OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 20]

BAMComix

Somehow, he always manages to find the chicks Very Happy

Visisonor

Jason Momoa looks epic in this role Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:So much to take in, I'd have to come back later! Love the humor, especially the Star Wars and superhero ones, and those historical Chinese or Japanese characters. Is that Aquaman as Christ? And you've got some very interesting experiments. Sometimes I didn't know whether something was printed or onscreen.
Thank you for the kind words. And, yes, good eye, that is very much him. To be honest, his was the only bearded long-"real"-haired I had handy, and I wanted to capture the Easter eggs (this was a month ago) before they got smashed and devoured. But I can also claim I'm making a reference to fish symbolism and early Christianity. Smile
The continuous experimenting with onscreen backgrounds started with the "Lady of the Lake" HERE and HERE. Been meaning to continue these.

BAMComix wrote:Somehow, he always manages to find the chicks Very Happy
He does, doesn't he? I see what you did there! But who could blame him? Or them? Smile

Visisonor wrote:Jason Momoa looks epic in this role Smile
Thank you, I'm glad you thought so. But then again, doesn't he look epic in every role? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Kiwi-Paul

I can almost hear celestial music playing when I look at the photo....or is it the theme to The Exorcist!! Great photo, love the humor.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kiwi-Paul wrote:I can almost hear celestial music playing when I look at the photo....or is it the theme to The Exorcist!! Great photo, love the humor.
Thank you very much, Paul, I'm glad you liked it. Celestial music seems appropriate. As for the exorcist, I suppose he'd be the ultimate at that job! Smile

ElBundy

ElBundy
There are a lot of original and funny pictures in this thread.  Very Happy And me too: I got to get this Valkyrie head...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ElBundy wrote:There are a lot of original and funny pictures in this thread.  Very Happy And me too: I got to get this Valkyrie head...
Thank you very much, Oliver, I'm delighted you liked them.
The third-party Valkyrie was very good, but this one is exquisite (even if someone noted it has that all-too-common deer-caught-in-the-headlights look). I broke down and got the set (albeit unboxed, to save on a little money and a bit more space).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
26. Tickle Fight

A by-product of my Newer LDDoll seamless bodies review (HERE).

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Lddfr010
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Lddfr011
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Lddfr012
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Lddfr013
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Lddfr014

Visisonor

Visisonor
So many props and details around the room.
Apparently these three were so loud that this other dude came to scold them.

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Visisonor wrote:So many props and details around the room.

Yes, just an incredible amount of great little accessories that make the overall picture look really real! Really fantastic! The seamless bodies look prominent.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 Banner_andreas_haak11

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent room. So many details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots Ian! I love the fun and energy conveyed in the shots, they all look to be having a great time together Very Happy .

French

French
The time you had to spend to create your composition. Set up the decor, the accessories, then position your figurines and choose the right angle for the photo

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:So many props and details around the room.

More below, but the "other dude" is supposed to be a dad figure (but of which of the younger ones, I haven't determined yet).

Darth_Hogge wrote:Yes, just an incredible amount of great little accessories that make the overall picture look really real! Really fantastic! The seamless bodies look prominent.

Stryker2012 wrote:Excellent room. So many details.

BAMComix wrote:Great shots Ian! I love the fun and energy conveyed in the shots, they all look to be having a great time together Very Happy .

French wrote:The time you had to spend to create your composition. Set up the decor, the accessories, then position your figurines and choose the right angle for the photo

Thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate them. Realistic clutter is a major driving force in my collecting of parted-out or individual pieces, and this is probably what helps sell the otherwise very basic room. Dal is a master at this, but his rooms are far more real (and versatile) than mine: I have been too busy/lazy to create new physical (printed or otherwise) wall backdrops (and several of my old ones are damaged), or to add extra details (windows, bookcases, etc) digitally. So I'm happy the room still worked as it is. But it was really intended as a showcase for the reviewed figures, which I hope look reasonably well here, yet took a little bit of life of its own.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate them. Realistic clutter is a major driving force in my collecting of parted-out or individual pieces, and this is probably what helps sell the otherwise very basic room. Dal is a master at this, but his rooms are far more real (and versatile) than mine: I have been too busy/lazy to create new physical (printed or otherwise) wall backdrops (and several of my old ones are damaged), or to add extra details (windows, bookcases, etc) digitally. So I'm happy the room still worked as it is. But it was really intended as a showcase for the reviewed figures, which I hope look reasonably well here, yet took a little bit of life of its own.

Thank you Ian, and I agree, it's often the little bits and pieces that sell a good room pic. As for windows and doors, if your interested of course. There are some amazing windows and doors for sale on Etsy Wink .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Thank you Ian, and I agree, it's often the little bits and pieces that sell a good room pic. As for windows and doors, if your interested of course. There are some amazing windows and doors for sale on Etsy Wink .
You are welcome, just saying it like it is, your room dioramas are amazing. At this point I'm (almost) good on little pieces, but I've let the big pieces fall behind. I got these from a store on Etsy, plus a door and a few more trims more recently, as well as doors and some other items from Mihail also on Etsy. The fireplace made it into the Valentine's Day post, but I haven't really put them to good use yet.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Thank you Ian, and I agree, it's often the little bits and pieces that sell a good room pic. As for windows and doors, if your interested of course. There are some amazing windows and doors for sale on Etsy Wink .
You are welcome, just saying it like it is, your room dioramas are amazing. At this point I'm (almost) good on little pieces, but I've let the big pieces fall behind. I got these from a store on Etsy, plus a door and a few more trims more recently, as well as doors and some other items from Mihail also on Etsy. The fireplace made it into the Valentine's Day post, but I haven't really put them to good use yet.

Thanks again Very Happy . I remember seeing those when you posted them, they look amazing! I might have to invest in some too bounce .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Thanks again  Very Happy . I remember seeing those when you posted them, they look amazing! I might have to invest in some too bounce .
I doubt that you need them, with your skills. I have them for what, two years now, and still haven't made myself paint or wallpaper them appropriately.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Thanks again  Very Happy . I remember seeing those when you posted them, they look amazing! I might have to invest in some too bounce .
I doubt that you need them, with your skills. I have them for what, two years now, and still haven't made myself paint or wallpaper them appropriately.

Ah, I'm sure you'll get there Ian! sometimes all it takes is an idea to get the ball rolling bounce

Diana

Diana
Awww, what a nice sequence! And that room setup is amazing! Very believable. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That a very nice photo series, Ian! Tons of little details, as others have already pointed out! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 1f60d

Kiwi-Paul

Wow, I have a floor lamp just like it in "human" size, and I just noticed the cat...it really looks amazing sitting there watching what is going on, no doubt able to smell the pizza and hoping for a bite!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I doubt that you need them, with your skills. I have them for what, two years now, and still haven't made myself paint or wallpaper them appropriately.

Ah, I'm sure you'll get there Ian! sometimes all it takes is an idea to get the ball rolling bounce
Oh, I've got ideas, but life gets in the way...

Diana wrote:Awww, what a nice sequence! And that room setup is amazing! Very believable. Smile
Thank you very much, Diana. I'm very happy you like it and find it believable. Clutter tends to help in that. Smile

Randam Hajile wrote:That a very nice photo series, Ian! Tons of little details, as others have already pointed out!  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 1f60d
Thank you very much, Ralf. Glad you enjoyed the little details.

Kiwi-Paul wrote:Wow, I have a floor lamp just like it in "human" size, and I just noticed the cat...it really looks amazing sitting there watching what is going on, no doubt able to smell the pizza and hoping for a bite!
I could not resist picking up the lamp precisely because it is so true to life. It actually lights up, but that would require a different kind of lighting of the scene to be noticeable. The cat works pretty well, but took a spill, didn't land on its feet, and is now missing the tip of one of its ears, the poor thing. I think it was distracted by the pizza.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool, the latest photo is great in how many stuff it has, makes it look very realistic.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 17 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum