OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Kiwi-Paul wrote:Great photos as usual, and the detail in the clothing is amazing. Your Asian dolls are very inspiring so I must look out for some. I look forward to all your photos.

Thank you very much, Paul, I'm glad you liked them. For a long time I resisted going down that rabbit hole, and they are still a very limited and isolated bit of my collection. These last two are, so to speak, byproducts of working on a larger Japanese project that will probably be shown in a few days (its been mostly completed, but real life keeps getting in the way), although the Geisha set is elaborate enough to stand on its own.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

Very lovely shot that last one.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Very lovely shot that last one.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
15. Meeting the New Year 2024.

Just some photos of a relatively new character enjoying a firework show and the comforts of home on New Year's Eve.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Hny24110
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Hny24310
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Hny24210
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Hny24410

Happy New Year to all!

Diana

Diana
Aww, all of those shots look beautiful! Happy new year!! I love you

davidd

davidd
Cool fig! Is that a custom-tinted body?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice figure. I’m curious what the body is as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Happy new year Ian! Great photos!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very nice! Love her in front of the firework.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Aww, all of those shots look beautiful! Happy new year!! I love you
Thank you very much, I thought they were alright, so I shared them. Happy New Year to you too, may it be better than the last in every way!

davidd wrote:Cool fig! Is that a custom-tinted body?
and
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice figure. I’m curious what the body is as well.
Thank you both very much, I'm glad you liked it. No, not a custom recolored body this time (I'll wait till I see what TBLeague produces on that front, have two preordered). It is from TBLeague's otherwise slightly odd Radiant Crown Deity set. I got it with the hope that it would match at least some of my (not so many) African female heads, one of which was this one -- once in a while I have foresight, and am glad I got it. Even before I received mine, El Bundy already showed that it worked well with this head (it doesn't work well with Valkyrie, unfortunately), so I knew it would match. Actually there are a couple of others I should try, but I do like her like this.

BAMComix wrote:Happy new year Ian! Great photos!
Happy New Year, Dal! I'm glad you liked them.

Valiarde wrote:Very nice! Love her in front of the firework.
Thank you very much, Simon, I'm glad you liked her.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great looking figure!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Great looking figure!
Thank you very much, Shaun, I'm glad you like it. 
Apart from putting together the outfit, head, and body, I can't take much credit for any of it, since there was fairly little modification and creation involved (her jewelry).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
16. Celebrating back home.

Behind the scenes footage after the awards.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1410
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1510
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1610
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1710
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1810
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Atn1910

Actually, extra photos from the ATN Body Review.

davidd

davidd
An award is an award, and well worth celebrating, even if it is a shared credit for Best Adapted Screenplay for a Musical Documentary Short Subject.
😉
Good to see that this new body type is capable of holding poses even when clothed, and that the arms can hold items in a raised overhead position!

Nice “Elvira style” couch!

Valiarde

Valiarde
She looks great. Well posed and I enjoyed that little series.
You did root the hair right?

I thought she might enjoy the wine more than the oscar after the show Smile

r3500vdp

Very cool scene, kicking off the heels and going for a wine!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:An award is an award, and well worth celebrating, even if it is a shared credit for Best Adapted Screenplay for a Musical Documentary Short Subject.
😉
Good to see that this new body type is capable of holding poses even when clothed, and that the arms can hold items in a raised overhead position!

Nice “Elvira style” couch!

Right on! Actually I just got this Oscar from a parted out Joker set and figured it would go with a leading actress, without any specific knowledge of her credentials in that respect.

The outfit does not really get much in the way of the articulation here (although it was quite difficult to put it on), but the joints are reasonably strong so far.

The couch is one of the first pieces of sixth-scale furniture I came to own. It is rotocast (I think), and one of the legs a little short, so I extended it with green stuff and painted to match (luckily it is in the back so it doesn't show). Also repainted the couch from its original brown red, and the glossed the brown framing to resemble polished wood. I'm glad you liked it.

Valiarde wrote:She looks great. Well posed and I enjoyed that little series.
You did root the hair right?

I thought she might enjoy the wine more than the oscar after the show Smile

Thank you very much, Simon, I'm glad you liked this. Why settle for one or the other, I'm sure she enjoyed both the wine and the award, although unwinding had priority. Smile Yes, I rehaired this head -- it was featured here once before -- removing the original molded hair and diadem (this was Hot Toys' Tena).

r3500vdp wrote:Very cool scene, kicking off the heels and going for a wine!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool, Ian. I do like the small Oscar statue.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Very cool, Ian. I do like the small Oscar statue.
Thank you very much, Dal, I'm glad you liked it. I figured it might be a useful thing to have around...

Diana

Diana
So nice! I am totally feeling this scene. Nicely done. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:So nice! I am totally feeling this scene. Nicely done. Smile
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Considering it is composed of extra footage for the review, and wasn't properly planned out, I think it did ok. Any remaining inconsistencies are explained by its origins, I suppose. Smile
By the way, there are probably more flattering outfits than this for the figure, but it was the first thing I had close at hand and a pain to put on and take off, so I stuck with it.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice little photo sequence, Ian. She looks great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 1f10

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Your latest photos look really nice, I specially like the new year's lady.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice little photo sequence, Ian. She looks great.
Thank you very much, Mark, I'm glad you liked it.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Your latest photos look really nice, I specially like the new year's lady.
Thank you so much, I liked her too and glad you do as well.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Always new heads and bodies that I've never seen before. Thank you for keeping me updated. Everything is always well presented and thanks to you I have less of a problem with a head that doesn't match the color of the body. I like the last lady's head. It's rare to find a female head that doesn't look like a Disney princess. This one looks like more than a real person to me like many others.

Your hair doesn't look unnaturally shiny, but rather very real. Did you edit it yourself?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Always new heads and bodies that I've never seen before. Thank you for keeping me updated. Everything is always well presented and thanks to you I have less of a problem with a head that doesn't match the color of the body. I like the last lady's head. It's rare to find a female head that doesn't look like a Disney princess. This one looks like more than a real person to me like many others.

Your hair doesn't look unnaturally shiny, but rather very real. Did you edit it yourself?
Hi Ephiane, thank you very much, I'm glad you're enjoying them.
The most recent installment included the modified HT Tena (Angelina Jolie) head -- I removed the molded hair and a sort of diadem thingie that was unfortunatly dug into the forehead, repaired the hole and built up the cranium, then painted and rehaired. You can see more photos of her in a different photoshoot in the earlier installment HERE.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
17. Lost traveler from far, far away...

(To answer Simon's question.)

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Bd0110

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Bd0210

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Bd0310

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Bd0410

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 25 April 2024) - Page 9 Bd0510

Valiarde

Valiarde
Little Friday must be so happy that rescue is near! Smile And now I want spring/summer back haha

I'm glad I posted the question about the Kuiil and animate you to post some pics. It is always good to see more in hand figure pics and your trio is pretty cool.

This guy is really little but the head seems not to bad from the size? I thought it might be harder to find a fitting size

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Little Friday must be so happy that rescue is near! Smile  And now I want spring/summer back haha

I'm glad I posted the question about the Kuiil and animate you to post some pics. It is always good to see more in hand figure pics and your trio is pretty cool.

This guy is really little but the head seems not to bad from the size? I thought it might be harder to find a fitting size

Thanks, Simon, glad you liked it. I just looked it up -- it is a Heng Toys Persian Archer head. It is about regular size, with a removable wig piece (for the purposes of putting it inside a helmet). As I understand it, people affected with dwarfism have somewhat different bodily proportions, and the heads looking proportionately somewhat bigger can be appropriate.

At any rate, this "dwarf character" is makeshift -- I just stuck this head on him to see what it would look like (at the time I had not picked up the Kuiil head) and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. If I decide to go for a proper fantasy dwarf (whether with this head or another), he would have more pre-modern clothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum