OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Hi! I'm building all the Dwarves from The Hobbit and I'm on number 9 out of 13 right now but I've got stuck. I can't remember how I used the Paint program before to stitch multiple repeated segments together to form a long line of patterns that I can print out on A4 printer friendly material and use as border patterns for their clothing. This is an example of what I did before:

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? 6vemapm

Now I need to do the same thing with the pattern below (in colour, I managed to get that far!) with 2 vertical columns 15mm wide and 3 columns 10mm wide on a sheet of A4 to make these parts of the costume:

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? 2Az4aTl

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? MZqKwrU

Original pattern source

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? BB3mdbg

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? WuxFubr

I'm also going to need to do the same for the belt, ie repeating the pattern at around 8mm thick and 200mm long.

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? SCm99mO

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? TefZg8V

Can someone please help me out? I can't believe I've forgotten how to do this simple operation on Paint! Been trying all morning since 5am... Embarassed Cheers!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'll see if I can help. If it's just a question of stringing together longer segments of the two black and white patterns, I can.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'll see if I can help. If it's just a question of stringing together longer segments of the two black and white patterns, I can.

Thought you'd be the one to the rescue! Cheers GTF! It's the purple square with a pattern in it and the narrower belt pattern. I'm going to try opening a new page on paint THEN add the pattern, probably won't work but came to me as an idea dozing off...lol.

csyeung

csyeung
i dont use paint, but in photoshop you can just make a duplicate of your layer and move it, rinse and repeat. If some of the pattern overlaps it makes it a bit easier. If you want to do it faster, once you got two pieces together, flatten, duplicate that flattened layer and voila, double sized piece. Repeat till you have the length you want.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
csyeung wrote:i dont use paint, but in photoshop you can just make a duplicate of your layer and move it, rinse and repeat. If some of the pattern overlaps it makes it a bit easier. If you want to do it faster, once you got two pieces together, flatten, duplicate that flattened layer and voila, double sized piece. Repeat till you have the length you want.

Thanks CY! I got rid of photoshop a long time ago probably because it did my head in (I was trained to use Photoshop and Illustrator during my degree but never understood it!) and took up too much room as a programme.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
My idea last night paid off (amazing how many problems I solve when dozing off! Keeps me sane(ish) too!) and I'm now stacking print patterns on Paint. It's about as exciting as stacking supermarket shelves...getting there though...in which direction I'm still not sure as Paint won't tell me the dimensions of the 'page' I'm working on...I've since selected 'all' and rotated the combined pattern allowing me to add more pattern pieces to the length so hopefully going parallel to the long side of an A4 sheet of paper now..

Are there any members here good with Paint or Photoshop? PTvZjs8

Seems to be right...bunching them together so I can choose the widths I want to cut later.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Do these have a pattern on them or are you going to be printing it on top? I'm assuming you're doing canvas printing. So do you still want me to string them together for you?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Do these have a pattern on them or are you going to be printing it on top? I'm assuming you're doing canvas printing. So do you still want me to string them together for you?

No I'm all set mate, cheers though, a bitter-sweet result shown in the WIP thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum