OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Wow! Impeccable work on the hand armor/armor-covered hands. And beautiful articulated sallet. That shot with her eye being visible through the opening is pure genius. The whole look of the character is a perfect balance of utilitarian and elegant, sleek metal and rugged no-nonsense. I don't know what's the proper way to put it, but "happy birthday" to your dad, may he rest in peace.
Congratulations on your much deserved prize in the Figurenwettbewerb 2021!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Stunning work on modifying those hands!!! Working on those tiny hands can be so fiddly, it's amazing how smooth and professional the outcome looks!

And I'm sorry about your dad. 06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 1f494

Stryker2011

Founding Father
First, my condolences about your Dad.

Second: Holy $@#t the upgrades are awesome. The gauntlets and new helmet look fantastic. I love the finished look — so beautiful.

Theboo-bomb

That worbla armor is beautiful and really well made. I'm sorry about your dad, I'm sure he would probably like what you've done with the album.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Masterful posing. The pictures are just fantastic. The armor is amazing as ever

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks a lot dear people.

Just a random progress post, as I am sewing some pants at the moment. I neglected the pants for too long, only had placeholder Hot Toys Alice pants for a long time (from my only Hot Toys product and they were the worst pants by far)

Also made those fake leather thingies for the gauntlets.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-014159

After I found that two colored gambeson I decided to buy it for Jaroyesz for more interesting color scheme, now I decided to also make a two colored medieval fancy pants we will mostly never see because of the armor. Or in this case, the lighting.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015019

I actually had stretchy fabric im fitting colors lying around.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015357

It's the second version, the third will be more fitting.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015140

It has a cord sewn in
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015217

Next version will have reversed colors so the colors are alternating like here, but in the front.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-014756

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-014852

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015053

Basic look from her PFI days.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-014930

Here with pig face bascinet from another WIP character
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-015453

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 PSX-20220329-014707

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I like the color scheme. You did a good job with her new pants, etc. (I’m assuming the armor actually does fit over all of it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy to see this project advance. The gambeson works great, as do the pants (which you are making from scratch!); I also think the alternating colors will be even cooler. The whole thing might end up more medieval fantasy than post-apocalyptic fantasy (or maybe you have two different fantasy worlds you are working on and I was getting confused) -- anyway, I'm loving it. Nice to see her alongside some of the others.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning work!

Diana

Diana
She looks so amazing!! I love her stare. Very Happy
And well done with the pants! They work beautifully.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks excellent all put together. Amazing job on the tights/pants, they add such a perfect touch to the outfit. That first pic with her hair and her expression is so striking. Always in awe of your work! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very colorful, I like the red and white and I agree, alternating the color of the pants will make her look fare more interesting.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Dear people, these will be the last pictures I post in this thread.

I think I finished the most important parts of Jaroyesz's armor now. There will always be something more to do and upgrades to be made, some items are more placeholder but still functional. Yesterday for the first time everything was properly attached and ready for photos. I will start a new thread this week with a text and pictures. It's around 50 pictures, so I think I will split them up, don't know how yet.

Anyway, here a preview, they will be mostly in this style:
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Wacht10_edited

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Dolch02-edited

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Ehre15-edited

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Ehre09b-edited

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. I like the color scheme. You did a good job with her new pants, etc. (I’m assuming the armor actually does fit over all of it.
Thanks

GubernatorFan wrote:Happy to see this project advance. The gambeson works great, as do the pants (which you are making from scratch!); I also think the alternating colors will be even cooler. The whole thing might end up more medieval fantasy than post-apocalyptic fantasy (or maybe you have two different fantasy worlds you are working on and I was getting confused) -- anyway, I'm loving it. Nice to see her alongside some of the others.
Thanks, the fourth pants I made are the ones she is wearing now, haha.

BAMComix wrote:Stunning work!
Thanks!

Diana wrote:She looks so amazing!! I love her stare. Very Happy
And well done with the pants! They work beautifully.
Thanks, yeah that head sculpt is very versitile in different lights.

skywalkersaga wrote:That looks excellent all put together. Amazing job on the tights/pants, they add such a perfect touch to the outfit. That first pic with her hair and her expression is so striking. Always in awe of your work! Smile
Thanks, yeah that head has a striking gaze sometimes. One of my customers will draw a portait of it.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Very colorful, I like the red and white and I agree, alternating the color of the pants will make her look fare more interesting.
Thanks, yeah the pants are mostly covered by the armor, now, haha, but she won't always wear the armor.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who followed along this thread. It cost some nerves and many hours, but it was fun too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely stunning. In an organic, natural sort of way, like she is not trying too hard, just is. Of course, you tried hard to get her there and it totally paid off. Beautiful work!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AWESOME!! That scratch built Gothic German style armour must be a holy grail of a build for you! Very impressive! Her previous armour with the crest and her carrying the double headed axe screamed Dain Ironfoot from The Hobbit to me...nuts I know, she's a tall beautiful woman and he's a grizzled grumpy old Dwarf but the styles of armour and weapon are so close in my mind! LOL.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 S-l1600

BAMComix

BAMComix
Truly outstanding work!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I thought your Xykkurij couldn'T be topped, but I think I was wrong
What will be next? haha

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Simpso10

Smile

Of course we don't measure in "best" and everyone has their own favourites and opinion on very different chars, (and Xyk is still badass on its own level) but I couldn't help myself to make a little meme.

Well yeah, this is just totally great and an insane amount of work and so many little fuzzing details you were doing over and over until satisfied with the result - and it paid off. 
The pics turned out great, too. Especially the one you used as your new avatar, like from a museum book cover or exhibition!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Spectacular result, Ovy! I'm so honoured to have been able to see her gradually transform into her current state over the years. Looking forward to more photos of her!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice work, Ovy! I'm looking forward to see all these 50 pics of your phenomenal creation.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The pics turned out great, too. Especially the one you used as your new avatar, like from a museum book cover or exhibition! wrote:

I thought is was from a book of photographs of museum pieces until I revisited this thread today!

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Absolutely stunning. In an organic, natural sort of way, like she is not trying too hard, just is. Of course, you tried hard to get her there and it totally paid off. Beautiful work!
Thanks so much and for following along!

shovelchop81 wrote:AWESOME!! That scratch built Gothic German style armour must be a holy grail of a build for you! Very impressive! Her previous armour with the crest and her carrying the double headed axe screamed Dain Ironfoot from The Hobbit to me...nuts I know, she's a tall beautiful woman and he's a grizzled grumpy old Dwarf but the styles of armour and weapon are so close in my mind! LOL.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 S-l1600
Haha, no shame in being compared to a king. Although there won't be fantasy dwarves in Jaroyesz's universe. Btw did they ever release that figure? I remember it having very short legs, even for a dwarf.

shovelchop81 wrote:

I thought is was from a book of photographs of museum pieces until I revisited this thread today!
Ha, that's so nice of you to say!! I think it has similar lighting conditions as a museum pieces as they are photographed indoors in dark surroundings, and you don't see the thiccness of the worbla in the sideview.

BAMComix wrote:Truly outstanding work!
Thanks so much!

Valiarde wrote:I thought your Xykkurij couldn'T be topped, but I think I was wrong
What will be next? haha

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 Simpso10

Smile

Of course we don't measure in "best" and everyone has their own favourites and opinion on very different chars, (and Xyk is still badass on its own level) but I couldn't help myself to make a little meme.

Well yeah, this is just totally great and an insane amount of work and so many little fuzzing details you were doing over and over until satisfied with the result - and it paid off. 
The pics turned out great, too. Especially the one you used as your new avatar, like from a museum book cover or exhibition!
Haha, I probably didn't watch that episode of the Simpsons! Thanks a lot! Fun fact,  Xykuurji is the Post apocalyptic derivate of Jaroyesh, but the character changed so much (thankfully) that it became it's completely own thing.

skywalkersaga wrote:Spectacular result, Ovy! I'm so honoured to have been able to see her gradually transform into her current state over the years. Looking forward to more photos of her!
Thanks, honored you were with me along the way. cheers

Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice work, Ovy! I'm looking forward to see all these 50 pics of your phenomenal creation.
Thanks a lot! Well I still don't know ecatly how to present it, but maybe I can get it done today.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Haha, no shame in being compared to a king. Although there won't be fantasy dwarves in Jaroyesz's universe. Btw did they ever release that figure? I remember it having very short legs, even for a dwarf. wrote:

Still waiting...they've pushed the release date back to 2nd quarter of 2022 now.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think you’ve wrapped up her armor nicely. It’s truly glorious work all around, and so many different layers. Stunning. Love the new pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 6 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum