OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:51 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
figma Vehicles Tiger I
Advance forward with your figma action figures on board! Set off for the final battle in 1/12 scale!

From the popular anime series "GIRLS und PANZER" comes a 1/12 scale recreation of the Tiger 1! The tank is pre-assembled and unpainted (*some parts require assembly with adhesive, and stickers must be applied). The tank features a built-in twin motor, allowing the tank to move on its own. The tank has been faithfully recreated based on CG data from the series, carefully preserving its proportions and other small details. The main turret can be swiveled to each side, the gun barrel can be raised and lowered and the hatches on the tank can be displayed opened or closed. Enjoy displaying the tank with the figma Maho Nishizumi & Erika Itsumi Set (sold separately)!

(source: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/13208/figma+Vehicles+Tiger+I.html )

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Abff4510

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 0ac61c10

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 74578110

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Dcc07c10

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 F0cc3b10

2NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:01 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Actually not that new, it was announced in september and preorders on the Goodsmile website were possible until november. I only found it this week though, and thought I'd post it here because of the coolnessfactor and that it's not that expensive, at about €300/$330 on the Goodsmile website. Although you get shipping and customs added when shipping to Europe or US.

If the engine is the same as on the Pz IV, it's just a twospeed (1 forward, 1 reverse) not remote, so not that useful.

It will also be very plastic-looking.
Spoiler:

3NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:37 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful machine. Twelfth scale has its advantages...

4NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:59 am

davidd

davidd
That's pretty cool, and at 1/12 scale it would be pretty big, but... over three-hundred bucks? Money is kind of worthless anymore, isn't it?

I wonder if they accept Bitcoin? Or even better, FTT! Razz

Of course, I don't have any of that, either. Sad

5NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:42 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It's about 70 cm long.
And at Hobbysearch you can get it for under 300: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10921175

6NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:43 pm

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:It's about 70 cm long.
And at Hobbysearch you can get it for under 300: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10921175

70cm? That's right on the money for proper 1/12 scale! Info I can find online sez the Tiger I was 8.45m in length including the cannon, which works out to 70.4 cm at 1/12 scale!

7NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:59 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Yes it's on scale. I've got their Pz IVD, which is about the same size as Allison's Ferrari.

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_5237

8NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:38 pm

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:Yes it's on scale. I've got their Pz IVD, which is about the same size as Allison's Ferrari.

Figma made a Panzer IV? Ohhhh... why did you have to tell me that?!? Shocked lol!

9NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:10 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Because I'm evil? Suspect Laughing

They made two actually. They also made the Pz IV H from Girls und Panzer:
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 C4be7e4840a3d9c55780e01961415a19

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5340/figma+Vehicles+Panzer+IV+Ausf+H+D+Spec.html

But they're sold out, although you can still get them for (IMO) too much money on Ebay. I was lucky and got mine used with 3 of their figures for a good price.

10NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:23 pm

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:Because I'm evil?

But evil in a fun sort of way, so I'll cut you some slack! Razz

I appreciate learning about these Figma tanks. NowI need to scrape up some money. There are still a few of the Panzer IV D models on eBay for almost reasonable prices... but my hobby budget is kind of tapped out at the moment.

My circa 2006 1/18 scale Panzer IV is a little bit too small for my Pinky-Street figures. A 1/12 scale model would be slightly oversize, but might look satisfactorily imposing (and in scale with the stylized oversized Pinky heads):

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 387738338_1644766a05

But mostly I'm thinking: 1/12-scale Vampirella driving a tank? 'Kay, that'd be hot! Twisted Evil

11NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:38 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
If that is an 1:18 (is it a kit?), maybe a 1:16 would be more suitable? The Pinky St. look to be a bit smaller than the Figma 1:12, and the tank is kinda big in relation to the figures.

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_5135

Although of course in reality a tank is kinda big.

They look nice in that pic.I'd like to see more pics of them, although probably a separate thread would be more suitable.

12NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:15 pm

davidd

davidd
Man, that's cool! I need one. Or several.

TravelGuide wrote:If that is an 1:18 (is it a kit?), maybe a 1:16 would be more suitable?

Yes, Pinky Street are "chibi" style, anime-influenced figures that were popular for a few years starting in 2005. They are 10cm tall, which makes them about 1/16 scale as opposed to 1/18 "action figure" scale. Vehicles and accessories in 1/16 scale are not common, although I found a couple of Land Rovers a few years ago that work well for them.

The tank is from a company called New Millennium. The range of vehicles was marketed under several names: New Millennium, Classic Armor, and Ultimate Soldier. I saw them in stores during one holiday season, and purchased the Panzer and an American halftrack. If I'd had any idea how brief the availability would be for this line of vehicles I would have tried to get more. They issued several tanks and halftracks, all of which featured nice paintwork and detailing for "toy" vehicles. The tanks were radio controlled, but the r/c function was limited to forward and reverse in two speeds: fast and faster.

13NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:42 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It does look nicely painted for a toy. The Figma tanks are from shiny plastic. Which is kinda weird, because for the accessories for the figures they used plastic that wasn't shiny. Miho Nishizumi (the tank commander) came with the cuppola of the Pz IV, which looks nicer than the tank.

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_5513

There are 1:16 tanks available as kit. But it'll take some time and effort to build them

14NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:55 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Yukari is kindly showing the differences in size between 1:6 and 1:12.

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6718

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6719

She is 1:12 and is holding a model in 1:150, which is roughly 1:12 (1:12.5 actually) to her. In front of her is a 1:72 (to her 1:6), she standing on the 1:12 Pz IVD.

15NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:08 am

davidd

davidd
Your crew is ready for action in any scale! Razz

Fun pix! And a nice assortment of tanks!

16NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:29 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Cool pix. Girls und Panzer is my all time favorite anime.

Now I'm gonna have Panzerlied in my head all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQZfO-Bc_Y

17NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:10 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Figma announced extra parts for the Tiger, a set of equipment:
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Access10
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Acceso10

And a set of tracks.
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Tracks10

And some late replies because I didn't want to carry the topic offtopic too much right from the start.

davidd wrote:Your crew is ready for action in any scale! Razz

Fun pix! And a nice assortment of tanks!
Thanks.

The 1:150 PzIV serves as a fun addition to my modeltrainlayout, it's cruising down the streets.
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6716 NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6717

I've also got a bunch of containers with prints of the charcters of the show.
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6811

And a carriage with GuP-printing:
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Img_6826
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Cool pix. Girls und Panzer is my all time favorite anime.

Mine too, I don't think there's any show (and movie) I've seen so many times. Although recently Konosuba gave them a run for their money.

18NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:09 am

valentin

valentin
Acquired this 2 weeks ago.....

NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats138
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats139
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats140
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats143
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats142
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats141
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Whats144

I have the previous PZ VI, and the exclusive version thereafter too.... Just a word, they are huge.....

19NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:27 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Cool. And yes, they are huge, as mentioned (and showed) earlier I've got the PzIVD and I actually don't really have enough room for it to put it on display, so it sits mostly in its box.

I didn't really thought about it that it would nicely suit the Little Armory girls too. I've been eyeing them, but never got around getting some of them. There are some new ones coming up next year.

20NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Sort of want. I can certainly work it into my stories. But the size of it...
The MMMToys buggy is much smaller, and I still don't know where to keep it.

21NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:24 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Figma also has a Plamax Tiger I (a kit of it), it's going to be released next march
NEW PRODUCT: Figma Tiger I in 1/12 Plamxt10

Sells for 51,102 yen at hobbysearch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum