OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gorgeous progress. And not just because she is so cute. Still looks perfectly like metal. Secret weathering technique? Smile Forming the outfit (or armor) on the actual figure makes very good sense. I've done a little bit of that, but with much more remedial items.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

Wow! what an amazing figure! the Armour is wonderful!

Valiarde

This leg armor is unbelievable. Work of art, making a functional armor/knee out of worbla. Could never do that myself

What a great upgrade of your first character

Ovy

Seven Pillars wrote:So many types of skillsets involved in making this build. I bet you can also look for 'em, find 'em and kill 'em!

I hope you keep evolving her look and expanding on her story. This is kinda epic.
Thanks so much! This project really made me look in many unknown places.  And yes her job description also involves a lot of looking, finding and killing.

Stryker2011 wrote:She’s coming along nicely. Forming the greaves directly on the figure was a smart idea. cheers
Thanks a lot! :Cheers:

GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous progress. And not just because she is so cute. Still looks perfectly like metal. Secret weathering technique? Smile Forming the outfit (or armor) on the actual figure makes very good sense. I've done a little bit of that, but with much more remedial items.
Thanks so much. Secret weathering technique, well...the gambeson was soaked in water often because I formed the armor on it. Non sterile environments and paint dirty fingers did the rest.

What characters are you refering to in regard of forming clothing directly on the figure, the Conanarians?

BAMComix wrote:Wow! what an amazing figure! the Armour is wonderful!
Thanks sir,  some day I might actually finish this character.

Valiarde wrote:This leg armor is unbelievable. Work of art, making a functional armor/knee out of worbla. Could never do that myself

What a great upgrade of your first character
Thanks a lot, not sure yet if I will trim down the greaves for more functionality.

The clothing you gave me really made this reboot possible. Very Happy

When the Emperors and Kings conquered the North Polar Center in the second generation, driving away the natives from their most holy grounds in hope of using its time warping abilities to their advantage, they called out an 'Age of Hope'.

One generation later not much progress has been made in stopping the dead.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-224804

Now, tired soldiers even call this the Age of Hopelessness.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-220330

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-220952

They say Kuraszpatran soldiers never tire. While some claim it to be the truth, others will tell you it's because of heavy black eye tattoos that hide the rings under their eyes.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-221737

The black eyes represent the Spawn, one of their most revered holy beings.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-224035

Never before have so many gods, spirits, ghosts and eternal beings been united against a common foe. In books, scrolls and songs they have powers to create life, eat worlds and give birth to stars.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-222803

After dozens of perilous years, they are still invisible.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-223255

'A test of faith' is one of the most common answers by priests, monks and however they are called. Well, one can hope.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20210530-223604

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Thanks so much. Secret weathering technique, well...the gambeson was soaked in water often because I formed the armor on it. Non sterile environments and paint dirty fingers did the rest.

What characters are you refering to in regard of forming clothing directly on the figure, the Conanarians?

The new photos are appropriately moody and beautiful. Sometimes I feel we need brighter things in our art given how dark out world is, but there is no denying your excellence in skill, creativity, and art. Very interesting environment, too.

Natural weathering sounds like a great approach, and seems to work very well.

Yes, indeed, some of the Conanesque warriors, especially in this update (and in several later posts, including one where you identified the castle) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t792p45-conanesque-a-fantasy-warrior-kitbash-update-5-february-2020#33752

And the female warriors (with the big helmets) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3810-cynanesque-female-fantasy-warriors-updated-with-part-ii-agathodaimon#51074

Diana

Diana
Oh yay! She is coming along (not too) beautifully, and that armor looks fantastic!
Definitely gonna have to go the worbla route for my armored figures, too. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really well done. Photos and posing. So moody and the storyline fits them so well. Great job, Ovy. Really love these new shots, that give an entirely new perspective of this character — a more human side that’s often missing in fantasy stories about warriors.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The shots are beautiful, its the lightning. I like how her armor is looking so far, great work on making and putting all those pieces together.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Incredible work, Ovy!!! The story and photos are moody and immersive. Beautiful lighting and realistic posing. As Stryker says, gives the character some humanity/vulnerability.

(So sorry I'm so far behind on this thread.... I somehow forgot to comment on the lamellar armour, even. It looks amazing!!!)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
These poses are phenomenal. I love them, really deep. Not just "ugh ugh I'm warrior, ZoooombieSlayer"

The lighting and backdrop really work for me too

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Yikes, I step away for a few weeks and this is what you hit us with! I'd say you've matched my former Burittsukuriigu with a proper Kesselschlacht of annihilation?  Question Cool

I love it how you said you were looking for a "simpler" armor than the plates but then you go ahead and print these dozens (hundreds?) of lamellae and then string them together, like that's so much simpler!  Razz Seriously good work, Ovy!

Jaroyesz is looking awesome with the new armor and gambeson, even though I know she's not finished yet (is it ever?)! Great photography, too, with the diorama environment and posing.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:Thanks so much. Secret weathering technique, well...the gambeson was soaked in water often because I formed the armor on it. Non sterile environments and paint dirty fingers did the rest.

The new photos are appropriately moody and beautiful. Sometimes I feel we need brighter things in our art given how dark out world is, but there is no denying your excellence in skill, creativity, and art. Very interesting environment, too.

Natural weathering sounds like a great approach, and seems to work very well.

Yes, indeed, some of the Conanesque warriors, especially in this update (and in several later posts, including one where you identified the castle) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t792p45-conanesque-a-fantasy-warrior-kitbash-update-5-february-2020#33752

And the female warriors (with the big helmets) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3810-cynanesque-female-fantasy-warriors-updated-with-part-ii-agathodaimon#51074
Ah good seeing these ones again, so often threads get.lost in the land beyond page 1.

And thanks a lot, but yes it has to be that dark and sad, makes Jaroyesz's dark humour more impactful. I have a bit of stories in my head, they still know how to have fun.

But if you want more Happiness, you know where to find  _r a i n b o w p e o p l e.

Diana wrote:Oh yay! She is coming along (not too) beautifully, and that armor looks fantastic!
Definitely gonna have to go the worbla route for my armored figures, too. Smile
Thanks a lot, hope it goes well for you too!

Stryker2011 wrote:Really well done. Photos and posing. So moody and the storyline fits them so well. Great job, Ovy. Really love these new shots, that give an entirely new perspective of this character — a more human side that’s often missing in fantasy stories about warriors.
Thanks so much. Great to hear your thoughts on the human side.  I think in fantasy the human side can easily be overshadowed by heroism/destiny/chosen-one-ness and war often is a backdrop or adventure. While the figures I focus on aren't about single handedly winning the war or facing some Dark Lord , but just those unmagical background grunts that anonymously fight and die for their people and all these heroes' fame.

Theboo-bomb wrote:The shots are beautiful, its the lightning. I like how her armor is looking so far, great work on making and putting all those pieces together.
Thanks so much

skywalkersaga wrote:Incredible work, Ovy!!! The story and photos are moody and immersive. Beautiful lighting and realistic posing. As Stryker says, gives the character some humanity/vulnerability.

(So sorry I'm so far behind on this thread.... I somehow forgot to comment on the lamellar armour, even. It looks amazing!!!)
Thanks a lot, like that you can find some immersion there already.

Valiarde wrote:These poses are phenomenal. I love them, really deep. Not just "ugh ugh I'm warrior, ZoooombieSlayer"

The lighting and backdrop really work for me too
Thanks a lot, it would not have been that authentic with a plastic body.

But I hope there will be Ughugh zombislayör pics too one day xD

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Yikes, I step away for a few weeks and this is what you hit us with! I'd say you've matched my former Burittsukuriigu with a proper Kesselschlacht of annihilation?  Question Cool

I love it how you said you were looking for a "simpler" armor than the plates but then you go ahead and print these dozens (hundreds?) of lamellae and then string them together, like that's so much simpler!  Razz Seriously good work, Ovy!

Jaroyesz is looking awesome with the new armor and gambeson, even though I know she's not finished yet (is it ever?)! Great photography, too, with the diorama environment and posing.
Thanks a lot! And I try to make little bits, but it accumulates of course.

And yeah, those lamellar thing...weird where a thought can lead sometimes. It's not exactly easy, but straightforward. You need to be concentrated to don't make mistakes but the brain adjusts fast. I have seen lamellae for Japanese armors too, but they have so many holes it.might fry the brain 🦧Razz

Found an old empty photoalbum that belonged to dad, it's fake leather cover is thin and relatively sturdy and has a good texture, so it was game changer i creation of belts.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_134930

I had these tiny buckles made of Chinese quality steel and brass nails and got to work.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_134734

Sometimes I used a buckle, sometimes only brass nails and strap to represent pegs or buttons.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_134835

Also upper leg skirt, tried different styles

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210603_201117_2

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_133720

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_140334

These are outdated now but I liked them
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210530_224929

The eye paint makes them appear larger in the right light.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210530_225152

Had to reduce the pauldrons for more articulation.

Black parts are v1, yellow v2 prototype. I split the big one in two as mentioned
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210606_202618

Upper left are the patterns I created. And yes sabatons, but another time

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_140613

Pauldrons are attached by string
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_140258

Don't know but i like dis foto
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_140229

And finally belly armor/plackart. Had numerous tries and options

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20210610_135306

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I really enjoyed this in-depth look at the segmented armor. Very cool. At times I worry about your ruthless recycling of family heirlooms (from grandma's stockings to your dad's photo album), but your creativity, skill, and results make it easy to forget. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, your finished work is always inspiring and a treat for the eyes, but I also appreciate your willingness to share all the various WIP photos. Really illustrates just how much time, hard work, attention to detail goes into your figures. Is Jaroyesz your ultimate fave? you put a very high level of care and perfectionism into her. :')

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Terrific WIP as usual Ovy! Everytime I see your work I'm both envious and admiring of your talent, industriousness, and creativity. And then my "brain hurts," to borrow your favorite phrase!  Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Does your dad know you’ve destroyed his photo album for your amazing art. Some really amazing craftsmanship, and attention to detail has gone into this project. I’m so impressed with all of this.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunningly beautiful work Ovy! it looks so good! as it has to be said, does the chaps hair modelling the Armour!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Amazing work! You have passion! Attention to detail and props are fantastic as well as the outstanding undead!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Woah, that armor is beautiful. You are an armorsmith now, Ovy!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Some small but Important WIP upgrades.

The old sculpted gauntlets were far too large for the new armor, so I put some heavy coats of primer over the tbleauge grip hands and sculpted armor on them with miliput. The second part will be either Worbla or Miliput again.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_175911

The inner part will get a leather color.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_180205

Also gud for punching in faces
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_184701

Made a new gorget and updated the bevor. The pauldrons are tied to the larger gorget, the bevor is now only held via leather strip around the neck, so it is not stiff anymore and can move with the head.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_185547

Finally found a Sallet file how I initially imagined it (turbosquid). Drilled some holes for a nail hinge to make it moveable.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_190950

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_185310

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_185947

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX_20211119_190411

Some late responses

GubernatorFan wrote:I really enjoyed this in-depth look at the segmented armor. Very cool. At times I worry about your ruthless recycling of family heirlooms (from grandma's stockings to your dad's photo album), but your creativity, skill, and results make it easy to forget. Smile
Thanks a lot! And I wouldn't worry. Better than throwing it away, haha.

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, your finished work is always inspiring and a treat for the eyes, but I also appreciate your willingness to share all the various WIP photos. Really illustrates just how much time, hard work, attention to detail goes into your figures. Is Jaroyesz your ultimate fave? you put a very high level of care and perfectionism into her. :')
Thanks a lot! Yeah the WIPs and all of you keep me going. Well Jaroyesz is certainly a favorite, she is the point of view character of the first character driven short stories I wrote. Intresting to see how she develops, now that she has her own universe and I am free of the inconsistently written world, haha.

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Terrific WIP as usual Ovy! Everytime I see your work I'm both envious and admiring of your talent, industriousness, and creativity. And then my "brain hurts," to borrow your favorite phrase!  Razz
Thanks a lot, wherever you are. Sad

Stryker2011 wrote:Does your dad know you’ve destroyed his photo album for your amazing art. Some really amazing craftsmanship, and attention to detail has gone into this project. I’m so impressed with all of this.
No sadly he died 12 years ago, but I think he wouldn't have minded using the stuff for creative purpose. Would have been his birthday today. And thanks so much for following all the progress!

BAMComix wrote:Stunningly beautiful work Ovy! it looks so good! as it has to be said, does the chaps hair modelling the Armour!
Thanks BAM!

Pontiacivan wrote:Amazing work! You have passion! Attention to detail and props are fantastic as well as the outstanding undead!
Thanks a lot my Retrofuturistic Van friend.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Woah, that armor is beautiful. You are an armorsmith now, Ovy!
Thanks boo

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow! Impeccable work on the hand armor/armor-covered hands. And beautiful articulated sallet. That shot with her eye being visible through the opening is pure genius. The whole look of the character is a perfect balance of utilitarian and elegant, sleek metal and rugged no-nonsense. I don't know what's the proper way to put it, but "happy birthday" to your dad, may he rest in peace.
Congratulations on your much deserved prize in the Figurenwettbewerb 2021!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stunning work on modifying those hands!!! Working on those tiny hands can be so fiddly, it's amazing how smooth and professional the outcome looks!

And I'm sorry about your dad. 06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 1f494

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
First, my condolences about your Dad.

Second: Holy $@#t the upgrades are awesome. The gauntlets and new helmet look fantastic. I love the finished look — so beautiful.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That worbla armor is beautiful and really well made. I'm sorry about your dad, I'm sure he would probably like what you've done with the album.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Masterful posing. The pictures are just fantastic. The armor is amazing as ever

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks a lot dear people.

Just a random progress post, as I am sewing some pants at the moment. I neglected the pants for too long, only had placeholder Hot Toys Alice pants for a long time (from my only Hot Toys product and they were the worst pants by far)

Also made those fake leather thingies for the gauntlets.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-014159

After I found that two colored gambeson I decided to buy it for Jaroyesz for more interesting color scheme, now I decided to also make a two colored medieval fancy pants we will mostly never see because of the armor. Or in this case, the lighting.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015019

I actually had stretchy fabric im fitting colors lying around.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015357

It's the second version, the third will be more fitting.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015140

It has a cord sewn in
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015217

Next version will have reversed colors so the colors are alternating like here, but in the front.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-014756

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-014852

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015053

Basic look from her PFI days.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-014930

Here with pig face bascinet from another WIP character
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-015453

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 5 PSX-20220329-014707

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I like the color scheme. You did a good job with her new pants, etc. (I’m assuming the armor actually does fit over all of it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy to see this project advance. The gambeson works great, as do the pants (which you are making from scratch!); I also think the alternating colors will be even cooler. The whole thing might end up more medieval fantasy than post-apocalyptic fantasy (or maybe you have two different fantasy worlds you are working on and I was getting confused) -- anyway, I'm loving it. Nice to see her alongside some of the others.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum