OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 40]

271Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:30 pm

m76

Is the zipper on the suit fake? It looks fake on the pictures. If so hot toys is really slipping.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

272Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:05 pm

BAMComix

very nice!

273Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:40 am

Diana

I prefer angry BW, but this one is unquestionably pretty. I don't even mind the sculpted hair, since it looks like it might not impede on articulation too much!
And if that zipper is indeed fake, I personally welcome it for the sake of realism. The big zipper on my Winter Soldier BW has always bugged me a little.

274Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:45 am

m76

I don't get it how is a fake zipper more realistic?

http://madblog.shacknet.us

275Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:13 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
m76 wrote:Is the zipper on the suit fake? It looks fake on the pictures. If so hot toys is really slipping.

The zipped does not function as a zipper. I assume Hot Toys did this to retain resolution. Quite often, zippers tend to be over-scaled for 1/6th figures. Also, i assume Hot Toys does not intend collectors to attempt to remove the outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

276Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:24 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
m76 wrote:I don't get it how is a fake zipper more realistic?

If the zipper is fake, it can be made smaller and thus more 'in-scale'. The realism of a lot of 1/6 scale zippers is dampened by the fact that, in order to be functional, many of them have to be made over-sized.

There are some exceptions, of course, but oversized zippers *is* something that can be problem with a lot of 1/6 scale clothing.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

277Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
ukshaun wrote:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Dsc09920

The prototype looked amazing!
When the production pieces started showing up not so long ago, collectors were loosing their s--- over what was perceived as.. Hot Toys appeared to have altered the portrait slightly?
Why? Who knows?

Wow. I wish all 1/6 figures had portraits that were that far off from the prototype. I think she looks great. I looked up the prototype pics, and I just don’t see that much of a drop off. If I had bought the figure, I wouldn’t have given it much thought, and I tend to be super critical when it comes to prototype sculpts vs production sculpts..

278Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:52 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think it's probably moreso that Hot Toys tends to have a higher rate of 'similarity' between prototype and final product than the various third party companies, so maybe people have different expectations?

279Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:00 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice pick up!

280Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder if they did the fake zipper in an attempt to stop all the pervs from lowering it…? Razz

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 C8485110

281Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder if they did the fake zipper in an attempt to stop all the pervs from lowering it…? Razz

I bet there's been a lot of 'I pulled the zipper down and now it's broken and won't zip back up' complaints over the years. Laughing

282Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Gangster Kingdom Spade VI Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:02 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Recently I bought DamToys Gangster Kingdom Spade 6 (Ada) for a fair price at ebay. In fact I am not fan of the Gangster Kingdom Series, because bodies and head sculpts look too much cartoon-like. Nevertheless the body tattoos and the accessories of the figure Spade VI are so cool that I couldn't resist.
In this little sequence poor Liam Neeson is confronted with this evil character.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496310987_5e562c593e_c1

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496310892_c6432bae16_c2 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496789166_9b3ee20b3c_c3

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496789076_5bdd7af0e6_c4 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52497348948_b75fd8ee2c_c5

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52497348693_eb195e5905_c7 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496788756_ebaa8579fd_c8

The last pictures show that even more realistic head sculpts look good on the body.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496310252_35dac339b2_c9 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52497074164_3b5a355eda_c10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 52496788506_deae993264_c11

283Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice acquisition. I bought that figure when it first came out. So many interesting accessories.

284Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:18 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice photos ElBundy! Looks like she fits well into your collection

285Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've always found their accessories to be very useful for kitbashing, but I can't say I feel the same about the cartoonish parts.

286Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:50 pm

Melancholia

My latest, and useless item. I wanted another small body to fit into fashion doll clothes so I bought an S37a because it was $15.00 cheaper than the other options. What a useless figure, it's tiny, even smaller than the S24. Too small even for Barbie clothes. So my attempt to save a few bucks ended up costing me, because I don't have much use for this body. I can only put her in particular clothing, so very limited. Well, moving on...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Retouc14

287Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What about some Obitsu clothing? Maybe the really small Obitsu stuff? There are some nice clothes made for those on Etsy....

I have numerous petite bodies (both s25b and s27b) and I use both Obitsu clothing and Made-to-Move barbie clothing on them all the time. Usually I go for Obitsu 27cm size, though sometimes the smaller Obitsu sizes fit the legs and hips but not always fitting over the bust on the s25/s24. The smaller sizes (Obitsu 24/25 cm ) can fit the smaller bodies, s26/s27. Certain regular MTM barbie tops and skirts can sometimes fit s24/s25, as well.

Also check out my old thread that I started (though I need to update it soon) with headsculpts that are small enough for s25/s24 and also for some of the s26/s27:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3873-headsculpts-for-petite-tbleague-bodies-s24a-s25b-and-s26a-s27b-continually-updated

288Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, she looks nice. Plus, if you ever find a realistic youthful enough face, you can have a proper child figure.

289Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:45 am

Diana

Diana
Ada makes for a great gangster! Good catch!

Melancholia, you're S37 looks beautiful, but I understand the frustration. I pre-ordered that Sailor Moon set from a few months ago because I can't think of anything else to do with her, other than using her for anime drawing reference.

290Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:52 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my bad, I was reading the post too quickly before I had my coffee and thought Melancholia was talking about not being able to find clothing for s24. You are right, that anime style body is REALLY tiny. I'm not sure what will fit it other than something like Blythe, Pulip or Momoko clothing, perhaps.

291Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:25 am

Kynaithos Homerides

Kynaithos Homerides
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my bad, I was reading the post too quickly before I had my coffee and thought Melancholia was talking about not being able to find clothing for s24. You are right, that anime style body is REALLY tiny. I'm not sure what will fit it other than something like Blythe, Pulip or Momoko clothing, perhaps.

There is some nice clothing for them at least!

I recently got a non-seamless body in a lot that fits most fashion doll clothes but I am not sure if you'd be interested in a non seamless body, Melancholia, and for the life of me I have really found which make it is anyway - shame as a lot of historical projects require the use of fashion doll clothing.

"I will remember and not be unmindful of Apollo who shoots afar. As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow."

292Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:30 am

Kynaithos Homerides

Kynaithos Homerides
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, she looks nice. Plus, if you ever find a realistic youthful enough face, you can have a proper child figure.

I actually am looking for a shorter body for a Penny Figure by TBleague/Phicen that I have because they are a tad too tall for Angela Cartwright (and I prefer to get the heights of characters more or less right). Does anyone have any suggestion for a body for a female young adult that I can use?

"I will remember and not be unmindful of Apollo who shoots afar. As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow."

293Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:36 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Kynaithos Homerides wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, she looks nice. Plus, if you ever find a realistic youthful enough face, you can have a proper child figure.

I actually am looking for a shorter body for a Penny Figure by TBleague/Phicen that I have because they are a tad too tall for Angela Cartwright (and I prefer to get the heights of characters more or less right). Does anyone have any suggestion for a body for a female young adult that I can use?

I am currently using a tbleague s27b for a teenager character. But you have to make sure you find a head that is small enough to go with it.

294Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:46 am

blackpool

blackpool
Didn't buy any "full" figure recently, but I grabbed a new headsculpt for my Indiana Jones, I had the opportunity to buy a custom painted head in second hand, and a few other bits, leather belt and holster, custom shirt... Quite an upgrade for my old dr Jones (still looking for a replacement jacket as mine is peeling off slowly but surely)

Sorry for the quick phone shots, I'll do better soon!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Indysc11

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Indysc10

295Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:56 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks great! Very lucky score. Smile

296Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:58 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is indeed a great Indy likeliness. The lighting is also very typical for indiana jones and fits perfect

297Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:27 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grab on that Indy sculpt, Alex.

298Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:58 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks very good, Alex, and I know you will put it to good use.

299Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:02 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Alex! nice upgrade!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum