OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forever Adventuring!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

11 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
As the title suggest, somewhere for me to post my random action/adventuring pics, enjoy!

1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51972860648_47bf81df35_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51972786006_afc945ff68_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51972795216_32f2d98731_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51972799501_4fe77e32f8_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51971796027_ddd05f0134_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51973363760_658796f96f_c

21 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:15 am

Diana

Diana
I can't remember his name, sorry, but he looks so good! Moreso when fighting the bad guys. Smile
I need my own TBLeague man now. I only have ladies in my collection, but it's time! I've been holding out on a new male body, but... maybe the M33 will do. Laughing

Awesome shots! Very inspiring and I especially love that last shot. Feels very real.

31 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:I can't remember his name, sorry, but he looks so good! Moreso when fighting the bad guys. Smile
I need my own TBLeague man now. I only have ladies in my collection, but it's time! I've been holding out on a new male body, but...  maybe the M33 will do. Laughing

Awesome shots! Very inspiring and I especially love that last shot. Feels very real.

No worries on his name Diana, I do have a lot of characters, this guy is Daxter Wink . Really pleased you enjoyed the pics, they were great fun to do. The TBL guys are really nice, like you up until last year, I only had females, but after Rev spooky introduced me to the males, there has been no looking back Very Happy . The M33 is a great body, very muscular and toned, Dax is on a M32, less bulk as the 33 but nicely toned. Whichever body you go for, I don't think you'll be disappointed bounce bounce bounce .
Again, really pleased you enjoyed the pics, more soon!

41 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:12 am

Diana

Diana
BAMComix wrote:Dax is on a M32, less bulk as the 33 but nicely toned.
HE IS???
I actually have one in the box that I haven't used, because the Bruce Lee body seemed very specific. I had no idea he could look like this!
I guess it's time to take him out of the packaging after all! Very Happy

51 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:44 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:
HE IS???
I actually have one in the box that I haven't used, because the Bruce Lee body seemed very specific. I had no idea he could look like this!

Very Happy , yeah, I like the M32 for a soldier type body. I look forward too seeing what happens when you unbox him, and what male character you come up with bounce bounce . Another advantage of the M32 is most 1/6 male clothes fit them Laughing Laughing

61 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:43 am

Ovy

Ovy
Awesome, especially like what's happening in the background of pic #2, quite some dynamic in there, also the punch and flying in #1.

I love how Buddha is keeping his calm next to them. :p

Diana wrote:
HE IS???

Yeah, the M32 is more versatile than one might think. I think the promo pics focus too much on Bruce Lee and he is often posed with straight T shaped shoulders, but if you let him relax a bit, especially when you let the shoulders hang down, it becomes universally athletic.

I use is on the "Southern Warrior" for example and shaped the armor onto him and ReverndSpooky is using it for St. Crow for example wearing a biker vest, looking very lean. The Latissimus is still exploding but seems way less extreme.

71 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent photography and poses. Daxter looks great in action, and the M32 body works very well, especially fully clothed, although I still prefer the M33 in general. I just noticed (again) that M33's arms are overly long, but that this is true for other TBLeague male bodies too, though perhaps a little less apparent. The bad guys are nicely done too. The head sculpt of the guy in the white suit and Hawaiian shirt looks familiar but I can't quite place it -- what is it?

81 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:48 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Some great action pics here cheers

91 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:52 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Always a treat! I made a similar comment on ElBundy’s ongoing thread, but you also have a gift for creating compelling kitbashes of figures. None of them look random to me. They all seem to be assembled with their personalities and backstories already in place.

101 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent action shots. The composition of the photos is excellent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1 -  Forever Adventuring! C8485110

111 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ovy wrote:Awesome, especially like what's happening in the background of pic #2, quite some dynamic in there, also the punch and flying in #1.

I love how Buddha is keeping his calm next to them. :p

Thanks Ovy! At this stage Dax, is fighting to stay in that jeep! BUddha on the over hand looks less than impressed! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent photography and poses. Daxter looks great in action, and the M32 body works very well, especially fully clothed, although I still prefer the M33 in general. I just noticed (again) that M33's arms are overly long, but that this is true for other TBLeague male bodies too, though perhaps a little less apparent. The bad guys are nicely done too. The head sculpt of the guy in the white suit and Hawaiian shirt looks familiar but I can't quite place it -- what is it?

Many thanks Ian! I will agree the 33 is a much more muscular body and probably my fave too, but the 32 works well for soldier types like Dax Wink . As for the head sculpt, that came with a 1940's style adventurer set. That set was out probably at least fifteen plus years ago (Yikes!)

TravelGuide wrote:Some great action pics here cheers

Thank you!

Xavion2004 wrote:Always a treat!  I made a similar comment on ElBundy’s ongoing thread, but you also have a gift for creating compelling kitbashes of figures.  None of them look random to me.  They all seem to be assembled with their personalities and backstories already in place.

That is so kind to say, I do try to work out my characters before I show them. bounce bounce

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent action shots. The composition of the photos is excellent.

Cheers Mark! really pleased you enjoyed them!

121 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
An oldie but a goody, then, Dal. Smile Anyway, the whole series of photos worked very nicely.

131 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That is a very cool action sequence, Dal! Nicely done!

141 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:An oldie but a goody, then, Dal. Smile Anyway, the whole series of photos worked very nicely.

Randam Hajile wrote:That is a very cool action sequence, Dal! Nicely done!

Thanks so much guys, really pleased you enjoyed this sequence bounce bounce bounce .

151 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
A few more..,

1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51976884688_75c67b6f67_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51977371165_b112d9aba9_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51976884528_d14e65387b_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51975800177_62c5c01fbe_c
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51977370995_18802f2c36_c

161 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice! How big is that dio? I’m assuming most of the Jeep can’t be shown as it would be “off” set. You did a great job filling in that jungle environment.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1 -  Forever Adventuring! C8485110

171 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:30 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice! How big is that dio? I’m assuming most of the Jeep can’t be shown as it would be “off” set. You did a great job filling in that jungle environment.

The whole dio space is just under 4ft (120cm's) by 3ft (90cm's). Yeah, most of the jeep disappears from the side of the dio, but if your creative, you can make most things work bounce bounce bounce .

181 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:28 am

csyeung

csyeung
Great action scene!

191 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:17 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
More great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

201 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice new photos of Daxter, and I can never get enough of your jungle.

211 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:25 pm

Arcata

Arcata
Excellent series!  Your diorama is awesome, your photography is excellent, and your poses are superb.  Thanks for taking the time to make and post it.  I agree with Diana, the last photo looks so real in one quick glance you could easily mistake it for an actual movie still.  Come to think of it, the last photo in both posts is outstanding.  

This is my first post here, so I hope I don't come across as a know it all, but did you consider having Daxter's empty holster be the one under his right armpit?  He's got his Beretta in his left hand, and he's wearing a double gun rig, so the most natural way to draw from a shoulder holster would be cross-draw.  Drawing from a reversed holster on the same side has certainly been done, it was named the "cavalry draw" because mounted soldiers carried their revolvers on the right so they could use their saber with their strong hand, but when everyone decided to use their guns instead of swords, they just started drawing from the same side even though the gun was butt forward in the holster.  Wild Bill Hickok was famous for preferring the cavalry draw, but it really went out of style after him.  If you did it for artistic license, so the second, holstered pistol could be seen easier in the photos, then don't mind me, I'll just go back to my corner.  Laughing  

And finally, I can't tell you how excited I was to see you using the SDH018 for your female in the last couple shots.  I've searched high and low for heads that I like, and the SDH018 is my favorite.  It's the only one I currently own, and when I saw it in person, I ordered the other two hairstyles/colors of the same head as the next two in my collection.  Yours is the first photo I've seen of the head being used... like ever.  Haha...on forums, youtube, Flickr, anywhere.  Sorry for nerding out, but that was very fun to see.  

-Doug

221 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Arcata, if you like that SD head, you are in luck. If anything, it is overused on this forum (at least I feel that way, since I don't like it to the point of finding it difficult to comment on postings where it appears -- to each his own). Smile If you poke around, you will find countless other instances in threads by ThePhotogsBlog and davidd, both in General Talk and Photo Stories. Enjoy!

231 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:01 pm

Arcata

Arcata
GubernatorFan wrote:Arcata, if you like that SD head, you are in luck. If anything, it is overused on this forum (at least I feel that way, since I don't like it to the point of finding it difficult to comment on postings where it appears -- to each his own). Smile If you poke around, you will find countless other instances in threads by ThePhotogsBlog and davidd, both in General Talk and Photo Stories. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip! I have a new mission. Laughing

241 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:28 pm

davidd

davidd
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51980474889_8467910609_z

Razz

251 -  Forever Adventuring! Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:11 pm

Arcata

Arcata
davidd wrote:
1 -  Forever Adventuring! 51980474889_8467910609_z

Razz

Hahaha! Ok, now that’s funny. Laughing

Mine is the one on the left. And apologies to BAMcomix, I didn’t mean to derail your thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum