OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
SHARKTOYS : 1/12 Fantasy Female Warrior Action Figure (NO:SK005)

List:
  - Hair transplant head sculpt*1
  - Replacement hand *8
  - Movable plastic body*1

clothing:
  - vest*1
  - Sleeve *2
  - Armor*1
  - Belt x1
  - Short skirt*1
  - Underpants*1
  - Stockings*2
  - Leather boots*2

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0173
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0276
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0373
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0472
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0571
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0670
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0768
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0866
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 0965
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1061
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1160
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1254
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1347
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1440
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1536
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1632
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1729
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior 1827

#newproduct #SharkToys #FantasyFemaleWarrior #female #videogame-based

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have to say, this hobby is seriously starting to get boring and repetitive. How many versions of Tifa is this now — 15? 20? Yawn. Some of these 3rd party companies need to up their game and come up with stuff that isn’t exactly the same thing over and over (like Hot Toys does for licensed product).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior C8485110

Visisonor

Visisonor
Devil's advocate mode on: how many of them were actually released at 1/12 scale?

To be fair, I agree about repetitiveness, but I see some kitbash potential here (more hands than in Superduck offering, clothes etc).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I share Mark's opinion, but then again I'm not attached to this character. For all I know this will delight her fans. And Visisonor is right, I don't think there have been that many in 12th scale. But I wouldn't really know, I guess.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Shouldn't this thread be in "non-sixth scale actionfigures." That's where all the other announcements for 1/12 figures are.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:Shouldn't this thread be in "non-sixth scale actionfigures." That's where all the other announcements for 1/12 figures are.

Yes, moved.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanls.

Looks interesting. The figure doesn't seem to be seamless though, I see a seam at the shoulder in some of the pics.

Diana

Diana
She looks great! Better than the Super Duck version, which I have on PO. Grr. Arrgh.

davidd

davidd
Nicely detailed fig! She looks as good as her 1/6-scale counterparts!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Is this the same one as in the thread Stryker started a while ago? It looks like it and has the same number:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6099-new-product-sharktoys-sk005-1-12-scale-fantasy-female-warrior

Diana

Diana
Thank you, TravelGuide. I'm merging my double post and replacing the images of this first post with the larger ones. Very Happy

That in hand photo really annoys me, because it confirms just how amazing she looks compared to the Super Duck version, which has just shipped. So selling that one will take a while if I want to switch. Rolling Eyes

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I hope these pics are not going to annoy you more, because Ms. Lockhart arrived at my place, and I do like her (although she has one slight imperfection).

The box has nice artwork
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6625

Since it was dry and not too cold I took some pics in my backyard.
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6618

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6619

Her boots are awesome!
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6624

Her armguard is nicely detailed with rivets.

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6617

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6620

Although there was some staining on her armsleeve (I already got rid of it).
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6622

When I took her out of the box, it seemed there was something slightly off with her eyes. It seemed to me she squinted a bit. Her right eye seemed to look a bit inward, which it is a teensy bit. On the pics it turns out her left pupil isn't quite centered. But here her face is blown up about 8 or 10 times. If you look at her from about 20 cm away, it's not noticable.
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6623

What's very nice, is that her skirt doesn't crawl up, because it has a strap from front to back, not quite inbuilt panties, but pretty close.

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I'm glad I didn't pre-order because I don't like how the head turned out at all!
I guess that means I can unbox the SD version now. Should be an interesting comparison. Maybe that'll be my gift to myself this year! (I was thinking about selling the set.)

My major concern with the SD version compared to this one was that the tops don't have seams, which should make this version more rubust. It also looks like higher quality, but it does also spoil the scale illusion a little.

I shall post photos. Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Nice - thanks, TravelGuide.
Mine is on her way. Will probably arrive in January.
I chose this version over Superduck because it comes with a body (by the way, which body it is? Seems like T03A from parted-out lots on ebay) and more hands.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
@Diana, now you annoy me a bit Wink

@Visisonor, I thought she'd fit between your other figures and thought the same regarding SD. I'm not sure which body it is, I don't have much to compare to, only Sonja, Arhian, Arhian pirate and Sariah (pics of them in my roughly 1:12 boat here), who are all the same body and have a bit more flesh/muscle on their thighs. Tifa has the white body. I prefer that over TBLeague's suntan, which I find too greyish.

Hm, now I'm mentioning the boat, I probably should pics take of Tifa in it.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I wanted to try this.

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Img_6722

Lighting could be better though.

Edit: huh, post #777

Visisonor

Visisonor
She has finally arrived.
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5211 VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5210 VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5212

I think the body is T02 (anime proportions).
The skirt seems to be too bulky and rides too high compared to character art, and I can't lower it (I had this impression form promo pictures for both this figure and Superduck clothes set).

Other parts of outfit are pretty good. The boots sit relatively tight on the ankle joint so she can do high kicks without any stands and supports:
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5213

There might be this cross-eyedness on close up shots that TravelGuide noticed
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5214
Though mine has a tint of red in one eye (maybe she spent the last weekend installing Gentoo or something)
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5215

Oh, and the rubber band holding her hair together is a bit frustrating. I tried to fix a few loose hairs and ended up making it worse, had to remove it and couldn't put back in that many loops. Need to try some ribbon instead.

I thought of picking a parted out Superduck head if I didn't like this one, but I like it enough. Moreover, I had absolutely no exposure to Tifa (so I already broke my rule of only getting figures of characters I have some attachment to), so even if she looks not as on promo pics, I am not too bothered by that.

Comparisons (girls with long dark hair):
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5216

Some quick action:
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5217

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice pics Smile

It's probably a given that skirts, especially the faux leather ones, at this scale are a bit bulky.

Just like you I haven't had a lot exposure to Tifa, and I think ahe's nice enough, although she does look better on the box. It also dependa on the angle you're looking at her. From straight forward her face looks too round or maybe too wide around the cheekbones compared to the artwork.

I also took off the ribbon in her hair, but that's because I wanted her with her hair loose.

Visisonor

Visisonor
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5256

Tried a ribbon to tie Tifa's hair.
Does it look too bulky?

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5257

Diana

Diana
I do think it looks a little bulky, but not significantly. There are probably better solutions out there but it is a very good interim solution. ^^

Visisonor

Visisonor
Notice anything different here?
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5611
Spoiler:

And here a direct comparison of SharkToys and Super Duck heads (don't mind height difference, it's because of boots):
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5610
VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SharkToys: SK005 1/12 Scale Fantasy Female Warrior Cnr_5612

Yes, I've got the Super Duck set. I considered buying parted out wristbands for something else, then thought the skirt could be made to sit lower (which is true), then wanted to compare the heads and at some point the total price of parted out parts exceeded that of the whole set, so I've bought the whole set. So now I'm faced with eternal problem of what to do with it...

Diana

Diana
I love the SD set. They look great next to each other, like sisters! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum