OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Impressions from Tatooine

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Impressions from Tatooine Empty Impressions from Tatooine Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Well, after years of resistance the dark side won. I bought into Star Wars. Old love but til now I thought I could do without Star wars AF  Smile  But here we are. 

Lately I nought a Mando and some other chars and will now (hopefully) be starting a nice Star Wars collection.

First of, let me present you my newest addition, Din Djarin and Grogu on Mos Eisley.
This isn't a photo story for now, so you will see some things appear and disappear in these pics from the background. Maybe it was Grogu doing mind tricks though  Smile

I have some more pics for later...

Impressions from Tatooine Mk8wT9fh

Impressions from Tatooine J7W4UXIh

Impressions from Tatooine SKAu9ZIh

Impressions from Tatooine MKppCdeh

Impressions from Tatooine Z8MLta2h

Impressions from Tatooine QcCzyhUh

Impressions from Tatooine Y1SyDBAh

Impressions from Tatooine OnVlglrh

hope you enjoy

2Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:35 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh this is fantastic! You’ve captured that dusty, weathered aesthetic in the architecture perfectly and it’s great evidence to show that you don’t need a million accessories to make a diorama feel real!

3Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:38 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with Christine. This is a fantastic set you’ve created. Well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Impressions from Tatooine C8485110

4Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad the dark side won, if this is the result. It's a nice figure, and one of the very few I have picked up from the show (though not as a set -- I reconstituted it from parted-out parts), but what truly impresses once again are your amazing diorama- and accessory-making skills. Beautifully done and presented, and thanks for sharing, as always.

5Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Chip

Superb , it loos like a film set . Really impressive .

6Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:39 am

Diana

Diana
OMG I LOVE IT!!! Very Happy bounce

Love the little pots, and the critter, that unnervingly disappeared in one of the shots Wink ,...
Oooooh now I want a Mando. I've resisted so far, but he's so shiny!

Gorgeous dio.

7Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:15 am

valentin

valentin
It's quite a lovely dio. Loving all the tiny details.

8Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am

davidd

davidd
The setting is superb, and the lighting in the photos conveys a "screen accurate" sense of the Star Wars films.

9Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:12 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Lynkhart wrote:Oh this is fantastic! You’ve captured that dusty, weathered aesthetic in the architecture perfectly and it’s great evidence to show that you don’t need a million accessories to make a diorama feel real!

Yeah I'm not as good when it comes to many little details so this one suited me rather well  Smile  I'm more of a 95% guy - and then I want it to be finished so that I can use it for some pics. There needs to be more sand to cover some gaps or I need another material for the red fabrics, they don't flow super well.
Anyway, thank you for the kind words!  sunny

Stryker2011 wrote:I agree with Christine. This is a fantastic set you’ve created. Well done.
Thanks a lot Stryker! 

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad the dark side won, if this is the result. It's a nice figure, and one of the very few I have picked up from the show (though not as a set -- I reconstituted it from parted-out parts), but what truly impresses once again are your amazing diorama- and accessory-making skills. Beautifully done and presented, and thanks for sharing, as always.
I'm more of a dark side type anyway, so I'm not surprised haha. Thank you Gub! You don't watch any modern Star Wars stuff, do you?

Chip wrote:Superb , it loos like a film set . Really impressive .
drunken thank you!

Diana wrote:OMG I LOVE IT!!! Very Happy bounce

Love the little pots, and the critter, that unnervingly disappeared in one of the shots Wink ,...
Oooooh now I want a Mando. I've resisted so far, but he's so shiny!

Gorgeous dio.
Glad you love it Diana!  cheers  and I didn't think about the critter disappearing - it is like with big spiders in a house haha.
Yeah it is a very well made figure and was one of my first Hot toys figures I bought. Truth be told, at first I was a bit irritated about how lightwise he is! I was used to my diecast knights and getting this plastic mando was different...but it is much easier to pose (except he can'T raise his arms very high because of the armor) and the armor still looks quiet good.  

valentin wrote:It's quite a lovely dio. Loving all the tiny details.
Thank you Smile 

davidd wrote:The setting is superb, and the lighting in the photos conveys a "screen accurate" sense of the Star Wars films.
I hope to get it a bit into the screen accuracy direction. That was what first drew me into the hobby - having all these little "model" persons to shoot with.

10Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:20 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Like I said, here are some more random shots with this setting. I think I need to make a story someday, as they are often more fun to watch than just simple posing pics 

Impressions from Tatooine VO9hcdmh

Impressions from Tatooine JWmFKaih

looks like Grogu uses his jedi force to have an own space ship
Impressions from Tatooine PDunSlJh

Color him surprsied
Impressions from Tatooine N9YA1Psh

Impressions from Tatooine SuiD4j1h

And one pic of the whole thing:
Impressions from Tatooine VlW9IWDh

11Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:28 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I'm more of a dark side type anyway, so I'm not surprised haha. Thank you Gub! You don't watch any modern Star Wars stuff, do you?

Well, if rebel propaganda were true, that would make us pretty bad people... but it is too ridiculous to be true. Wink No, I don't watch modern Star Wars. In the case of the Mandalorian, it is a combination of things -- the unwillingness to sign up for yet another channel just for one show, the disenchantment with recent Star Wars offshoots (although I am fully aware this one is supposed to be better), and also I'm tired of the usual simplistic dichotomy and hippie preachiness. But I do appreciate the visual continuity from true (Original Trilogy) Star Wars canon and the next best thing to that (Rogue One). Apart from reconstituting Mando, the three sets I have bought have been a Shoretrooper, a Death Trooper, and a Scout Trooper, and I reconstituted a Tusken raider and another Scout Trooper. The last three are basically iterations of Original Trilogy types, and the first two are additions to my existing Rogue One figures. So Mando is the only genuinely new guy; but yes, he looks too cool to resist. Smile And you've done a great thing with him. Looking forward to see what else you shot.

12Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ha, you posted the extra photos while I was typing my response. Thanks for sharing, they too are excellent. Nice to see the two droids join the party. It was already feeling like Star Wars, but now even more so. Smile Nicely posed and shot. And thanks for the informative shot of the whole thing. I was already wondering just how big this diorama is. I realized it is essentially modular (two backdrop walls and floor) but it is still very impressive even in the sheer size of it. In fact, can't resist to add, ... "very impressive." Smile

13Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent additional photos. I like the final photo to see just how big this thing is.

14Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:45 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed great looking set and figures!

15Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:41 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I'm more of a dark side type anyway, so I'm not surprised haha. Thank you Gub! You don't watch any modern Star Wars stuff, do you?

Well, if rebel propaganda were true, that would make us pretty bad people... but it is too ridiculous to be true. Wink 
lol! 

yeah who is gonna believe these propaganda? They always go over the top  Smile

I can understand you don't wanna buy into another channel or simply don't think the newer stuff will ever be as enjoyable as the older stuff...
I will just watch anything new from the SW universe canon or not. I can always go back and watch the old stuff if I want, but I understand not everyone can take that approach.  Smile  

Thank you all. Here are my last shots from this setting for now.

Impressions from Tatooine PbDcDzFh

Impressions from Tatooine T7DU0Bxh

Impressions from Tatooine UxqSgOQh

Impressions from Tatooine EJWdBIAh

Impressions from Tatooine Z0yn3RZh

I guess I could do a shadow for every famous Star Wars character as a series. I also forgot to include Grogu in the shadow. Sometimes I have an idea, try it out and afterwards I think: why haven't I done this or that too?  rabbit

16Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is only natural to discover extra things that one should have included. Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I even scrap a photoshoot to do it again, as I don't want to be nearly redundant in my presentation. The shadow photos (with or without the character casting it) are very striking and beautiful. Which is again an aspect of your art in every respect.

17Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:51 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice diorama, Valiarde! You really capture the Tatooine atmosphere with the lighting. I also like the last pictures with the spotlight. Great work.

18Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:54 am

Diana

Diana
These shots are great, too!! Very Happy

And I love both the Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett. Though the latter is trying to be too modern and some things were just too familiar.
Spoiler:
It takes away the sense of being in a galaxy far far away. And somehow Fennec Shand and The Cavalry were one and the same... But they both rock, so whatever. Laughing

I celebrated every episode. One of those things where interruptions are absolutely forbidden. Smile

19Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great set up! the diorama work is superb!

20Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:46 pm

valentin

valentin
Loving the spotlight!

21Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:33 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed those photos do look great!

22Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool shadows and lighting effects.

23Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Absolutely perfect, Tatooine is one of my favorite star wars planets and I've enjoyed every second of it. That said... I hope we get to see more of other places, I still wish Luca's got to produce his Star War's Underworld series.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Impressions from Tatooine 1f60e

24Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:32 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Totally nailed the atmosphere of Tatooine. The texturing and layout is flawless. Who could honestly still hate sand when it's captured this beautifully? The Mando figure is so damn cool, the droids, that little cage monster and of course lil' Grogu fit in perfectly. The shadow shots remind me of some of the first promotional posters of Episode I, with young Anakin standing in front of a wall with Darth Vader's shadow cast behind him.

25Impressions from Tatooine Empty Re: Impressions from Tatooine Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:07 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Dio Build masterclass ! If You made the pictures without the mando, i still see it´s tatoine. The shadow pictures are sooo cool !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum