was released earlier this year in February.

Her MSRP was approximately $143.00 USD.

To say she is popular is an understatement.  I know some 1:6 vendors are sold out and she is fetching secondary market pricing.

If one makes and takes the effort and time, one can possibly still find her for a reasonable price of still MSRP or slightly above (i.e. $150.00 to $175.00 possibly).

I consider myself fortunate in buying her when I did.

I do a weekly check on known 1:6 vendors from time to time to see what's new, etc.

One vendor I noticed is now selling "Villla" for $250.00 USD.

Yes.

$250.00 USD.

"Villa" was released last month and already a $100.00 mark up above the MSRP?

I know production runs of figures nowadays are not what they used to be years ago.  Production runs are now moderate/small and certain figures sell out briskly, but seriously . . . $250.00 USD for a figure that was released just a month ago?

WTF?!

The vendor in question (I refuse to name the vendor) is known for some unethical business practices to put it mildly.

Maybe I'm biased, but damn . . . that's just price gouging.

Maybe the figure is really that popular and wanted and perhaps VERYCOOL (and vendors) didn't anticipate she would be that popular and wanted and sell out as fast as it did?

#discussion #modern #military #female

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I just saw his ad. That's excessive price gouging, to say the least. How do some of these people sleep at night?

By the way, Chung how did you reduce the space between your post and signature?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HOLY $%^&!  VERYCOOL "Villa" is now $250.00 USD?! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:By the way, Chung how did you reduce the space between your post and signature?

I think I can answer that. He didn't. His post was long enough to go past the details on the left, so the signature appeared immediately after the last line of text.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:By the way, Chung how did you reduce the space between your post and signature?

I think I can answer that. He didn't. His post was long enough to go past the details on the left, so the signature appeared immediately after the last line of text.

Ahh. Got it. I see what you mean from this post and the one in the Photo Posting thread.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HOLY $%^&!  VERYCOOL "Villa" is now $250.00 USD?! C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, that is BRUTAL! I was trying for the longest time to snatch up the head loose. I even had it in my cart on Monkey Depot, had some sort of error in checkout where I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go through, and got cart-jacked pre-payment. So frustrating!

I finally just sucked it up and ordered the whole figure on Monday. I figure there's enough other parts in there I could probably make use of. If anyone is still looking, BigBadToys, Urban Samurai, and OneSixthOutfitters still have it up, and haven't inflated the price at all. I'm kinda kicking myself that I ordered from BBT, when after I ordered I saw OSO had it up too. OSO ships from about 20 miles from me, so I'd have had it now, and they offer a shipping discount for the NYC/NJ area.

But if anyone is still looking, thought I'd spread the word on those guys.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, that is BRUTAL!  I was trying for the longest time to snatch up the head loose.  I even had it in my cart on Monkey Depot, had some sort of error in checkout where I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go through, and got cart-jacked pre-payment.  So frustrating!

I finally just sucked it up and ordered the whole figure on Monday.  I figure there's enough other parts in there I could probably make use of.  If anyone is still looking, BigBadToys, Urban Samurai, and OneSixthOutfitters still have it up, and haven't inflated the price at all.  I'm kinda kicking myself that I ordered from BBT, when after I ordered I saw OSO had it up too.  OSO ships from about 20 miles from me, so I'd have had it now, and they offer a shipping discount for the NYC/NJ area.

But if anyone is still looking, thought I'd spread the word on those guys.

--

Thank you for posting/sharing the information.

I hope it'll help others able to procure one at a fair and reasonable price.

If this was a year later, then I can understand how/why about the secondary market prices, but seriously . . . a month?

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Villa seems to have sold especially quickly. I'm glad I got mine when I did- I've learned the hard way that VC figures tend to sell out quickly. I missed the WWII Russian, and now she falls into the hyper-mark-up category.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
Speaking as a seller now instead of a customer.....I have to say that it should be a reputable retail "no-no" that a retailer charges secondary pricing on a brand new item.  If it were a buyout from a private collection, say, if someone were to purchase a mint collection of older Dragon items, then I can see that being marked up to something more "street value".  

This though......pretty sure he paid the same wholesale cost on it as all the other retailers who picked them up so that's pure greed right there.  That's when a retailer stops being a retailer and becomes a SCALPER.  

Pretty sure Verycool would probably be interested to know that their product is being price gouged from someone who claims to be "reputable".

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you Perfect Figure Toys for providing this seller's perspective. I dare say that you have superior moral caliber. I do wonder if VC would actually care that their products are being sold for exorbitant prices, except perhaps as a hint that they could set their prices even higher. But maybe I am just too pessimistic/cynical.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
I wonder if they made Villa in a smaller run than usual. That is a very rapid depletion of stock!

Andrew

Andrew
No comment on THAT individual, but I wasn't that impressed with Villa TBH. The attached hood messed up that hair, there was a massive box thing that I didn't know what to do with, and the whole figure seemed quite small in comparison with others.

Maybe I'll sell mine and price gouge someone...npo, probably not. I know a pretty big Delevigne fan. he can have it for a christmas gift.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Andrew wrote:No comment on THAT individual, but I wasn't that impressed with Villa TBH.  The attached hood messed up that hair, there was  a massive box thing that I didn't know what to do with, and the whole figure seemed quite small in comparison with others.  

Maybe I'll sell mine and price gouge someone...npo, probably not.  I know a pretty big Delevigne fan.  he can have it for a christmas gift.

Well, if you do get sick of staring at that head, gimmie a shout. I'm pretty crazy about it, and have been disappointed it was so hard to get parted out. I'm actually looking forward to that big storage box, and am crossing my fingers it'll fit this exoskeleton I'm working on. I kept putting off getting the whole figure, but now that I have, I'm going to try to make the most of all the parts.

http://reverendspooky.com

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed I No comment on vender either but at one point I was really considering getting the Very Cool Villa figure too but in the
past several weeks Tbleague has came out with some figures that I want more.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I wouldn't even pay that if Cara had signed it!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum