OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
I recently purchased a Super Duck head sculpt (SDH023-A) from BBTS and it came in a neat plastic box that could be an accessory shipping crate or something for a 1/6 diorama.  There is an SDH025-A head sculpt that I want to get listed on eBay for about $15 to $20 less than US prices.  The description says it is a "Licensed Reproduction" as opposed to an "Original" although it is supposedly in sealed original packaging.  The description also shows "Unbranded" in the description, but the picture is a Super Duck promo shot.  The seller in China has a 99.7% positive rating since 2013.  Does this sound like it will come packed in the plastic container or should I beware of the bargain price (about the same as other China sellers)?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long-winded question!

2Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just checked and all three genuine Super Duck SDH025 heads came in those containers. But if that is not a genuine Super Duck product (which the description may or may not mean), I don't know.

3Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:56 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
These are most likely "knock-off" heads. Please see my post, in which I compared this new SD025A-head with one from the original series. There are clear differences, but the "knock-off" head is still pretty close to the original.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6129p270-your-latest-purchase#90023

4Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks for the replies, guys!

I was afraid that price was too good to be true.  After going Hajile's link and seeing the difference, I definitely prefer the original, although the clone is pretty good.  Also, good to know that it does come in the plastic box, Gubernator!

5Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:28 am

crispyorange

crispyorange
In case anyone is wondering, "original" Super Duck head sculpts come in a box like this...

*Third party "knockoffs" comes in a paper windowed box.

Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Img_8810

6Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:10 am

foreveryoung

crispyorange wrote:In case anyone is wondering, "original" Super Duck head sculpts come in a box like this...

Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Img_8810

Question, where do you purchase genuine super duck head (or any original) outside of BBTS (they are way too expensive).

7Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Empty Re: Question on Super Duck Head Sculpts Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
foreveryoung wrote:
crispyorange wrote:In case anyone is wondering, "original" Super Duck head sculpts come in a box like this...

Question, where do you purchase genuine super duck head (or any original) outside of BBTS (they are way too expensive).
I'm not sure about the availability of particular ones or how much of a difference there would be in price (though ordering them at the pre-order stage could have helped), but one can look at Monkey Depot, Cotswold Collectibles, and GianToy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum