OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor-induced visions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

41Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:21 am

Visisonor

Thanks!

Diana wrote:with the Spartans in the background
Imperial Guardians Smile
(this is the D head after all)

42Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:18 pm

Diana

Visisonor wrote:Thanks!

Diana wrote:with the Spartans in the background
Imperial Guardians Smile
(this is the D head after all)

Is what I meant. What a Face

It's a really nice head. Almost regretting not getting it, but the other four I did get are perfect. Wink

43Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:24 am

Willmatron

Great thread. I'm glad you provided the link to the backgrounds. I'm also happy to see someone else putting together figures from other lines.

I have a few of the 1/12 tbleague figures as well, but only one out.

I realized that for motorcycles some Transformers would work for this scale. I have a picture if you are interested.

44Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 pm

Visisonor

Willmatron wrote:I realized that for motorcycles some Transformers would work for this scale. I have a picture if you are interested.
Sure, that sounds like a neat idea, I haven't thought of that.

I guess I can dedicate an out-of-order post to motorcycles. I've been eyeing Maisto for some time and upon seeing them in person this summer decided to grab one.
I think it works quite well for Mezco scale; better than some examples in 1:6 scale:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4210 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4348

There is also Aoshima with great selection of bikes (some of which are model kits).
They work better for smaller end of 1:12 scale spectrum (did I mention that it is annoying to have pretty much two distinct subscales?)

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4719 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4720

And on a more general subject of transport for 1/12 scale figures, I've recently received this...
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4944 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_4945

45Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is a collection of neat wheels.

46Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
cool vehicles!

47Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:50 am

Willmatron

What I like about the 1/12 figures is they scale to some of the other figures I've collected.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Img_2022

I have a second picture with newer clothes and interaction with other figures.

48Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:21 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Synthetic humans unbox the new addition to the robot faction:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5112

Transformation sequence:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5113 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5111 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5114

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5117 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5116 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5115

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5118 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5120 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5119

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5121 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5122 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5123

Tada!
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5124

Robox figure by 1000Toys.

49Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done. And nice addition to your gang. Was it a Christmas gift?

50Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:07 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Nice, how the color seems to match the synthetic green somewhat. "He" sure looks like "he" belongs.

New backdrop? How is it so purple in these shots? The purple is of course a wonderful contrast to the green, so good choice!

51Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:Was it a Christmas gift?
If gifts from myself to myself count...

Diana wrote:New backdrop? How is it so purple in these shots?
Yes, it's Deluxe Headquarters, another diorama by Extreme Sets.

52Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They totally count!

53Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:50 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
When I first envisioned Kate's room scene in my photo story, I saw it roughly like this:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5128

So as I started working on the story, I ordered this Modern furniture pack by Extreme Sets, along with some other stuff (all of which was listed as in stock). But when time to post this scene came up, the order has not been shipped. So I had to improvise with 3D-printed chair and makeshift table. Perhaps it ended up even better.

Three months after it was placed, this order was actually shipped. Too late for intended purpose but at least I could do some alt takes (and holiday photo as well):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5127
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5126

54Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:30 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a nice room she's got Very Happy

55Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Convincing room dioramas are hard enough in sixth scale, but twelfth scale is very impressive. Well done.

56Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:53 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good.

@Ian, it’s actually infinitely easier to do rooms in 1/12th scale as that is the “standard” size for Dollhouse manufactures and furniture artisans. There are literally thousands of items you can get to make entire buildings in 1/12 scale. It actually pisses me off how hard it is to find this kind of stuff in 1/6 — which, interestingly enough was the original standard for dollhouses up until the late 1800s, when it was changed to 1/12 so that even “poor” people‘s children could have dollhouses.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 C8485110

57Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:29 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks!

Stryker, are you an immortal who has lived through several historical periods and picked Old West as the favorite? That's my head canon now.

Jokes aside, that's an interesting fact about dollhouses. I didn't know that.

58Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is true, technically, and I thought of it, but I'm not sure it translates in terms of realism as well as sixth scale does.

59Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:30 pm

Diana

Diana
Wow, that looks cozy. And beautifully presented! Nice angles. Smile

60Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:48 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Just a random shot without any particular story or reason.
Ladies in white.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5129

(Well, mostly in white. I gave up waiting on white ankle boots when I took this shot. They eventually arrived, 2.5 months after ordering, but by that time the ladies changed into other outfits)

61Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They looks great!

62Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:19 pm

Diana

Diana
I do love seeing these figures in basics that still show the beautiful craftsmanship of the bodies. ^^
I used my T03 for Tifa and I miss having that body at the ready for reference, even though I never actually pulled her out of the cupboard, as I haven't been drawing. I will today! (No humans though. ^^)

This photo also really shows the value of these different body types. Initially I didn't care much for the T03, but it really serves to create different characters. (Love my T04, too!)

63Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job, and effective way of disguising those joints.

64Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:25 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
She is a hero in my story,
A tale in which she came to life then.
"Assassin" was her designation,
And so I knew she'd use a rifle

A custom head with rooted hair,
And then I saw she was an eyeful.
It was back then that I began it:
A quest for perfect sniper rifle

M24
As is evident from the epigraph, the idea to equip the VeryCool Catch Me figure with a sniper rifle came to me early on, in part because I didn't like the compact version of HK-416 bundled with her, and partly because my mental image of assassin implies long range assassinations.
So I gave her a noname ~$10 M24 from ebay, which IIRC was sent to me by mistake (I've ordered some other 1/12 scale weapon but decided to keep it). Pretty good accessory actually, which carried on for some time even with her new look new look
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_3543

However, the M24 presented a problem: its classic rifle grip makes it hard to achieve good aiming poses. Plus it tends to stretch out the gripping hand (even though I've replaced stock VeryCool hands with more flexible TBL ones, it could still be an issue). So I turned my gaze to rifles with pistol grips, and the easiest to find was

SVD

It came from the same seller, and can in fact be from the Platts GUN-2 kit (requires some assembly but not as much as Little Armory).
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_3632

No problem at all with aiming poses. Could use some paint but SVD can be all black in real life. So it works great as a figure accessory, I don't even mind the lack of removable parts. The only problem: the rifle itself is technically not a sniper rifle despite its name but rather a designated marksman rifle. These tend to be semi-automatic and have shorter effective range, while I envisioned my character to be a highly specialized sniper.
So the "quest" has pretty much started at this point, but more like a background process. I thought of using some version of M24 from Little Armory: more detailed than the noname one but still with rifle grip. I've also learned of Little Armory's take on its successor, XM-2010, but it was expensive and I had other options so I kept looking. The next candidate was more easily available.

Accuracy International AWM

This is a true sniper rifle with manual bolt action and designated range of up to 1.5km (and documented cases of much longer distance hits). In 1/12 scale it is represented by Little Armory model kit with some movable parts, interchangeable bipods and magazines, overally good example of precision engineering associated with their products.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5273

The problem? Its grip is too wide. Even though it's not classic rifle grip, it's still hard to fit the hand around that thumbhole stock.
By that time I've started to regret putting the pursuit of XM-2010 to backburner since it was sold out pretty much everywhere. The closest thing to fit my needs was a more recent release from Little Armory:

Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle

TommyTec visited it twice, first with the base rifle in all black, then with Mod0 version with light-grey parts. The latter is still easy to find so I've got one.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5365

All that I said about SVD applies here as well. In fact I've bought it out of desperation, just in case I'd need something like this later and to have another entry in my growing 1/12 arsenal. But by the time it arrived, I've already found what I was really looking for, but more on that after the interlude.

Fennec Shand's MK sniper rifle

This is an accessory of Black Series Fennec Shand figure. Since it's Star Wars, even blink-and-you-miss it details like this have appropriate names and descriptions in Wookiepedia.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5366

I did not intend to use it permanently (Fennec needs her rifle after all). It is too sci-fi for Kate's setting. But it works scale-wise, and looks good.
Now, back to the winner

M2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle

This is another modern true sniper rifle, but unlike AWM, it features a pistol grip. I've mentioned several times above that TommyTec made a model kit of it in Little Armory line. But it evaded me for probably a year.  I don't know why it was so hard to find - it's not that old, there are older model kits still available on the market. I've got it of a store in Malaysia (they are out of stock now too). After missing it out several times on ebay and trying to order it from another shop in Singapore where it was listed in stock but was in fact sold out.  

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5367

I could have posed the rifle better on the photo, but either way, it fits all my requirements. The quest is now complete.
But Little Armory line deserves more attention, I'll dedicate at least one more post to it later.

65Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! the cloak is a nice addition.

66Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the cloak gives her gravitas. Mk14 is my favorite.

67Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
My most recent obsession: Little Armory weapons. I've been buying these model kits for three years already. At some point I've got a rack, also from Little Armory, to store them (though there are other guns on that rack - Platz, bundled figure accessories etc):

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_3735
"You think we have enough guns now?"
Spoiler: they've got more since then.

But now (more like in December) I've started painting them.

This adds some realism as they can look bland unpainted. But on the other hand, this is only noticeable on non-black plastic such as wooden parts of this AK-47:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5511 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5512

Or white details of Mk-14 from the post above.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5513 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5514

What I was trying to achieve here is actually weathered look, black parts remained untouched. Similarly with XM25 grenade launcher - if it was black, it would probably look like straight out of factory, but in desert color scheme it looked like a toy (whether I succeeded in making it more realistic is debatable, but at least I like this look better):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5515 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5516

I've also started experimenting with kits cast entirely in black plastic after seeing what can be done with them in this blog https://kusakusa.wordpress.com/category/model-kits/little-armory/
The idea is to include subtle differences, shades of gray in addition to black. My only result so far is M4 SOPMOD:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5517 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5518

And finally, another M4 kit that lends itself particularly well to black wash due to being in desert colors.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5519 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5520
It also comes with many extra details left on the runners from older M4 kits, and accessories between different M4 kits are interchangeable so customization possibilities are virtually endless.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5522 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Cnr_5521

So do you think it's worth the effort of painting these tiny plastic weapons?
Either way I really dig this line. For 1/12 scale the details are exceptional. I don't know of anything similar for 1/6 scale (not that I looked...)

68Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:56 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
they certainly are well equipped!

69Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:58 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The tiny guns look beautiful and believable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum