OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Chapter 8: The Family of Diamonds
Chapter 3: Bringing back one point
It is a dead end over that road, but there is still hope in this one.

Vera is a Ukrainian orphan who was adopted by A of Diamonds at a young age and was sent to Russia to be trained as an assassin. After ten years of hard work, she has become a top international killer, ranking 6th on the leaderboard. Not only is she good at hand-to-hand combat and swordplay, but she is also a very accurate shooter. From of her love of motorbikes, she has built up a group of bike killers and cleaned up many hidden dangers and threats for the Diamond family. Gradually, she entered into a romantic relationship with A of Diamonds.
When the negotiations between the A of Diamonds and the A of Spades broke down, Angelo, the A of Diamonds, was furious because Parker, Saxon's treasurer, had been kidnapped by the Spades, resulting the Diamonds' loss of head start in the fight of the Saxon treasure.

In Angelo's villa, Vera pours a glass of wine and paces over to the sofa, then sits down on Angelo's lap, handing him the glass and saying slowly, "We lost a game, but we still have a chance to bring it back."
Angelo shakes the glass in his hand and looks at Vera half-questioningly, "How long do we have to wait?"
As he speaks Vera's phone rings, she gets up and walks aside to answer it. She holds her phone in one hand and reaches out for the bonsai tree with another, where a jade viper slowly climbs up her arm and flicks its tongue.
After answering the phone Vera rushes to the couch, holding A of Diamonds in her arm and whispers softly in his ear, "Here's our chance, we found the other one, Parker's personal secretary and also his lover."
Angelo looks up at Vera and rubs his hand slowly over her chin, "You are more experienced with women than I do."
A dozen motorbikes are parked outside a garage on an isolated road in a New York neighbourhood, while a biker comes rapidly and pulls up in front of the door. Wrapped in leather outfit, Vera gets off the bike and hangs her helmet up, then walks straight into the garage. In the room a delicate looking woman in her 40s is sitting in a chair, guarded by three sturdy men. Her face is blank and dull, as if she is thinking about something, but a hint of determination and intelligence can still be seen on her.
"What's your name?" Vera asks with a smile as she lights up a cigarette and sits across the woman.
"Bertha," the woman rises her head and replies, her face is very calm.
"How long have you been with Parker and how did you get the information about treasure?" Vera crosses her legs and asks with a serious look on her face.
"I overheard him talking to someone and hacked into his computer to get the information. I also followed him to the cache once." Bertha gives a straightforward answer.
"How can I get this valuable information?" Vera rises her eyebrow and takes a sip from the cigarette.
"What can you offer me?" Bertha flicks her hair, fixes her gaze on Vera and replies with a rhetorical question.
"You have two daughters, I have met them, and they are beautiful, as beautiful as you. I can get them into the best university and support their life until they graduate." Vera rises her corner of mouth. She leans over to the woman and stares on the delicate face.
"Are there any other options?" Bertha questions.
Vera reaches into the backpack next to her. A jade snake crawls up her arm, and the snake slowly opens its mouth wide as it coils around Vera's wrist. She instantly pinches its head, and a pair of fangs are revealed.
"Its venom won't kill them if dosage is controlled carefully, but it will leave them with necrotic limbs that will eventually have to be amputated. You don't want your daughters living the rest of their life with no arms and legs, do you?" Vera answers as she nudges the fangs with her glove.
"How can I trust you to keep your promise?" Bertha asks back with a tight frown and tears beginning to well up in her eyes.
"You just have to believe that we are both women." Vera leans her body back to her chair and exhales a smoke ring.

Vera's snake tattoo on her navel is in the shape of a square, symbolizing the origin of life and maintaining the family of squares

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11545810

Viper on vera's motorcycle helmet

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11545910

DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom--------DIAMONDS 6 VERA GK025 DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangster Kingdom --------- Block 6 Vila GK025 manifest: Head eagle HEADSCULP Prime ACTION BADY clothing: Silver suit SILVER SUIT Silver trousers SILVER PANTS White shirt WHITE SHIRT Tie TIE Black biker jacket BLACK BIKER JACKET Black motorcycle pants BLACK MOTORCYCLE PANTS Black vest black vest Black backpack BLACK BACKPACK Duplex magazine pack x2 DOUBLE MAGAZINE PACK X2 Backpack support plate BACKPACK SUPPORT PLATE Black belt BLACK BELT Black holster x2 BLACK HOLSTER X2 fittings: Motorcycle helmet MOTORCYCLE HELMET Locomotive elbow guard x2 MOTORCYCLE ELBOW GUARD X2 Locomotive knee pad x2 MOTORCYCLE KNEE BRACE X2 Bare hands x5 HAND x5 DOUBLE SWORD (REMOVABLE) Manual hammer x2 PISTOL X2 Pistol magazine x3 Locomotive glove hand x4 LOCOMOTIVE GLOVE HAND X4 Sunglasses SUNGLASSES Long-handled cigarette holder + cigarette LONG HOLDER + CIGARETTE Watch WATCH High heels high HEELS Motorcycle boots MOTORCYCLE
Snake The Snake Barcode: 6970569621067 Retail price: 1380 RMB

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11551710
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11551910
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11552110

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11552310
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11552511
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11552610
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11552810
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11553010
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11553110
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11553311
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 11553410

#newproduct #DamToys #GangsterKingdom #Vera #female #stylized

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks like their least stylized head. I kinda like it (a bit of a Mila Jovovich look), although somehow it seems to lend itself less to kitbashing than some of their other sets.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know. The suit looks nicely tailored. I worry about the motorcycle outfit. I see Milla also in the face.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I'm pretty sure they're going for Ruby Rose.

They've been stylistically inconsistent with their female sculpts, more than with the males. Ada was more or less of a consistent style with the male figures, but Officer Lewis was all the way to a marionette, and now this one isn't really a caricature at all. I do like it a lot. The two different looks really are sharply different (more so than GK have done before) and in a way that makes you want to fill in the story, which I like. In a world where pricing and shipping were still pre-Covid, I woulkd have been severely tempted to get two of these, to keep both the suit and biker versions simultaneously. I doubt I'll go that deep but am definitely looking forward to getting her.

Diana

Diana
I really like the head, though it wouldn't fit into my collection. It looks great inside that helmet with the slightly exaggerated expression.

I really like the pants and jacket. With those she would look great on any Matrix shelf.
But I would want to know more about the body before ordering. If I was tempted, which I'm not, cause I have enough in the pipeline. >_<

The jacket looks great though... Sad

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The short hair and dapper suit reminds me of Annie Lennox of Eurythmics.
The sculpt looks great! That's definitely Milla to me. The hairstyle is similar to what she was sporting in Monster Hunter albeit messier in the movie.
Vera is Ukrainian while Milla was born in Kyiv, Ukraine so maybe...

@Diana, just basing it on the last pic, it seems to me they used their female soldier body with the bigger chest.

This is the Damtoys IDF soldier body,
Description is "Ankle pegs are smaller than other companies pegs on both ends".
https://www.monkeydepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DML2154

csyeung

csyeung
Looks like a pretty good set. I particularly like the pinstriped suit myself. Seems super nicely tailored for a female body. I had thought it was regular leather looking material for the motorcycle outfit, but looks like glossy stretch vinyl instead.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Vera is Ukrainian while Milla was born in Kyiv, Ukraine so maybe...
Interesting... for a moment I though you were talking about Mila Kunis, but I looked it up and you're right, while both were born in Ukraine, it was Milla Jovovich who was born in Kiev. But she is the daughter of a Serbian father and Russian mother, so otherwise less of a match. The things we learn in discussions around our hobby! Smile

teamweapon

those big blocky hands really dont match the sculpt at all!
although they have time to sort it all out as it probably wont arrive for another 18 months.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if the blouse and dress suit are designed to go over the motorcycle pants and bra…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ---- Block 6 Vera/VERA action figure #GK025 C8485110

Diana

Diana
rollotomasi wrote:@Diana, just basing it on the last pic, it seems to me they used their female soldier body with the bigger chest.

This is the Damtoys IDF soldier body,
Description is "Ankle pegs are smaller than other companies pegs on both ends".
https://www.monkeydepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DML2154
You're such an enabler! Laughing Thank you. Smile

Guess I'll keep an eye out for the jacket and pants. Judging by that body the pants might fit a TBL body... I'd give it a try. So I hope somebody here will order this and let us know when they get the invoice or tracking number, so I can start the hunt. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum