OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repair (nsfw)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Repair (nsfw) Empty Repair (nsfw) Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:13 pm

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
Once again not my tutorial, but I came across this while researching TPE. Now, this person's dolls are the more life-sized kind, and she does use a smaller sex doll as an example of how to repair tears, but nothing explicit is shown. Just wanted to give a heads up for content!

This may be a good method for repairing instead of something like TPE glue, which I've heard from others that it just damaged theirs worse down the line.

Of course it's very possible (and likely) that the TPE formula is different between those dolls and the 1:6 seamless ones, but I think it might be something worth looking into.

The channel hasn't been updated in a while so I'm not sure if they'll respond to my questions, but if anyone has any spare skin (or uh...toys) lying around, it may be worth experimenting with!

Mildly inappropriate speculation lol:

What do yall think of this method?

2Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:51 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Regarding your spoiler: I thought TPE was a kind of silicone, but apparantly it's more like rubber
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoplastic_elastomer

There are several kinds, and I don't know if the 1:6 are made from the same kind as the 1:1.

Spoiler:

3Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:25 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
TravelGuide wrote:Regarding your spoiler: I thought TPE was a kind of silicone, but apparantly it's more like rubber
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoplastic_elastomer

There are several kinds, and I don't know if the 1:6 are made from the same kind as the 1:1.

Spoiler:

Yeah the cool thing about TPE vs silicone is that it's meant to be reusable/recyclable. But yeah even people noticing the differences between the different brands of 1:6 dolls makes me wonder.

Spoiler:

4Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:40 am

gooboo

Not an expert in materials or mass production, but from the little silicone moldmaking/sculpting I've done so far I can definitely say that high quality silicone (meaning platinum silicone) is really quite expensive, so it's not a surprise that mass produced "silicone" objects aren't actually silicone. From what I've read TPE is more convenient for the process of mass production since all you have to do is heat it up and inject it into a mold. I imagine Phicens would be a bit more expensive if they were actually made of silicone.

I've wanted to test out various TPE glues on Phicens to see which one worked the best, but I've never gotten around to it.

5Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:13 am

christrang

this video is nothing short of it and the phicen figurines are not TPE so we are still not advanced

6Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:32 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
christrang wrote:this video is nothing short of it and the phicen figurines are not TPE so we are still not advanced

Not to be rude but what are you trying to say

7Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Apparently there are different kinds of TPE, with slightly different qualities. TBLeague and Jiaou TPE perform slightly differently, with the latter easier to damage or stain.

8Repair (nsfw) Empty Re: Repair (nsfw) Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:09 pm

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
There are a lot of different recipes for TPE but they're still all TPE. That's why testing and experimenting is important. I don't have any reason to believe the tips in the video would be moot but I don't have a torn doll to practice with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum