OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you store your figures?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:02 pm

GeeWillikers

I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated room in which to store my more delicate TPE/seamless figures - nothing fancy, just a (usually) spare room that doubles as a home office - which gets little hard light and stays cool all day. I've got around seventy seamless figures, now pale and the numbers are still steadily growing. There will surely come a point where Mrs Willikers will say 'enough is enough'.

The most 'precious' of these seamless figures are kept unclothed in airtight plastic boxes, each figure dusted and separated by hard plastic dividers covered in a layer of bubble wrap. To ensure there's no chance of them 'sticking' to the wrap I also dust the wrap with talc and regularly move the figures around.

More 'ordinary' permanently-clothed figures (mostly those with jointed bodies) are simply left out in the open, displayed on modified shelving.

I live in the North of England, so there isn't much hard sunlight or humidity to worry about. Smile

27How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:09 pm

skywalkersaga

GeeWillikers wrote:I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated room in which to store my more delicate TPE/seamless figures - nothing fancy, just a (usually) spare room that doubles as a home office - which gets little hard light and stays cool all day. I've got around seventy seamless figures, now pale and the numbers are still steadily growing. There will surely come a point where Mrs Willikers will say 'enough is enough'.

The most 'precious' of these seamless figures are kept unclothed in airtight plastic boxes, each figure dusted and separated by hard plastic dividers covered in a layer of bubble wrap. To ensure there's no chance of them 'sticking' to the wrap I also dust the wrap with talc and regularly move the figures around.

More 'ordinary' permanently-clothed figures (mostly those with jointed bodies) are simply left out in the open, displayed on modified shelving.

I live in the North of England, so there isn't much hard sunlight or humidity to worry about. Smile

That makes sense, seems like a good compromise. I also have a dedicated room (well, it's more like the size of a walk-in closet, lol), but I still don't have the courage to leave things out and uncovered. I live in Yorkshire and thankfully our current house is one of *least* damp housed we lived in so far (we also have a dehumidifier running most of the time, just in case). But I'm still just so paranoid about dust. pale

28How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:20 am

Ghost808

I used to be on the same page as memyself&I, in that I just stored mine in open air on my desk, out of direct sunlight. With occasional cleaning and maintenance.

Most of my figs are in the region of 3 to 6 years old, mostly seamless.
Sadly the heatwave last summer wreaked havoc on my figures, causing tearing at the pits and crotches of most figures.
I now use zip locks and bubble wrap and keep most of the still good seamless stored in a cupboard. The damaged ones have been glued and left on display.

I'm looking to get some perspex cut to size and make my own almost airtight display case. When budget allows.

29How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 am

m76

I got myself two of these for Christmas.

They have just the right shelf spacing for 1/6 figures, and the full glass constructions means figures on the lower levels aren't completely invisible when standing.

If I had the space I'd probably get more.

They are not airtight, but I think it prevents 99% of the dust from getting in.
Assembly was a bit scary handling the huge glass panels, but I managed not to break any.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

30How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:06 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, Detolfs are a classic go-to for many 1/6 collectors. I had a terrible experience with them though, in my case they shattered all over my collection room. How do you store your figures? - Page 2 1f62d Glad your experience was better. How do you store your figures? - Page 2 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

31How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:00 pm

m76

m76
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, Detolfs are a classic go-to for many 1/6 collectors. I had a terrible experience with them though, in my case they shattered all over my collection room.  How do you store your figures? - Page 2 1f62d Glad your experience was better.  How do you store your figures? - Page 2 1f605

You mean during assembly or just randomly later?

32How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:09 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
m76 wrote:
You mean during assembly or just randomly later?

Don't worry, it was during assembly. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:10 pm

m76

m76
I'm relieved How do you store your figures? - Page 2 1f605

34How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:53 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I've seen them used for free or little money on marktplaats.nl, but only pickup, so useless for almost everyone here, except DarthJ and some of the guys/gals in Germany if they're not far from the border.

Just took a look and quickly found two of these (or similar ones) free for pickup. Site is in dutch!
https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/huis-en-inrichting/kasten-vitrinekasten/m1896494753-virtrinekast
https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/huis-en-inrichting/kasten-vitrinekasten/m1932067906-vitrinekast?correlationId=0fa20f20-5c47-4684-868e-4ed9e2e766fd

I'm assuming there are similar sites in the US and UK.

35How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you store your figures? Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:10 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I probably posted it before, but I got this showcase where n the bottom shelve my Girls und Panzer figures are on display.
How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Img_6810

It's from the supermarktchain Lidl, which had it on sale a few times. Haven't seen it at theirs in years though. I added a string of battery-operated LED-(christmas)lights to it. It doesn't light it quite evenly though.

I've also got this displaycase for my 1:6 figures (and a few 1:12).
How do you store your figures? - Page 2 Img_5141

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum