OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
You don’t often see anything Mattel rating a mention around here.  This guy counts as “New Product” insofar as they’re just hitting retail now, in advance of the Pixar Lightyear movie that’s coming in July.  I didn’t know about it till I actually saw one in the store.  I’m posting about it because you aren’t likely to come across it unless you happen to walk the retail toy aisles (or if you have a kid who is into Buzz Lightyear), but we do have some retro sci-fi fans, and this is at your local Walmart etc right now.  Unexpected surprise to me.

Costing me $32(Can) [which should be @$25 US] -- this is (a) a fun, relatively cheap 1/6 Pop Culture figure of Buzz in itself, if you have the right sense of humor to accommodate it.  And, more significantly (b), the Space Ranger parts have definite bash potential for a slightly more serious retro sci-fi figure.  In the later pics below, the current Space Ranger parts are matched with a Power Team World Peacekeeper undersuit and body, and the result looks IMHO pretty cool.  A little weathering etc would likely make it better.

Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   25_toy10Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   27_toy10
Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   Both_r10

Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   With_c10
Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   With_p10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s not bad. With a bit of a repaint and some weathering that helmet, etc., may not look so bad.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, this is useful either in itself or for kitbashing.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'll keep my eye out for this, we'll see if they come around these parts.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   1f60e

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nicely done, MBAM.
Are the clip-on boots hard plastic?

Saw them recently, I want to turn that Zyclops into a Horde Trooper for Super Duck She-Ra.
I'll wait for these to go in the sales bin a few months after the movie premiere.

Mattel Pixar Lightyear Space Ranger Gear Buzz XL-01 (for itself or custom parts)   Zurgzy11

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oooh yeah the helmet/chest plate look really good!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum