OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 pm

davidd

Meanwhile, aboard the Hydran Federation Scout Ship HFS Edward D. Wood Jr...

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Star_patrol_24jan

77The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 am

AlKelAstra91

davidd wrote:Fabulous detailing on these figures, and lots of entertaining scenes!

Coincidentally, I was saying something to ThePhotogsBlog just last night about outer space being full of rattlesnakes! Looks like I was right!

Thank you kindly, I really tried to go the extra mile with that shoot to entertain you all, haha. I know someone had to get the Woody/Toy Story reference.

Valiarde wrote:Probably the new movie after Snakes on a Plane: Snakes on a Planet

Very nice effects as usual! I like the backdrop u used here very spacey Razz

Of course, sir!! Very clever, I almost forgot that movie was a thing several years back. I'd have to get my hands on a Sam Jackson figure so he could make a cameo, most definitely. The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 1f601

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great images. Thanks for contributing.

Thank you, and you're welcome! I also appreciate seeing all of your fashionable ladies in their astronaut gear.

GubernatorFan wrote:Alkel: Excellent custom characters, beautifully made and funny too (and also made me think a bit of Space Truckers, which I liked, cheesy as it was). And are these the little green men you were referring to? They look very cool.

Valiarde: Snakes on a Planet. Brilliant! Smile (I actually found Snakes on a Plane fun enough.)

Thanks Ian, I thought you might appreciate this, and my modding of a SW Bith alien head. Perhaps a bit inspired by your lovely Gridney. Razz

I have not seen the Space Truckers film, though sounds like one of those cheesy B movies I would check out of I saw it on the SyFy channel. I am familiar with Starship Troopers though, if it has that kind of similar humor. Very Happy

This is indeed one of the little green men I spoke of - now I just need to find some more heads and bodies I can mod, so he can have a crew.

davidd wrote:Meanwhile, aboard the Hydran Federation Scout Ship HFS Edward D. Wood Jr...

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Star_patrol_24jan

That vintage B&W color scheme works really well in this image to set the atmosphere and mood. It's very imaginative and inspiring to see what you can do with some cardboard and proper lighting technique, looks awesome!

78The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:18 am

ThePhotogsBlog

Hydran Federation Scout Ship HFS009 Edward D. Wood jr.

Crew: 3 Commander, Engineer, Gunner, often augmented by 2-4 Space Cadets
Hull: Ex Terran Federation Star Navy type 26 Scout / Courrier, heavily modified by Star Patrol
Engines: Sublight: Mitsubishi Industries Banzai Boost Mk IVB with Supercharging.
Hyperdrive: Halonic Industries Aurora-7 Jumpdrive
Speed: Classified, but the crew claims it's the fastest ship in the Star Patrol and can get out of trouble as quickly as it got into it.
Armament: 2 x Bofors Mk V mounts just aft of cockpit, each with 2 No 18 particle accelerator cannon and one 105mm mass driver cannon.
1 X tail-mounted Vickers-Armstrong MkV rotary laser cannon.
1 x Saturn 29 multiple missile launcher, capable of firing conventionally armed or nuclear tipped Lytton Industries SDM12 homing missiles or Mk III
Photon Torpedoes.
Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Rochelle (Rocky) Jones.

[
url=https://flic.kr/p/2mYTsHX]The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51839592289_6b3678dfcd_b[/url]
Edward G. Wood on Patrol 2 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

79The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 am

BAMComix

Great work guys!

80The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice, Dal. The handshake from Lando reference had me smile. Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks Ian!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Neat figures, I should dust off my bith smuggler and take a few new shots.

I agree! it would be great too see them joining the fun! cheers

81The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool starship, too!

82The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking teams and spacecrafts everyone!

83The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:10 pm

davidd

davidd
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51847084766_477a52b237_z
Danielle Dare, Galactic Comptroller of the Star Patrol

Also known as Danni Dare, Auditor of the Future. Rolling Eyes

Integrity Toys "Beach Babe" Poppy Parker wearing a POP Toys F027C uniform.

84The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:59 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic Dave!

85The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:28 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a striking use of color. Nice! Smile

86The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:03 pm

davidd

davidd
The crew complement of the Space Patrol scout ship HFS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr. is expanding:

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 28janspace6
Cadet Holly Corbett and Space Ranger Lt. Rochelle "Rocky" Jones

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 28janspace2
Yeoman Remington

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 28janspace1
Yeoman McNally

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 28janspace3
Galactic Comptroller Danielle Dare, Yeoman Roberts, Yeoman McNally

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 28janspace4
Cadet Corbett, Lt. Jones, Comptroller Dare, Yeoman Roberts, Yeoman McNally

87The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
@ davidd: Great looking ladies and sets! Very Happy

88The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:25 pm

davidd

davidd
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51853112851_8ed7af5122_z
"Stand by to depressurize the airlock!"

89The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:37 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shot Dave, and another fab use of the b/w effect!

90The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:19 pm

davidd

davidd
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51858697003_c0c8b2dca6_z
The cast looks over script revisions for the next episode of Star Patrol

Integrity Toys Beach Babe Poppy Parker as Galactic Comptroller Danielle Dare
Takara Cy Girls Aurora as Lt. Rochelle "Rocky" Jones

91The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:12 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51858805021_d6c5be9801_b020222_
0015 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

Commander Keiko (Kobie) Kobayashi at the bridge command console of the Inside Straight. Clearly, the console is still a work in progress, requiring some control detail/

92The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:04 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking start to the control console, Gary. Are you going to add “cushion” to the chair? Or leave as is?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 C8485110

93The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:55 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool shots! Dave I really like your shot of them reading the script! Great progress on the console Gary, looking forward too seeing it progress.

94The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:21 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool looking start to the control console, Gary. Are you going to add “cushion” to the chair? Or leave as is?

I will probably add cushions later on.

95The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:46 pm

davidd

davidd
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51863513307_e463a89ee4_z
"Transporter Room to Bridge - Galactic Comptroller Dare requests permission to board!"

TBLeague S35 body
Unbranded "Asian Beauty" head sculpt
POP Toys F027C uniform

Recasting the role of Comptroller Dare from Poppy Parker to Asian Beauty is presently under consideration by the 'Star Patrol' production team.

Asian Beauty previously appeared in the 'Hidden in the Shadows' saga as Royal Kadath Society member Ellie Fields, a role in which she will likely continue while simultaneously portraying Comptroller Dare in 'Star Patrol.'

Ms Parker is considering taking a role of some significance in 'Hidden in the Shadows,' pending costuming and screen tests.

96The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:20 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very imaginative use of the stove top, though I suggest refraining from touching any of the controls…..

97The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:25 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
What does a galactic comptroller do, exactly?

98The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, 1:1 equipment used for 1:6 figures is pretty brilliant. I've seen it used for 1:12 figures, but this might be a first. By the way, cool way of using the same starship background in different color lighting to make it feel like a possibly different location.

99The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looks great Dave!

100The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:41 am

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:What does a galactic comptroller do, exactly?

Legalized piracy, more or less, using ledger books and creative accounting to maintain cash flow and maximize profits for the people who don't actually do anything tangible.

101The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:04 pm

davidd

davidd
The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 51874758224_f8d8a86fe2_z
"Okay, who let this thing loose on the ship?"

Unfortunately, vermin are nothing new aboard the Federation Scout Ship HFS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr.

102The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor thing, don't hurt it, you mean spacepeople! Smile

103The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:54 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Tastes just like chicken.

104The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU! Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:28 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He/She/It can't be too dangerous if she's able to hold it by it's tail. So hopefully it won't become dinner.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Star Patrol Needs YOU! - Page 4 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum