OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Chung Kim

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:09 am

skywalkersaga

Glad his stuff is sought after, especially since the proceeds go to his family. : )

Sorry you missed out though...

77RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:22 pm

Xavion2004

brassco wrote:RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 <a href=RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Screenshot-2022-08-27-105507"

someone must have wanted this so bad.

That’s what she typically goes for unfortunately. Far more than I’m willing to pay for a figure.

78RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:35 pm

ahbake

What an amazing collection he had!
There's sooooo much stuff there. It's like going into a museum of 1/6 collecting...

79RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:16 am

collectorofmany

I was never able to cross paths with Mr. Kim since I’ve only been in the game for a short while, not to mention really only participate in discussion on this forum, but you can tell he was absolutely ecstatic for anything relating to the sixth scale world as his collection runs the entire gamut, and that’s just awesome in my book. The sheer volume of his collection has blown me away thus far.

I guess the purpose of this post is to say that I have already acquired 4 individual sixth scale pieces from Chung’s collection, and I will treasure those specific items in my own collection for many years to come. I try not to think of it as a “free-for-all” in regards to his collection, and instead look at it as I’m carrying on his legacy, even if I never knew him.

It has been interesting to see how specific figures/sets do shoot up within the final seconds of the auction listing. I guess that just goes to shows you how passionate some folks are for a specific intellectual property or character given the chance to own it brand new, some being long out of production. I’ve been shocked with some of the final numbers on the earlier Phicen executive series figure sets.

I’ve been eyeing the Soosootoys Bat Lady figure for awhile now and thought I lost my chance as the seller already sold one. However being Chung, he bought multiples of her and I was able to pick her up with a second listing and for that I am thankful.

RIP Chung, I will take great care of your pieces.

80RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am

brassco

brassco
[img]RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Chungkim[/img]

DFC is the one in the middle, correct?

81RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:46 am

brassco

brassco
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374264820921?hash=item5723ebf4b9:g:0l0AAOSw2g9jKeAs

La Muerta from TBL again...let the race begin!

82RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:31 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
brassco wrote:RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Chungkim

DFC is the one in the middle, correct?

Yes, that is correct. Thank you for posting that. I’ve always left the picture taking up to my wife, and since she never went to the shows with us (it’s not really her thing, and the kids were too young to be left home alone back then), I have no pictures of him. I still can’t believe he’s gone.

83RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for confirming, Xavion. Stunned as many of us are, it must be especially jarring for you.

84RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, thanks for confirming the photo. He looks pretty much like how I would have pictured him. :')

And *hugs* to you, Xavion, for your loss. RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 1f494

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

85RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:39 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for confirming, Xavion. Stunned as many of us are, it must be especially jarring for you.

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, thanks for confirming the photo. He looks pretty much like how I would have pictured him. :')

And *hugs* to you, Xavion, for your loss.  RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 1f494

Thank you. Even though we know better in our heads, I think we believe in our hearts that we all get to live long, happy lives and ride off into the sunset together. When we’re reminded that not all of us are that fortunate, it is jarring, but I have a lot of good memories of Chung, and that’s what I try to stay focused on.

86RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:03 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Well… This is one sorry development.

Not a close friend personally, or anything like that. AND, Chung has pissed me off like no other on rare occasion and I told him so.
Still, he had very, very kind and encouraging words concerning some of my feeble attempts. Maybe they were better than I thought, or perhaps we found our common ground through some of the subject matter. Whatever the reason, I developed an odd adoration of his posts and was truly sorry when he left this board.
Now, I read this and am further saddened that our virtual paths will not cross again.
My warmest condolences to his family. He was one of a kind.

87RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, thanks Xavion. I found the asian guy he post to many of my threads. I thought it was picture of himself.   Rolling Eyes

he was always very nice to me. But my English is also too bad to notice when I'm cleverly insulted

Miss him too.

RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Oh_my110

88RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Ah, thanks Xavion. I found the asian guy he post to many of my threads. I thought it was picture of himself.   Rolling Eyes

he was always very nice to me. But my English is also too bad to notice when I'm cleverly insulted

Miss him too.

RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Oh_my110
I'm sure Chung never meant to insult you. And that is George Takei, who played Sulu in Star Trek.

89RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:43 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote: And that is George Takei, who played Sulu in Star Trek.

Heh, that gave me a chuckle. That's so on brand for Chung to have used that for his avatar.

90RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote: And that is George Takei, who played Sulu in Star Trek.

Heh, that gave me a chuckle. That's so on brand for Chung to have used that for his avatar.
It wasn't an avatar. I think he used it once in a while to express (I suspect mock) shock.
Believe it or not, even I have managed to (mock) shock him, in private communications. I'm sure he loved every minute of it. Smile

91RIP Chung Kim - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Chung Kim Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:
It wasn't an avatar. I think he used it once in a while to express (I suspect mock) shock.
Believe it or not, even I have managed to (mock) shock him, in private communications. I'm sure he loved every minute of it. Smile

Haha, that's awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum