OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randam's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 27]

26Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I, too, don't know which of the realistic head sculpts I prefer, because both look absolutely perfect and improve the whole figure infinitely, in my eyes. If you got both witches, you know what to do. If not, maybe figure out a head swap schedule. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:36 am

BAMComix

Wonderful pics of superb figures. Visiting your flickr is a highlight for me everyday! Fantastic to see your work here too! keep 'em coming!

28Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 am

blackpool

BAMComix wrote:Wonderful pics of superb figures. Visiting your flickr is a highlight for me everyday! Fantastic to see your work here too! keep 'em coming!

Same! I gotta say your gallery is breathtaking!

29Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:15 am

Randam Hajile

Thanks, Dal and Blackpool. I enjoy your photos very much, too!
Are you also on FLICKR, Blackpool?

Here another random shot: Having gotten a Saintess Knight body this week, I was very much pleased to see that it has a tapered neck that fits perfectly to the HT Evangeline Lilly head.

Randam's random pics - Page 2 51835956881_990b6ea406_kCJ3A4010 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching.

30Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
she looks awesome!

31Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed the Witch Hathaway and Scar Jo shots, but they are gorgeous. And that EL looks fantastic like that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 2 C8485110

32Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks great, as does the pose and photography.

33Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:04 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Whoa! This witch hunter outfit is definitely aesthetically pleasing despite whatever qualms some may have with it (the skeletal breast-grabby hands ARE a bit too much, lol...). The headdress is really awesome, though. Your head and body mods take it to the next level for sure, along with that awesome lighting (what IS your technique/setup to get these beautiful results, if you don't mind sharing? 😛)

34Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:12 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the nice comments. It's a pleasure to share photo here. I also have a few more Photos on FLICKR, if you are interested.

@AlKelAstra91
I actually only use basic lighting techniques. There is a method called 3-point lighting, wherein you use two lamps to illuminate your object in front and one for the background. If you position the lamps correctly, the object will really "pop" out of the image. There are tons of tutorials on this on Youtube. I found that it really pays off to have two dedicated LED lights (with color control) to establish the lighting of the object in front. Mostly, my background light comes from the TV screen, on which a background picture is shown. It is actually pretty simple.

35Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Simple but wonderfully effective.

36Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:01 am

brassco

brassco
some movie producers should catch this picture with Hathaway in it, and offer her a role playing an evil witch...oh has she?

37Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:33 am

csyeung

csyeung
I like the shaman with the hathaway sculpt too!

38Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:51 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
The Evangeline Lilly head looks excellent and fits the body perfectly.
For the record, i also own Wasp by Hot Toys

Witch Hunter looks great also. I think i prefer the Hathaway portrait slightly more.

Randam's random pics - Page 2 Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp
LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys - Wasp with the helmet on. I took this shot back in 2020

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

39Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:Here another random shot: Having gotten a Saintess Knight body this week, I was very much pleased to see that it has a tapered neck that fits perfectly to the HT Evangeline Lilly head.
Holy cow she looks fantastic!! Great lighting and posing of course, but that body with that sculpt and that dress... Great choices!

40Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the kind words.

@brassco
Lol, I did not think about that movie connection. But this makes it even more interesting. I hope she does not transform into her other evil witch appearance any time soon. Smile

Here's another shot called "Major Overhaul". I found a CatToys Cindy Aurum kit in my storage that I had almost forgotten...

Randam's random pics - Page 2 51838892145_86e3bfe4ee_kCJ3A4080 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching!

41Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:17 pm

Diana

Diana
Wow! Love how you played with the colors. And that bike was worth buying just for this shot. Perfect accessory. Smile

42Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another excellent kitbash and photo! Randam, you're an inspiration!

43Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love the bike. The girl’s cute, too. Nice.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 2 C8485110

44Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:35 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Wow another great setup, probably my favourite puc from this thread so far (and they are all good)
The face looks very real and the lighting and bike are great Smile

45Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:27 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
just saw these over on flickr! excellent bash!

46Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:41 am

brassco

brassco
oh wow...i know someone is getting a competition in the photography department! Did you guys all use expensive cameras? or is it the skills?

47Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
brassco, I have the same questions. The photography side of this hobby is honestly one of the most frustrating parts of it for me. I don't *want* to invest money in photography equipment when I've already had to invest so much in art supplies and the figures themselves. It's just too expensive for me at this point. I know there are ways to do it cheaply, but even my current phone is terrible and not good enough to hold all the various photo apps people use. And even just the LED lights for photography are so expensive. At this rate, it will take me years before I can have a set up that is good enough to do justice to my figures.

My preference is to just take outdoor photos, since you don't have to purchase anything for that. But outdoor photography doesn't work for every type of figure....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

48Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:24 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
In my opinion, experience/skill while always good and helpful, isn't the main part, neither is the cam. The most important part is the lighting. You don't need a super expensive camera especially indoors (shooting with aperture f8-f13 you won't see a quality difference on internet screen between the different cams and lenses) 

You need good lights and a tripod and any low class slr, dslr, even smartphone wouldn't be bad here.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

49Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:In my opinion, experience/skill while always good and helpful, isn't the main part, neither is the cam. The most important part is the lighting. You don't need a super expensive camera especially indoors (shooting with aperture f8-f13 you won't see a quality difference on internet screen between the different cams and lenses) 

You need good lights and a tripod and any low class slr, dslr, even smartphone wouldn't be bad here.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Thanks for the tips. <3

(And don't mind me, I'm just moaning. It's easy to become demoralised when I feel like I've still got so far to go before I can even share pictures.... )

50Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:(And don't mind me, I'm just moaning. It's easy to become demoralised when I feel like I've still got so far to go before I can even share pictures.... )
I'm using my iPhone and a small RGB ring light from Amazon for ~20 bucks. The other lights are nothing special, except in those two colors shots, which I take with two Phillips Hue lights. They are expensive, but so worth it every day. Smile

51Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana -- yeah, I think basic photos are doable, but I'm thinking about my SW photoshoots....with lightsabers and all that.... it gets a bit overwhelming. Randam's random pics - Page 2 1f605

52Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:07 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Diana -- yeah, I think basic photos are doable, but I'm thinking about my SW photoshoots....with lightsabers and all that.... it gets a bit overwhelming.  Randam's random pics - Page 2 1f605
I understand. I do have a decent camera and never bother taking it out, because I'd much rather just quickly take some snap shots. But if you want to achieve a high standard, then it still needn't be expensive in terms of lighting, which is the most important. And maybe you can get a used camera?

53Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:18 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'll look into that, Diana! In the meantime, apologies to Randam for going off topic! Embarassed

54Randam's random pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:43 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Skywalkersaga
I completely agree with Valiarde on the importance of lighting. I'm using a pretty expensive camera and lenses but to be honest, the biggest improvements in my photos were due to using extra lights (I'm still a layman in photography!). I'm currently using small inexpensive video LED lamps from Amazon, which allow for pretty flexible illumination of 1/6 scenes. Also, I feel that the Makro function on most modern cell phones is on par with DSLRs and dedicated lenses -- so there is no need for big investments.

I hope to see some of your figures soon (I remember some very nice pictures of Anakin/Padme some time ago!). Please don't get discouraged, photography is a learning process!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum