OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Valiarde

Just wanted to say that OSK has reopened all preorders for every InArt figure right now for a short period of time. Anyone who missed out and want to spend big, here is your chance Razz

traff120

Superb headsculpt so detailed. Wished it wouldn't cost that much. But quality has it's price tag....

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Looking at it again, I can't get over how excellent it looks. But the price is still far too much for me to spend on a character I actually don't have so much vested in.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking at it again, I can't get over how excellent it looks. But the price is still far too much for me to spend on a character I actually don't have so much vested in.

Definately excellent looking. Can'T wait to see their Aragorn - it is supposed to show up next week on a convention in Asia. So far I haven't seen a really good Viggo sculpt (apart from some very few customs maybe) Smile

csyeung

csyeung
For inart, they'd have to hit on a character I love to tempt me. Luckily for my wallet their lineup so far hasn't done that. I think it's an individual thing though at what price you're willing to pay and how much you love the character is directly related to collectors. So far the figures look very good, but they are setting a high bar for themselves as well which leads to more scrutiny by the community.

blackpool

blackpool
how much is it...?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If I remember correctly $500 USD.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:If I remember correctly $500 USD.

ouch! I hope it's not gonna be the new regular price for a good quality figure with moveable eyes and real hair... Tho it is absolutely stunning on the pictures! (just a bit reluctant about the magnet hands, magnets never stick well to plastic, wether the magnet is weak and the hands will pop off as soon as you pose him, wether it's strong and it will be pulled off the plastic...)

gooboo

That's a lot cheaper than a custom figure would cost though, and these Inart figures seem to be fairly close to custom quality for a fraction of the price. I think that's the niche they're trying to fill.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
An InArt tease of their Aragorn (screen shot taken from a video).

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 3678fd10

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
If it turns out like this, they made a huge upgrae on that first prototype from the convention in September. 
Will sell like hot cakes, even for IA price levels

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, that Aragorn looks quite good.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. That’s the Aragorn I’ve been waiting for. I’m waiting to see how their Gandalf turns out. Looking forward to seeing more pics when it finally goes up for PO.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It does look excellent.

Diana

Diana
That Aragorn looks magnificent. I don't think I'll cave for that one as I resisted on Gandalf already, but it's a tough one to let go. I suppose it'll depend on when it is announced and how finances look then.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Diana wrote:That Aragorn looks magnificent. I don't think I'll cave for that one as I resisted on Gandalf already, but it's a tough one to let go. I suppose it'll depend on when it is announced and how finances look then.

Doesn't matter how finances are when it is announced. You have to worry about finances when it is ready for shipping, which will be a year or more after the preorder.

Diana

Diana
shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:That Aragorn looks magnificent. I don't think I'll cave for that one as I resisted on Gandalf already, but it's a tough one to let go. I suppose it'll depend on when it is announced and how finances look then.

Doesn't matter how finances are when it is announced. You have to worry about finances when it is ready for shipping, which will be a year or more after the preorder.
Weeeeell, I usually pay upfront. If I only pay for the deposit, then I don't care about future finances, because I can always write off the deposit and cancel. But things are weird right now financially...

If they announce Aragorn I might actually put down that deposit, now that I think of it. Arrgh! Thank you for the impulse. Laughing

Cause... it's Aragorn. I saw each one of those three movies on or around my birthday, and of course for II and III my gang and I always watched the one or two movies, extended version, before going to the theatre. It was glorious. Great times. Very Happy

I think I just talked myself into a pre-order.

csyeung

csyeung
Aragon looks really good. This line will be expensive lol, but definitely way better than what Asmus has been producing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have to say I will be highly tempted by Aragorn myself ..... I never bothered with collecting LotR figures because (no offense) the Asmus line has always left something to be desired. But I'd be more than happy to shell out for a high quality Aragorn.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I will definately order him - one of my favourite chars ever and he looks so good here. I alredy have some LotR chars so yeah, nobrainer. 
Rather spend money on one high quality then two medium figures these days

Valiarde

Valiarde
NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 425142-Screenshot-20230106-153417-Facebook

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 425142-Screenshot-20230106-153417-Facebook

Oh no... NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 1f631 NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 1f648

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Is that a positive or negative 'oh no'? Laughing

Valiarde

Valiarde
I bet ot is a "oh no my money!" Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I bet ot is a "oh no my money!" Smile

This. Definitely this.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Is that a positive or negative 'oh no'? Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:

This. Definitely this.

That's exactly what it is. Laughing

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This was posted elsewhere awhile ago, but here is one of the production head sculpts.

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 Img_6018

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: Queen Studios & INART: 1/6 The Lord of the Rings Gandalf (Grey Robe) Action Figure - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Holy cow, this looks great!

Diana

Diana
Don't make me cry. Laughing
I did not order this one. Sadly it is far outside my budget. He looks soooo good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum