OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Chung Kim

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 am

brassco

thanks to DJ and Davidd for the links.

It saddened me to see that so many of his beloved collection getting auction off or sold off. Could this be my fate as well? What will happen to my figures once i passed? (really hard to say in these times nowadays). Am i going to make a will to handle my collection?

A browse of these items on ebay, gave me an insight to the hobby DFC has during his time here, and one can definitely call him a Legend in the world of 1/6th...

52RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:48 am

Diana

No need to look at it so pessimistically. It's good that the items are finding new homes where they will hopefully be cherished, possibly even by his friends. The family surely got something for the collection, when handing it over. Probably not as much as the seller will make of it, but in exchange they didn't have to deal with the hassle of selling every single figure themselves. In turn the seller is doing what they likely enjoy and are passionate about. The paragraph about him certainly suggests they know what they've got.

So a little part of him will be travelling the world now, finding a place in 1/6-lovers' homes.
I wish that shipping wasn't around $70, or I'd join the bidding for Skarah. And if I were to win that and she'd end up on my shelf, I'd be thinking of him and the passion with which he wrote whenever I look at her.

There is beauty everywhere, peeps. Just gotta look for it a little harder sometimes.

I love you

53RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:52 am

skywalkersaga

That's a very lovely way of looking at it, Diana. I love you

54RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:03 am

shovelchop81

Diana wrote:No need to look at it so pessimistically. It's good that the items are finding new homes where they will hopefully be cherished, possibly even by his friends. The family surely got something for the collection, when handing it over. Probably not as much as the seller will make of it, but in exchange they didn't have to deal with the hassle of selling every single figure themselves. In turn the seller is doing what they likely enjoy and are passionate about. The paragraph about him certainly suggests they know what they've got.

So a little part of him will be travelling the world now, finding a place in 1/6-lovers' homes.
I wish that shipping wasn't around $70, or I'd join the bidding for Skarah. And if I were to win that and she'd end up on my shelf, I'd be thinking of him and the passion with which he wrote whenever I look at her.

There is beauty everywhere, peeps. Just gotta look for it a little harder sometimes.

I love you

I completely agree.

55RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very nice way to look at it, Diana.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 C8485110

56RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully put, Diana. I was thinking along similar lines myself, although on some level I was also blaming myself for thinking of helping myself to any of his hoarded treasures now that he has passed on. I'm glad no one asked "now what will happen with his collection?" But you are all right, by buying it, we are helping, directly or indirectly, his family -- if nothing else, with exorbitant funerary costs. Bidding on eBay is a little too time-consuming for me these days, but I wish everyone good luck.

57RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I must admit looking at the eBay listings of Chung’s collection brought a lump to my throat. I really miss him.

For you, My Friend.

RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 A662b610
RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 F9adb910

58RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:04 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I only just found out via an FB post from OSK. Floored me when I first read it. RIP DFC, you will be missed. Crying or Very sad

59RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:05 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
I commented elsewhere but not yet here. I remember him as a fixture of the hobby pretty much from when I started back in.... 2008?. much like ActionMan (David) DFC was a regular voice on OSW. I know we butted heads during the more recent years but he was never not entertaining!

It would be an honor to acquire for my Kerberos collection his Takara Tetsurou Kai that is up for bidding, I just hope I can afford the end price and shipping/taxes. A piece of him would continue in my collection as a reminder of him. I hope the same goes for the rest of his collection, I hope they find their way to folk who knew him and who will remember him. When my day comes I hope my collection finds new owners who knew me so I can also be remembered.

60RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:52 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Diana wrote:No need to look at it so pessimistically. It's good that the items are finding new homes where they will hopefully be cherished, possibly even by his friends. The family surely got something for the collection, when handing it over. Probably not as much as the seller will make of it, but in exchange they didn't have to deal with the hassle of selling every single figure themselves. In turn the seller is doing what they likely enjoy and are passionate about. The paragraph about him certainly suggests they know what they've got.

I love you

Wow, this is about the nicest take on this I could ever imagine. Thanks for this well needed dose of optimism Diana. I often wonder what would become of my collection when I'm gone, and this is a genuinely comforting thought, the idea of our passions serving to memorialize us.

61RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:41 pm

csyeung

csyeung
That's a great take on it Diana, thanks for that. From what I read on a facebook post on OSK, the proceeds will indeed be going to his family.

62RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Chung Kim Collection on Ebay Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Zoinko

Hello -

My name is Bruce Zalkin and I wanted to introduce myself. I have been selling toys for over 35 years.
For those of you in Florida my wife and I started and ran the FX Collectibles Show in Orlando Florida from 1991-2006.
We were very sorry to hear of Chung's passing.

We are working with the family to sell his collection. The majority of the proceeds goes to his family.
They are very thankful for any kind words and I am more than happy to pass these on directly to the family .
They are also very happy that his collection is going to fellow collectors that will appreciate these items and cherish them for years to come.

The collection is extensive and it will be sold over the next few months. The majority of the items are being sold at auction with a low starting price of $19.95 with no reserve, so all collectors will have a chance to buy items.

If it is okay with the forum, he had a collection of items that were displayed and I may ask for some help identifying some of these figures.

Thanks so much and Happy Collecting!
Bruce

63RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome, and thanks for helping out with Chung’s stuff, Bruce. Sad occasion to join us, but it’s good to know that his family can rest easy that his stuff will be handled by fellow collectors. Feel free to post pics of the items and hopefully there are plenty here that can help identify the pieces.

64RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Zoinko

Thanks you.  When I get to the loose stuff I will post some pictures. Should I do it here or in a different thread/post?

65RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much for posting here! We would of course be happy to help in any way. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

66RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Zoinko

I have a one right now.
Who made this Jason Statham figure?
Box is blank with no markings.
RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Img_1110
RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Img_1111
RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Img_1112

67RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:15 pm

Zoinko

And this  Vin Diesel? RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Img_1113

68RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Statham is the Very Hot USSOCOM Navy SEAL UDT.

I think the Diesel is by Ace Toyz — which made a F&F Domonic Loretto — it was called “Mr. Vin” (and the last name changed to Toretto).

69RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Zoinko

Thank you!

Will be listing them tonight! Have a good weekend!

70RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:41 am

brassco

brassco
Zoinko, so you are the one trusted to sell DFC's collection...

How did it started? care to share? (I would like to know the thoughts going thru' DFC's mind if he made those arrangement...)

71RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 am

Zoinko

Yes, we are selling the collecting. His family made the arrangements with us.
thanks Bruce

72RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:03 am

brassco

brassco
https://www.ebay.com/itm/394209512503?hash=item5bc8b7cc37:g:5ZEAAOSwvCRjAmxK

The La Muerta from Phicen is now up for bidding! Anyone who missed this, here's the chance!

73RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:50 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Chung’s collection couldn’t be in better hands, so if you see something you’re interested in bidding on, do so knowing that Chung’s legacy is being honored, and that the seller is only working on commission. The majority of the proceeds are going to Chung’s family.

I’m making a run at LaMuerta, but the competition will be fierce!

74RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good luck, Tom. I hope you can get her.

75RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:57 pm

brassco

brassco
RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 <a href=RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Screenshot-2022-08-27-105507"

someone must have wanted this so bad...I think there are more of this, considering DFC's habitual 6 units purchase per figure...

76RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:09 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad his stuff is sought after, especially since the proceeds go to his family. : )

Sorry you missed out though...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

77RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:22 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
brassco wrote:RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 <a href=RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Screenshot-2022-08-27-105507"

someone must have wanted this so bad.

That’s what she typically goes for unfortunately. Far more than I’m willing to pay for a figure.

78RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:35 pm

ahbake

What an amazing collection he had!
There's sooooo much stuff there. It's like going into a museum of 1/6 collecting...

79RIP Chung Kim - Page 3 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:16 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I was never able to cross paths with Mr. Kim since I’ve only been in the game for a short while, not to mention really only participate in discussion on this forum, but you can tell he was absolutely ecstatic for anything relating to the sixth scale world as his collection runs the entire gamut, and that’s just awesome in my book. The sheer volume of his collection has blown me away thus far.

I guess the purpose of this post is to say that I have already acquired 4 individual sixth scale pieces from Chung’s collection, and I will treasure those specific items in my own collection for many years to come. I try not to think of it as a “free-for-all” in regards to his collection, and instead look at it as I’m carrying on his legacy, even if I never knew him.

It has been interesting to see how specific figures/sets do shoot up within the final seconds of the auction listing. I guess that just goes to shows you how passionate some folks are for a specific intellectual property or character given the chance to own it brand new, some being long out of production. I’ve been shocked with some of the final numbers on the earlier Phicen executive series figure sets.

I’ve been eyeing the Soosootoys Bat Lady figure for awhile now and thought I lost my chance as the seller already sold one. However being Chung, he bought multiples of her and I was able to pick her up with a second listing and for that I am thankful.

RIP Chung, I will take great care of your pieces.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum